Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Its definitely getting tense... we just need that one clear UK bound ship that hits the majority September wide EEDs and we are good!

I am tasting that bitter/sweet feeling from last time this happened, how euphoric we all felt that we had tight June EDDs and the poof, major come down.

For the moment, it feels like we are still in a good place.

Its definitely getting tense... we just need that one clear UK bound ship that hits the majority September wide EEDs and we are good!

I am tasting that bitter/sweet feeling from last time this happened, how euphoric we all felt that we had tight June EDDs and the poof, major come down.

For the moment, it feels like we are still in a good place.
It most definitely is. My 1st April order EDD is showing December now while others around my order date have September. Goes to show how pointless and inaccurate EDDs are.

Anyone else starting to think about giving up and cancelling?! I really can’t wait past the end of September, but as time drags on it’s looking incredibly unlikely….
I’m definitely not far from this conclusion. Whilst I appreciate I’ve locked in a lower price etc, if I don’t get my car this quarter I’m likely to give up on EV for the foreseeable, keep (and probably modify) my ICE Golf.

Might be tempted by a Mach-E or Taycan Estate, which given current waiting lists would be tantamount to accepting the above anyway. Tesla’s (lack of) customer service and ambiguity in the pre-delivery period is a massive turn-off.

I’m definitely not far from this conclusion. Whilst I appreciate I’ve locked in a lower price etc, if I don’t get my car this quarter I’m likely to give up on EV for the foreseeable, keep (and probably modify) my ICE Golf.

Might be tempted by a Mach-E or Taycan Estate, which given current waiting lists would be tantamount to accepting the above anyway. Tesla’s (lack of) customer service and ambiguity in the pre-delivery period is a massive turn-off.
I’ve already been looking around.

I’ve been looking at used BMW i and Audi etrons, if anything decent comes up on a decent deal I’ll have no hesitation in cancelling. Nothing viable yet though.

What I am finding mega frustrating is people who ordered after me looking to get theirs by end of September, last update for my order was November, and secondly lack of updates, information. Why do us lease buyers have to be treated as second class citizens? I’ve ordered cars before from other manufacturers both as company cars on lease through a lease company (such as Lex)and personal orders, and the experience from the dealers is the same.

I’ve never had an EDD advised to me, no visibility of my order in my Tesla account (despite having a direct text from Tesla with an RN) and either advised my delivery is TBC, a possible month that gets further away each time I ask, or Tesla refuse to speak to me as I don’t have “lease company approval”.

I had better service from Jaguar, and they were really bad, believe me 😜

I’ve been looking at used BMW i and Audi etrons, if anything decent comes up on a decent deal I’ll have no hesitation in cancelling. Nothing viable yet though.

What I am finding mega frustrating is people who ordered after me looking to get theirs by end of September, last update for my order was November, and secondly lack of updates, information. Why do us lease buyers have to be treated as second class citizens? I’ve ordered cars before from other manufacturers both as company cars on lease through a lease company (such as Lex)and personal orders, and the experience from the dealers is the same.

I’ve never had an EDD advised to me, no visibility of my order in my Tesla account (despite having a direct text from Tesla with an RN) and either advised my delivery is TBC, a possible month that gets further away each time I ask, or Tesla refuse to speak to me as I don’t have “lease company approval”.

Honestly, you're better off directing both barrels at your lease company. From Tesla's perspective you're not the customer, the lease company is. And in my (admittedly limited) experience lease companies are in the top ten "The Worst" ever. They're so useless you'd think they were publically run.

(edit : I hear you about anything JLR. Even SWMBO won't be buying anything from them again, and she loves her Landie)

Honestly, you're better off directing both barrels at your lease company. From Tesla's perspective you're not the customer, the lease company is. And in my (admittedly limited) experience lease companies are in the top ten "The Worst" ever. They're so useless you'd think they were publically run.

(edit : I hear you about anything JLR. Even SWMBO won't be buying anything from them again, and she loves her Landie)
I’ve had an Audi Q5 previously, as a company car through Lex, and had absolutely no dealings with Lex whatsoever, all my communications were with my local Audi dealer who provided a brilliant service (giving me more accurate delivery information than Audi UK). Audi UK kept saying the car was sitting on the dock in Mexico and hadn’t got onto a ship yet, my Audi dealer said it was on the way from Germany (long story!) I’d have the car within 2 weeks, it arrived 1.5 weeks later!

I was going to pull the trigger on an FPace SVR 2 years ago, but the Jaguar Sales Prevention Team (SPT) put paid to that.

Well, I‘ve just contacted Tesla online chat to ask about my order and they came back straight away with Sept 5 to Sept 30 so looks like we are on! This is the first time I’ve been given any kind of rage of specific dates, so fingers and toes crossed! Signature duly updated!

Reactions: Utumno and DrPhlegm

For me it is the annoyance that I spent extra on MSM and inductions (probably would have gotten those anyway) partly on the basis of the reduced EDD.

