Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Given it looks like only RCC Europe is the ship for the UK and it seems likely to be the source of the VINs and delivery assignments from this week. Is it possible that only a percentage of VINs have been allocated and delivery arranged so far? Wondering if we may see another round of Vins and delivery arrangement next week if this is the case? Assuming there’s a few thousand vehicles on the ship so surely that’s a big batch to assign and arrange delivery in one hit?
Clutching at straws but I'll take it. My end of June delivery got changed to just "July" - sods law as I just sold my model 3 today and noticed it. Was holding pretty strong for 18-30 June. With no expected ship next q yet, only real chance of a June/July delivery imo is rcc Europe.

🤞🏽🤞🏽

Reactions: ean36t and Daedalus
Clutching at straws but I'll take it. My end of June delivery got changed to just "July" - sods law as I just sold my model 3 today and noticed it. Was holding pretty strong for 18-30 June. With no expected ship next q yet, only real chance of a June/July delivery imo is rcc Europe.

🤞🏽🤞🏽
I share your fustration, i had june for a whole month, but i thought that was generous, but then to be at September, with a chronically ill child, we will be test driving some ex demos this weekend so we can get an EV with easy acess and parking to London hospitals, the 3 month swigs and roundabouts may be just a bit too much.

Ordered late Feb

MYLR MSM/Black/20 Manchester and moved from 20-30 June to 'May' yesterday

Painful process. Total lottery at this stage whether we'll get a car prior to end of Q2
Only difference between yours and mine is the white interior, I ordered mid March, delivery confirmed for 21st June. Interestingly the option to order white interior has gone off the website now… are the two linked? Correlation seems a bit odd, but just throwing ideas around!🤷🏻

Re Insurance: I’m just getting quotes now, I was expecting the worst reading comments on here….. compare the market has spat out quotes starting at £500 with a £200 vol excess….. that’s 30k miles pa, fully comp, SDPC & Business use with 1 x named driver….10years NCD.

I’ve seen people quoting multiple thousands for insurance, am I missing something??

Reactions: Daedalus
Ordered late Feb

MYLR MSM/Black/20 Manchester and moved from 20-30 June to 'May' yesterday

Painful process. Total lottery at this stage whether we'll get a car prior to end of Q2
I spoke to Tesla couple days ago and they made me aware if you didn't have a car allocated for June in the flurry of vin allocations that happened previously then it's basically confirmed your car won't be coming until next quarter.

They also said this should be backed up by an EDD update by the end of this week or next and now it's happened. So if your EDD has moved back to just a month - that's a placeholder caused by an apparent bug in their system. Just means they have no further specific information for your order and it's gone back to the estimation you would have had when you very first ordered.

So basically congrats to those who got their VINs, and for those of us that haven't the wait continues now until most likely September

I spoke to Tesla couple days ago and they made me aware if you didn't have a car allocated for June in the flurry of vin allocations that happened previously then it's basically confirmed your car won't be coming until next quarter.

They also said this should be backed up by an EDD update by the end of this week or next and now it's happened. So if your EDD has moved back to just a month - that's a placeholder caused by an apparent bug in their system. Just means they have no further specific information for your order and it's gone back to the estimation you would have had when you very first ordered.

So basically congrats to those who got their VINs, and for those of us that haven't the wait continues now until most likely September
Yes so a few have said but having spoken to them myself they said the allocation process is an American system and its got issues at the moment with the EDD all over the shop and not to read too much into being/not being allocated a vin.. it's the text that matters and they can still come up until the next 2 weeks for a June delivery..

So I guess I'm holding onto the hope this will happen Having ordered fairly early relative to others.. fingers crossed

Re Insurance: I’m just getting quotes now, I was expecting the worst reading comments on here….. compare the market has spat out quotes starting at £500 with a £200 vol excess….. that’s 30k miles pa, fully comp, SDPC & Business use with 1 x named driver….10years NCD.

I’ve seen people quoting multiple thousands for insurance, am I missing something??
I was of the same impression but when I was testing the water a while back when I put in my order I was getting similar quotes as you. I have decades of NC which I think insurers only count up to 9yrs .to give full NCD.

Are you looking to go with Direct Line?

Reactions: Pajo78

Think your location makes the biggest impact. When I first checked I was getting quotes of £1200.

Shopped around a bit and now have a quote for £680 which I’m alright with consider the jump in insurance groups from my current car that I pay £400 for.

I was of the same impression but when I was testing the water a while back when I put in my order I was getting similar quotes as you. I have decades of NC which I think insurers only count up to 9yrs .to give full NCD.

