Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It's definitely a surreal place. Tesla, admittedly graduated me at long last this last week.

To be honest though, it feels sort of surreal to also be leaving! All I can say is that anyone pulled in to the club, hang in there. Both classes of Q1 and Q2 were (and still are) amazing company. I think the wait would have been brain numbing and torture otherwise.

🍻
All the best. Happy Tesla Days after the Tesla daze!

• Love
Reactions: Snowy77
Damn. My EDD went from June 18-30 last week, to July this week and to September 12 - October 27 tonight. A bit gutted to be honest. I’ll probably now have to buy 4 tyres for the Model 3 I was trading in. Damn. I might also now be encouraged to look at alternatives now that the supercharger network is opening up. Not that I’ll get delivery of an alternative any sooner of course. Damn, again :rolleyes:

Damn. My EDD went from June 18-30 last week, to July this week and to September 12 - October 27 tonight. A bit gutted to be honest. I’ll probably now have to buy 4 tyres for the Model 3 I was trading in. Damn. I might also now be encouraged to look at alternatives now that the supercharger network is opening up. Not that I’ll get delivery of an alternative any sooner of course. Damn, again :rolleyes:
Lol yeah was gonna say unless you're really unhappy there's just no point canceling since if you want an EV chances are any order will be just as long or longer

Luxury! Buying a new Model 3 LR. Ordered Jan for March arrival, EDD now Nov-Dec

Currently a 9 month wait on a BMW i4 apparently, so only 3 months later than I would get a now Model 3.

Reactions: interbear
I have Blue MY black seats, induction wheels on order. Ordered in February.

Now that the initially agreed delivery dates have slipped, Does anyone know if can we get the deposit back from Tesla. I will not be able to wait until September , so will mostly go for a used plug in hybrid.
I’m the same spec, so please cancel! 😜

Apparently you can call them and get your deposit back. Something something consumer law.

Been reading updates here for the last few days and thought I’d get registered and post my dates if it helps expectations with other orders.

My workplace has LeasePlan as a provider and I placed an order through them on the evening of 28th April. Order got ‘received’ on 29th April. After filling in some driver checks, my order was ‘approved’ by LeasePlan on 4th May. On 4th May I also received an email directly from Tesla asking for me to finish setting up my account with them. On 9th May I received my order confirmation and RN number through LeasePlan. On 23rd May one further email from LeasePlan to state the ‘new anticipated delivery date is now 28-10-2022’ (having not been given a delivery date before).

Car specs on order: MYLR / Blue / Black / 19” Gemini / EAP

Ordered the car without a test drive first.

Previous car was a Tiguan on 20” wheels. Ride on that was on the firmer side so hoping the reports of a firmer ride in the MY aren’t too different from that.

I’ll be going for a test drive today in the Glasgow centre. Im hoping it doesn’t disappoint! I’ll see if the rep there can give more info on the order whilst there.

Reactions: TheRealWatto
Test drove MY on Saturday (28-May), ordered MYLR Blue/Black/Gemini on the Monday (30-May). Estimated configurator delivery of Sep-Nov.

Filled in all the details on the Tesla app and now have an estimated delivery range of Sept 3 - Oct 18. Though after speaking to the TA on Saturday, he suggested that if I order it now I should expect delivery at the end of the year. Fingers crossed!

I skipped the trade-in section as well as it didn't make sense to put in the details now, but that section has totally disappeared. I'll need to ask them if I can add a trade-in at a later date.

In an effort to brighten up the doom and gloom permeating this thread, I think we all need to remember that - historically - EDDs are about as useful as an inflatable dart board (at least until they narrow to a very small window).

By this time next week, they'll likely have changed another 2 or 3 times for no apparent reason. Pure conjecture that should be treated as such.

What we do know is that Giga Shanghai is now back up and running and that they will be under pressure to start clearing the backlog in all regions, the increased domestic demand in China notwithstanding. And, whilst I do not profess to be an expert on Tesla's production capabilities, I find it very hard to believe that a 3-4 week shutdown would result in a 4-5 month delay in deliveries.

I'm staying hopeful. But am also weening myself off of the thrice-a-day addiction that is this thread as I'm going to have a mental breakdown. 😂

Last edited:
In an effort to brighten up the doom and gloom permeating this thread, I think we all need to remember that - historically - EDDs are about as useful as an inflatable dart board (at least until they narrow to a very small window).

By this time next week, they'll likely have changed another 2 or 3 times for no apparent reason. Pure conjecture that should be treated as such.

What we do know is that Giga Shanghai is now back up and running and that they will be under pressure to start clearing the backlog in all regions, the increased domestic demand in China notwithstanding. And, whilst I do not profess to be an expert on Tesla's production capabilities, I find it very hard to believe that a 3-4 week shutdown would result in a 4-5 month delay in deliveries.

I'm staying hopeful. But am also weening myself off of the thrice-a-day addiction that is this thread as I'm going to have a mental breakdown. 😂
Agreed