Any other colour and I think I’d at least have had a delivery date by now if not the car. I can’t change the colour without starting again basically because ‘computer says no’ - when spending this much on anything, the service isn’t good enough and I keep having to remind myself that it’s not actually compulsory for me to have to take this, other manufacturers are available.

I’ve had an Audi Q5 previously, as a company car through Lex, and had absolutely no dealings with Lex whatsoever, all my communications were with my local Audi dealer who provided a brilliant service (giving me more accurate delivery information than Audi UK). Audi UK kept saying the car was sitting on the dock in Mexico and hadn’t got onto a ship yet, my Audi dealer said it was on the way from Germany (long story!) I’d have the car within 2 weeks, it arrived 1.5 weeks later!

I was going to pull the trigger on an FPace SVR 2 years ago, but the Jaguar Sales Prevention Team (SPT) put paid to that.

Well, I‘ve just contacted Tesla online chat to ask about my order and they came back straight away with Sept 5 to Sept 30 so looks like we are on! This is the first time I’ve been given any kind of rage of specific dates, so fingers and toes crossed! Signature duly updated!
I thought I'd give that a crack after reading your message. Still "September" for me ...

Anyone else received this text from Tesla recently? Got it this morning
1659101712089.png

I called Tesla to check what was needed and also to confirm I certainly WAS ready for my Model Y :)

Nice lady on the other end confirmed I was "eligible for a match in September" and that failing any issues it should be delivered. Take from that what you will. Order details in sig below 👇

Reactions: Daedalus
How many people do we know actually "jumped the queue"? Because, I think it's very hard to put a number on it considering all we're going by are posts on this forum which I'm sure represent quite a lot % of actual orders placed. So there's no way to know if they're systematically favouring some people's orders over others (and if you've been on this forum long enough, you'll know that people certainly do try to find a method to the madness - and the results usually are more confusing than when we started).

I also don't know what more there is to expect from Tesla during this time - apart from maybe periodic text messages to say "hang tight, your delivery is being prepared" - something like UberEats would do? Or it could be something like "There's a ship bound for Shanghai - we hope to load your vehicle onto that ship!". But again, we know Tesla do not assign and operate that way so, in my mind, I don't feel there's a point getting frustrated at lack of communication since we know they'll message you once they have for sure assigned your vehicle (1st by assigning a VIN (secretly), and then by confirming the delivery date, reg and VIN once the ship gets closer to port.

Anyway, I complain to myself and to my partner all the time (and sometimes on here) that I want the car NOW, but I just need to remember that it will come eventually. I was given an original EDD and it slipped - we know why it slipped (and OK maybe Tesla could've communicated that to us all?) so I'm hoping that with all the cars they've produced since re-opening, that they will be able to get enough ships to deliver (and I suspect that this is the true reason why we are all waiting, at least based on MrM's intel).

Wishing everyone a good weekend ahead!

How many people do we know actually "jumped the queue"? Because, I think it's very hard to put a number on it considering all we're going by are posts on this forum which I'm sure represent quite a lot % of actual orders placed. So there's no way to know if they're systematically favouring some people's orders over others (and if you've been on this forum long enough, you'll know that people certainly do try to find a method to the madness - and the results usually are more confusing than when we started).

I also don't know what more there is to expect from Tesla during this time - apart from maybe periodic text messages to say "hang tight, your delivery is being prepared" - something like UberEats would do? Or it could be something like "There's a ship bound for Shanghai - we hope to load your vehicle onto that ship!". But again, we know Tesla do not assign and operate that way so, in my mind, I don't feel there's a point getting frustrated at lack of communication since we know they'll message you once they have for sure assigned your vehicle (1st by assigning a VIN (secretly), and then by confirming the delivery date, reg and VIN once the ship gets closer to port.

Anyway, I complain to myself and to my partner all the time (and sometimes on here) that I want the car NOW, but I just need to remember that it will come eventually. I was given an original EDD and it slipped - we know why it slipped (and OK maybe Tesla could've communicated that to us all?) so I'm hoping that with all the cars they've produced since re-opening, that they will be able to get enough ships to deliver (and I suspect that this is the true reason why we are all waiting, at least based on MrM's intel).

Wishing everyone a good weekend ahead!
You're right... in a way i think i'd prefer to not have an EDD, and just wait for the surprise

Good luck with those lead times.

And if you think Tesla is opaque in this pre-delivery period, they are as nothing compared to VW. I came to the Tesla rollercoaster as a backup plan for an ID.3 Tour that VW couldn't tell me was in build or not, part-built or not, or to give any kind of indication of possible lead time.

After holding stable for quite a while, my EDD just narrowed from 'September 04 - October 19' to 'September 05 - September 30'. I know this means nothing until a VIN appears, so I'll keep checking source code (like every 5 minutes, every day, all week)
Seems like someone at Tesla just clicked the random number generator again....just 7 days after my previous EDD update, it's changed again to 'August 27 - September 26'. At least it's going the right way (then again, it doesn't say which year... 😁)