Are you looking to go with Direct Line?
I’m easy really, (work will refund it so actually looking for best support/customer services!)

Just want to check if a tracker is required to be installed while taking insurance from LV=
Every time i navigate between pages while generating the quote - get a message 'Sorry..we need a tracker installed for Model Y'.
Thought the vehicle already comes with a tracker.

Seen this come up before, particularly for "new models". Seems that Tesla's have been OK in this regard in the past.

Try an online quote for an M3 or an M3P perhaps, and see if that is OK? If so I expect its a glitch in their automated system - MY not been around for long (but for heck's sake, its been around for long enough if they want the business?!!). Tesla is top insurance group, so that probably always triggers "Tracker" requirement until Admin adjust something.

Just contacted my insurance (Churchill) who said they won’t insure me if I got my car wrapped

Seen plenty of that. No idea why, I think there is a perception of "Must be Boy Racer" and thus High Risk. "Wrap excluded" seems perfectly reasonable rather than "invalid insurance" (although in my case PPF prevented actual damage to paint so saved Insurance company money ...) - would Fluffy Dice invalidate insurance?

it seems likely to be the source of the VINs and delivery assignments from this week. Is it possible that only a percentage of VINs have been allocated and delivery arranged so far?

My read of the tea-leaves:

Lots moved EDD (a while back) to roughly a 14 day interval at end of June - that looked encouraging (e.g. "Preliminary allocation of Order to a Build Batch")

Plenty of VINs have now been assigned. They have been assigned much sooner than we have come to expect in previous quarters (normally 14 days-ish before handover). Maybe staff are bored ... or so few cars coming this quarter that they have just got on with it.

Plenty moved from end-June-date-range to Aug-Sep - I think reasonable to assume they've missed out on Q2

Some still left with the original End-June-EDD - hard to know if they will firm up, or not.

Then there are some with "May". I take that to be "Unallocated", but seems surprising they haven't moved to "Aug-Sep" ... so maybe "Pending"

And then there are also "July". Tesla never (normally ...) deliver cars to UK in 1st month of Quarter. There is some suggestion this is a different "Unallocated/Pending" bucket - e.g. "Pending any cancellations"

Tesla will have a good idea of what percentage of VIN allocations result in "Can't take delivery" i.e. customer either Cancels or Postpones. Those are then reallocated (and if Tesla wind up with "stock" at the end of the Quarter - i.e. a Car and no matching Order (**) - then that goes into Inventory ... and someone snaps it up (and if they convert from an existing order they drops out of the queue). So maybe "July" is their "Likely Percentage Cancellations" bucket

(**) Tesla may not bother to try to match Stock with Orders. Not sure if/when this happens but, for example, if very close to end of quarter month they may phone around trying to find someone who can take it "tomorrow". To do that you have to be able to pay ... and many people will have bank accounts with £10K daily limit, or a host of other reasons why "tomorrow" is not possible. So anyone with Finance may fail that process (or maybe, conversely, everyone with Finance can take advantage of that e.g. if Finance company has Ace Admin!! / instant-pay arrangement with Tesla - I absolutely Dunno! on that point)

In summary I think:

Anyone still holding 15-30-June EDD (i.e. No VIN yet) is a surprise. Maybe holding for "Possible cancellation", but would have expected to have already changed to Aug-Sep.

"May" and "July" are also a surprise, but I suspect that "July" is "Hold for cancellation". Also just possible that they are expecting Boat so late that they may not, quite, complete the handover before end-June, and "July" will yet firm up to either 30-June or 01-July :)

In that regard I would have no idea what "May" is

I reckon you have become old, like me ...

looking for best support/customer services!

Find one that either doesn't use AutoGlass, or will get Tesla to install replacement windscreen if AutoGlass piss around for months saying "There isn't any glass" when Tesla could install it for you tomorrow.

Actually - RANT ON! - based on my experience, find insurance that flat doesn't use AutoGlass. I've had "We've got glass Sir, drop car off tomorrow" followed (10 minutes after my Ride took me to work) with "Turns out we've got the wrong glass". And they did that a second time a week or so later.

Since 2015 I've had 4 or 5 windows on Tesla from AutoGlass. Every one of them was a nightmare. Creaking headliner (wouldn't heave heard that in an ICE, eventually I took it to Tesla to get it fixed). Rear quarter light replaced - horrendous wind noise. Senior fitter came to fix it, original had used so much glue the sort-out removed, and wasted/replaced, all the chrome surround and had to break the glass to get it all out ...

Reactions: NewMYLRDriver