Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else, with an expired trade in, unable to update their odometer reading to get a new valuation? I spoke to Tesla and they didn't know why that was. I assume I won't be able to update until I have my MY confirmed, to stop it expiring again...

MY LR White/Black 19's - Ord 23rd March

Anyone else, with an expired trade in, unable to update their odometer reading to get a new valuation? I spoke to Tesla and they didn't know why that was. I assume I won't be able to update until I have my MY confirmed, to stop it expiring again...

I was able to update it, but they haven’t yet provided a new valuation. Hoping they do this soon as an indication the car is on its way (EDD Sept-7 -30)

Reactions: adambg and RCMY

I have ordered the same spec as you. My original trade-in quote expired on 5th July, but I was able to go onto my account (via computer) and it asked me for an updated odometer reading (it didn't ask for any updated photos or anything else). I provided the reading on 6th July, and its been stuck on 'Trade-In Valuation in Progress' since then. I did read somewhere else they won't give me an updated valuation until my car is due, so it won't expire (as you said), but unlike you I was able to submit the new reading.

Reactions: Toblerone
I have ordered the same spec as you. My original trade-in quote expired on 5th July, but I was able to go onto my account (via computer) and it asked me for an updated odometer reading (it didn't ask for any updated photos or anything else). I provided the reading on 6th July, and its been stuck on 'Trade-In Valuation in Progress' since then. I did read somewhere else they won't give me an updated valuation until my car is due, so it won't expire (as you said), but unlike you I was able to submit the new reading.
thank you. Seems I might be the exception here, brilliant! Will give them a call.

thank you. Seems I might be the exception here, brilliant! Will give them a call.
I was thinking about it recently, and I'm guessing they'll want re-updated odometer values closer to delivery time before they issue the revised trade-in quote. Otherwise I'll benefit from the fact I updated my reading so quickly, because obviously I've driven since then, but they have the old reading. I wonder if they even realised this and just disabled people from updating odometers until nearer delivery (and I just happened to do it quick enough before they changed the system). Obviously I have no idea. Complete evidence-less theory!

I was thinking about it recently, and I'm guessing they'll want re-updated odometer values closer to delivery time before they issue the revised trade-in quote. Otherwise I'll benefit from the fact I updated my reading so quickly, because obviously I've driven since then, but they have the old reading. I wonder if they even realised this and just disabled people from updating odometers until nearer delivery (and I just happened to do it quick enough before they changed the system). Obviously I have no idea. Complete evidence-less theory!
Sounds plausible tho! Plus, completely evidence-less theories are part of the Tesla experience 🤯

• Funny
Reactions: adambg
Just got a call from 'Shane from Tesla' hope I didn't sound too eager...or rather I do hope I sounded too eager. He said he'd put a big note on my file that I'm ready as soon as possible with the cash.
#teamblue 19" Black inside LR. Ordered 31st March.
He said the app should update in the next week or two.
Rather exciting.
What was he calling for? Also it sounds they have a template response given as sounds identical to what I was told 3 months ago…

What was he calling for? Also it sounds they have a template response given as sounds identical to what I was told 3 months ago…
He said he was calling people who had upcoming dates in August/September to make sure they're ready so as not to match people to cars who weren't ready for them.
Seemed legit as I didn't call him...but I don't know obviously. Time will tell I guess.

He said he was calling people who had upcoming dates in August/September to make sure they're ready so as not to match people to cars who weren't ready for them.
Seemed legit as I didn't call him...but I don't know obviously. Time will tell I guess.
Well, I would have suggested him to start by matching people who had upcoming dates in June and are ready to take delivery since then before calling people further down on the list...

What number do they call from, is it the same as the text number?

I'm still waiting for a date (beyond the 16th Nov the lease company gave me) for a March 28th order (details in sig below). No communication from anyone since it changed 3 weeks ago 😭

Reactions: edbreen
Sounds like they are working through from order date - the guys who had calls earlier today were mid-March orders.
The txt machine must be broken. Hopefully they call me soon (mid April order).

Attachments

• 1659035520972.jpeg
    1659035520972.jpeg
    950.6 KB · Views: 54
What number do they call from, is it the same as the text number?

I'm still waiting for a date (beyond the 16th Nov the lease company gave me) for a March 28th order (details in sig below). No communication from anyone since it changed 3 weeks ago 😭
They called from 01628 450604. It does seem that the random date factor is multiplied by sausage when you're relying on Tesla and a lease company...hope you hear soon.

Yes I tried to get new valuation in June was told they would give new valuation 30 days before delivery. Today had call from Tesla with delivery date of the 12th September asked regarding trade In and was told the same it would be 30 days before collection which is around 12th-13 th August hope this helps.