Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When I checked before ordering my MYLR I found the cheapest to be direct line (as directed by the Tesla website). This surprised me as Direct Line I have always found to be uncompetitive - not checked recently though (although I have checked the comparison sites and quotes are still broadly the same as previously (April) thankfully).

Reactions: BATMOBILE786
Why not try a price comparison website, Hastings were cheapest for us although similar to Churchill once some extras were added. Often insurance companies hit a quota limit in regards to an area, age group or type of car etc then just offer a crazy quote rather than refuse service.
From my original post re high insurance. This was after trying comparison sites. Next thing i'll do is try and ring some directly as my quotes do not make sense when compared to others with with much cheaper ones.

Reactions: Human_ and robmcm
Where do you all think the head of the queue will be after the uk deliveries are made in September- end April OD, mid April OD or something else? Some sites were claiming Shanghai is working intensely just now and perhaps another delivery or 2 to uk s possible after Glovis companion. 🚘🎷🎶

Where do you all think the head of the queue will be after the uk deliveries are made in September- end April OD, mid April OD or something else? Some sites were claiming Shanghai is working intensely just now and perhaps another delivery or 2 to uk s possible after Glovis companion. 🚘🎷🎶
I’m hoping for the 2 extra ships, as my EDD has been static at 25-30 September for a while now. No VIN yet. Ordered start of July. I can kid myself until I see a EDD change 🙂

From my original post re high insurance. This was after trying comparison sites. Next thing i'll do is try and ring some directly as my quotes do not make sense when compared to others with with much cheaper ones.

Insurance for the MY has just been an ever growing price for me. Had quotes in June when I was originally due delivery at £650, then I check again in July as that’s when I got told the delayed car would be delivered and got £1000. Now I have a Sept delivery date + VIN and I’ve settled on £1250 as the cheapest with Admiral And £5k at the most.

Honestly I get parts are hard to find etc but Jesus close to double in the space of 2 months?!

I’m 35, 11+ NCB, low mileage user too at 7k and held my license for 15+ years but all means nothing because I live in a suburb of London ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Reactions: QuanTim and bainsy
Good Morning guys, lots going on the 2022 shipping thread, RHD cars at Shanghai South, possibility of Titus being back on the Scene too, everyone waiting on confirmation, so looking like a promising end of the week after the disapointment of just one day of Vins, for those of us still waiting:)
Thank you @ElsDee for your positive morning bulletin. Getting a nice dose of hopeium back in my vains after a deflated week.

Happy Friday everyone!

Insurance for the MY has just been an ever growing price for me. Had quotes in June when I was originally due delivery at £650, then I check again in July as that’s when I got told the delayed car would be delivered and got £1000. Now I have a Sept delivery date + VIN and I’ve settled on £1250 as the cheapest with Admiral And £5k at the most.

Honestly I get parts are hard to find etc but Jesus close to double in the space of 2 months?!

I’m 35, 11+ NCB, low mileage user too at 7k and held my license for 15+ years but all means nothing because I live in a suburb of London ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Very similar with me but i live suburb of birmingham. As stated before cheapest i can find is £2000. (Was 1k in April)

It’s Friday afternoon which only means one thing; my EDD is going to be updated at some point. I wonder what date range it’ll land on this time? 🤔
One week on, same thought. No change for me last Friday...will it change today? This week has been more active than the previous so who knows what will happen! If anything happens, guess it won't be still about 3pm ish.

Last edited: