Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yes so a few have said but having spoken to them myself they said the allocation process is an American system and its got issues at the moment with the EDD all over the shop and not to read too much into being/not being allocated a vin.. it's the text that matters and they can still come up until the next 2 weeks for a June delivery..

So I guess I'm holding onto the hope this will happen Having ordered fairly early relative to others.. fingers crossed
I think their account is backed up by shipping movements too. The only way I can see further VINs being allocated this quarter is if Horizon Leader comes to the UK which looks unlikely

Reactions: Toblerone
Only difference between yours and mine is the white interior, I ordered mid March, delivery confirmed for 21st June. Interestingly the option to order white interior has gone off the website now… are the two linked? Correlation seems a bit odd, but just throwing ideas around!🤷🏻
Just checked the website. Ordering white interior is still an option- just that a tow hitch option been introduced and interior options have slipped down below

Interestingly the option to order white interior has gone off the website now… are the two linked? Correlation seems a bit odd, but just throwing ideas around!🤷🏻
Just been through the order process and white is still showing as an option for me.🤔

white interior.jpg

Reactions: MYLRToon and Pajo78
We’re expecting a baby in mid July and can’t be without a bigger vehicle. I’m going to have to find an alternative short term or wave goodbye to Tesla and Zen altogether and think about an ICE. Really frustrated with Zen advertising “June delivery” and as in-stock deal when it’s all just speculation….

We’re expecting a baby in mid July and can’t be without a bigger vehicle. I’m going to have to find an alternative short term or wave goodbye to Tesla and Zen altogether and think about an ICE. Really frustrated with Zen advertising “June delivery” and as in-stock deal when it’s all just speculation….
ONTO

That’s what I’m doing currently whilst I wait for the Tesla.

Monthly Electric Car Subscription 👍👍

Everything included as well so worked out okay.

Plus the car is a massive downgrade I’ve currently got which will make the Tesla even more special 😂👍😅

ONTO

That’s what I’m doing currently whilst I wait for the Tesla.

Monthly Electric Car Subscription 👍👍

Everything included as well so worked out okay.

Plus the car is a massive downgrade I’ve currently got which will make the Tesla even more special 😂👍😅
I wouldn’t recommend onto they have jacked prices loads, it would be £899 for an ID4 limited to 750miles a month, oh and insurance excess is £1k

Hello TMC Community – first post.

I've been lurking last couple of months as my other half placed an order for a Model Y Long Range in Red paint/Black Interior with 19 Inch Gemini Alloys in March. The vehicle is a Company Car and the order / payment / insurance side is handled by the employer. She was informed yesterday that collection has been arranged for 30th June. I'm guessing this update happened earlier part of the week as part of the flurry of VIN allocations reported here.

Enjoying the Forum, slightly obsessed with the Shipping info – thank you @Mr Miserable

Tricky part with most car subscription services is that they don't allow trips across the channel, or at massive additional cost, and you have to give plenty of notice, so not sure it would be working for us this summer
yeah it’s not for everyone. But there are some that may find these services useful as a short term solution.

Can be expensive for the car you get but just makes your Tesla much more worth it 😅

Seen this come up before, particularly for "new models". Seems that Tesla's have been OK in this regard in the past.

Try an online quote for an M3 or an M3P perhaps, and see if that is OK? If so I expect its a glitch in their automated system - MY not been around for long (but for heck's sake, its been around for long enough if they want the business?!!). Tesla is top insurance group, so that probably always triggers "Tracker" requirement until Admin adjust something.

Seen plenty of that. No idea why, I think there is a perception of "Must be Boy Racer" and thus High Risk. "Wrap excluded" seems perfectly reasonable rather than "invalid insurance" (although in my case PPF prevented actual damage to paint so saved Insurance company money ...) - would Fluffy Dice invalidate insurance?

My read of the tea-leaves:

Lots moved EDD (a while back) to roughly a 14 day interval at end of June - that looked encouraging (e.g. "Preliminary allocation of Order to a Build Batch")

Plenty of VINs have now been assigned. They have been assigned much sooner than we have come to expect in previous quarters (normally 14 days-ish before handover). Maybe staff are bored ... or so few cars coming this quarter that they have just got on with it.

Plenty moved from end-June-date-range to Aug-Sep - I think reasonable to assume they've missed out on Q2

Some still left with the original End-June-EDD - hard to know if they will firm up, or not.

Then there are some with "May". I take that to be "Unallocated", but seems surprising they haven't moved to "Aug-Sep" ... so maybe "Pending"

And then there are also "July". Tesla never (normally ...) deliver cars to UK in 1st month of Quarter. There is some suggestion this is a different "Unallocated/Pending" bucket - e.g. "Pending any cancellations"

Tesla will have a good idea of what percentage of VIN allocations result in "Can't take delivery" i.e. customer either Cancels or Postpones. Those are then reallocated (and if Tesla wind up with "stock" at the end of the Quarter - i.e. a Car and no matching Order (**) - then that goes into Inventory ... and someone snaps it up (and if they convert from an existing order they drops out of the queue). So maybe "July" is their "Likely Percentage Cancellations" bucket

(**) Tesla may not bother to try to match Stock with Orders. Not sure if/when this happens but, for example, if very close to end of quarter month they may phone around trying to find someone who can take it "tomorrow". To do that you have to be able to pay ... and many people will have bank accounts with £10K daily limit, or a host of other reasons why "tomorrow" is not possible. So anyone with Finance may fail that process (or maybe, conversely, everyone with Finance can take advantage of that e.g. if Finance company has Ace Admin!! / instant-pay arrangement with Tesla - I absolutely Dunno! on that point)

In summary I think:

Anyone still holding 15-30-June EDD (i.e. No VIN yet) is a surprise. Maybe holding for "Possible cancellation", but would have expected to have already changed to Aug-Sep.

"May" and "July" are also a surprise, but I suspect that "July" is "Hold for cancellation". Also just possible that they are expecting Boat so late that they may not, quite, complete the handover before end-June, and "July" will yet firm up to either 30-June or 01-July :)

In that regard I would have no idea what "May" is

I reckon you have become old, like me ...
Oddly, mine is stuck at just ‘June’.

I'm also looking at short term leases. Really disappointing having ordered in March, reassured for a June delivery, we need a car. No matter what way you look at it, for people handing cars back, its going to cost 1k per month. For people loosing their trade in value, its going to cost a similar amount.

Such a shame.