Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, LV? Once you get to speak with someone, very nice and professional bloke. This was after a quarter hour of online chat (with a human) who ended up suggesting I speak to the motor insurance team:mad:

The positive is they totally understand PPF and will pay for its repair in the case of a claim.
However, very expensive premium with high excess; nearly three times what I pay for the X3.

They accept the Tesla tracking but if that failed they would not pay.
Really very straight forward an open approach but pricey.

Currently losing the will to live whilst holding on for Admiral. I chose the "cancel my insurance option" that usually gets them to the phone but not today. Too hot to be arsed asked;)
O.K. Through to Admiral, excellent people once you get to speak with them. X3 insurance will be switched to the MY on 🤞 and simultaneously, the X3 reinsured for one month thereby giving me time to sell it.

Last edited:
Reactions: ME_UK
What worries me, is that it's clearly a program change within the database that was put in place manually...... i.e. Update Estimated_Deliveries set Update_Date = 'august 29 - october 13' where order_date < (insert random date) and colour = (insert random color) and TMC_Forum_Member = 'True'.....

And it's just gone back to capitals, which means the poor programmer that forgot to use proper case either reads this forum, or just got a clip round the ear from his boss.....

On the other hand, it does mean that someone, somewhere did just get an updated date range or specific date. Anyone other than 'August 29 - October 13' get a lower case issue?
I don’t think anyone is storing expected delivery date in a database as a string…

It’s more likely a formatting on different server versions (either edge cached or some A/B deployment we’re getting round robben’d between). The value in the JSON is pre formatted so doesn’t seem to be a client side issue, plus it’s happening on the mobile app as well as the website (admittedly the mobile apps could be running some of the web code, but I doubt it).

Long and sort, I don’t think it’s anything significant, just a minor formatting bug that’ll probably go away soon.

Reactions: ME_UK
NETWORK RAIL INDUSTRIAL ACTION - 21, 23, 25 June
Worth doing some pre-planning if your pickup is on or around these days and you are planning on getting there by train. I’m picking up on 24th (non-strike day) and was hoping to travel to Glasgow by train but ScotRail say ‘On the days following strike action there will be disruption caused by the reopening of signal boxes across the country ……. It may well be early afternoon before many routes are able to operate as normal’.

Looks like it could be chaos so best check with your rail operating company timetable sooner rather than later. Don’t want to miss out on that delivery slot 😳

Vanarama just rang. Said they've had some cancellations so would I like my car delivered early (was now scheduled for August, ordered end of March), obv I said "Yes, hell yes!"

They're expecting them delivered at the end of June, and will be deliverable mid to end July. Basically my order will be matched to a car now available, so I presume someone further up the order chain will be matched to my august delivery

So if anyone else has ordered with them keep your phone close by!

What worries me, is that it's clearly a program change within the database that was put in place manually...... i.e. Update Estimated_Deliveries set Update_Date = 'august 29 - october 13' where order_date < (insert random date) and colour = (insert random color) and TMC_Forum_Member = 'True'.....

All the variations I have seen over the months look like "Manual Input"

I don’t think anyone is storing expected delivery date in a database as a string…

I've seen very specific date ranges, a single month name, as well as a month name range with either month name in full or abbreviated, with/without the year, and Caps/Lower-case. I think it is extremely unlikely to be structured-data from a fully-automated process. So may actually be manual data ...

There again, I have never seen "Unallocated", which would be useful to Punters, nor properly broad ranges like "Q4 2022" or "2023". And if it is a Free Text field that would allow someone to make a process-change along those lines.

The back-and-forth of EDDs maybe indicates that the only scheduling tool that the car-allocation-team has is the EDD - the same one which is visible to the Punter. So on that assumption they are using EDD as a "dump" for various batches of "maybes" whilst they are refining car-to-Punter allocation.

"Anyone used August?", "OK, how about August-September?" Errrmm ... "What if abbreviated to Aug-Sep?" Darn it. "Lower case?"

So maybe they don't have an internal allocation-scheduling-attempt field, and wind up using the Punter-visible EDD. And thereby cause angst, anxiety and confusion for the user-community.

Given what a Horlicks they have made of trying to generate Final Invoices for me (one really bad example in particular, but I'm not sure I've actually had a single car that only had one Final Invoice "attempt"), I am doubtful that Tesla have much back-office software that is polished and "out of Beta" :) I categorise this as a "Billion Dollar Startup problem" where speed of growth causes all sorts of growing pains, where solutions don't come fast enough - and when they do they may well have already been outgrown.

I thought to have a word with Farmers Union Insurance as they are highly recommended by Which.

They get 10/10 for the ease of finding a human being with whom to speak but I was not "super" pleased with what they had to say: " Let me stop you right there sir, we do not insure Teslas at all!" Begs the the question: Which Which and why?

NFU have been insuring my Tesla since 2015 ... not bothered to look elsewhere (they are OK with the business use I need and (possibly only pre-Tesla), the cars we had with them were any-driver, which would of course be handy if I had a headache on the 10 minute journey to demo the car to a mate ...)

Original car was sideswiped on a roundabout, and after some elbow-grease and hair-drier action on the PPF you couldn't tell, except for a couple of small dents. But the Bodyshop said that because it was Ali the doors needed replacing (I'm never taking that advice again ... parts took months, car in the shop for weeks, etc etc) it went back to original PPF fitter to have that put on the new doors. NFU paid the whole bill - not sure I knew back then that PPF might be an insurance issue ... or maybe they never looked at the bill! (Other party admitted 100% liability, so it might have been that of course ...) And anything may have changed since then ...

I presume you are not a farmer ... I think there was a point at which NFU said they would only insure Tesla if customer had other insurance with them, so it might be that? So it turns out that you do need several Fergies ...

I don't see any car deliveries in July ( unless there are many rejected deliveries - in that case you will be lucky ) - All cars shipped already will be handed over to customers by end of June 30 . Assuming that there will be another ship from Shanghai in July , you may get the car in Aug/Sept

By looking at the order date - You should have by end of June. Most of March MYLR (white/white & white/black) have the VIN now
Not me :-(

Vanarama just rang. Said they've had some cancellations so would I like my car delivered early (was now scheduled for August, ordered end of March), obv I said "Yes, hell yes!"

They're expecting them delivered at the end of June, and will be deliverable mid to end July. Basically my order will be matched to a car now available, so I presume someone further up the order chain will be matched to my august delivery

So if anyone else has ordered with them keep your phone close by!
What spec?

Greendrive for pedals and spoiler .
@Brian G. Your spoiler looks rather fine. Could you tell me the max width at the centre please? It looks wider and more impressive than mine. But then, mine is in the back room not on the car:)

Also, whilst it is really a question for the Xpel guys, would it be attached after the PPF or before and thereby reqirering them to trim the PPF up to the spoiler edges top and bottom?

Thanks again.

When are you all planning to pay your final invoice? On the order screen on the website it says to send proof of payment 48 hours before collection. I’ve just had a text message to say it needs to be paid 7 days before.
Ignore this. I spoke to them - they suggest 7 days in case there are any issues with funds transfer. Also, send proof of payment to [email protected], not [email protected] as that address is ‘being phased out’. Tesla communication at its very finest.

Reactions: CheshireCheese
NFU have been insuring my Tesla since 2015 ... not bothered to look elsewhere (they are OK with the business use I need and (possibly only pre-Tesla), the cars we had with them were any-driver, which would of course be handy if I had a headache on the 10 minute journey to demo the car to a mate ...)

Original car was sideswiped on a roundabout, and after some elbow-grease and hair-drier action on the PPF you couldn't tell, except for a couple of small dents. But the Bodyshop said that because it was Ali the doors needed replacing (I'm never taking that advice again ... parts took months, car in the shop for weeks, etc etc) it went back to original PPF fitter to have that put on the new doors. NFU paid the whole bill - not sure I knew back then that PPF might be an insurance issue ... or maybe they never looked at the bill! (Other party admitted 100% liability, so it might have been that of course ...) And anything may have changed since then ...

I presume you are not a farmer ... I think there was a point at which NFU said they would only insure Tesla if customer had other insurance with them, so it might be that? So it turns out that you do need several Fergies ...
Haha!
(Andy could(hardly)manage one Fergie:eek:)

NFU Insurance: That is very interesting; I thought them just another organisation getting a bit of commission by badging insurance to attract special interest or relevant professional groups but not to the exclusion of Joe Normal-Bloke.

Having said that, she did not ask if I was either an existing customer or a farmer. I had hardly completed formation of the word Tesla when I got the peremptory " Let me stop you there..we do not insure Teslas." With so many Ys and other EVs coming to town, they may be concerned about underwriting spread now; too many EVs on risk.

Who knows!

I have done a simple switch at Admiral, with the X3 until policy expiration in December, at which time, I will return to the market for, I hesitate to say, competitive quotes.

If all goes to plan with delivery and post pickup pampering, a red/white/Gemini(naked) may be sighted in Suffolk between the 7th and 10th of July doing its best to avoid the razor-sharp-cut hedgerow branch ends. Unless I go for the PPF...which is 90% on the cards, then I can be a little more sanguine.

When are you all planning to pay your final invoice? On the order screen on the website it says to send proof of payment 48 hours before collection. I’ve just had a text message to say it needs to be paid 7 days before.
I will be happy to pay if they would please give me an invoice and bank details. I do not want to risk any 12th hour kerfuffle..my nerves could not take it:oops:

Arrrrghhhh Tesla are playing with me.

My EDD which had been firmly sat at Sep4th - Oct20 has suddenly shifted from June 22-30th.

Probably nothing as usual but they are in the process of returning the final payment they asked for too early.

They appear to have lost my 18k, they've updated the system to show I owe them final payment.

However I have yet to see the money in my bank, they claim they sent it on the 9th June. Spoke to my bank and they say there are no pending transactions.

If they now offer me a car for June with the money missing I'm going to be annoyed .

Most important part is locating the 18k at this stage, getting the car is secondary. What an experience, in contact with Tesla who tell me it's being sorted etc .

The app is now requesting final payment again, no chance until I have a VIN and a txt, this is how I got into this hassle

Arrrrghhhh Tesla are playing with me.

My EDD which had been firmly sat at Sep4th - Oct20 has suddenly shifted from June 22-30th.

Probably nothing as usual but they are in the process of returning the final payment they asked for too early.

They appear to have lost my 18k, they've updated the system to show I owe them final payment.

However I have yet to see the money in my bank, they claim they sent it on the 9th June. Spoke to my bank and they say there are no pending transactions.

If they now offer me a car for June with the money missing I'm going to be annoyed .

Most important part is locating the 18k at this stage, getting the car is secondary. What an experience, in contact with Tesla who tell me it's being sorted etc .

The app is now requesting final payment again, no chance until I have a VIN and a txt, this is how I got into this hassle
Check the source code

I had that date range when I had a VIN assigned. Good luck!

//Edit
Or login to your account and visit this link

That link will output a load of variables. It is usually easier to view it by looking at the page source code. Roughly, View > Page Source In your browser.

Or search for "LRW

I had the text today saying payment is due. Pick up is 29th. My Model 3 gets picked up and paid for on Monday 20th, so I will pay for the Model Y after that, probably a week before pick up, so I'll comply with the 7 days ask.