Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hi all,

Anyone from lex salary sacrifice end -- my lr - white outside - black inside - standard wheels --- order place end of June order - got vin number confirmation? Seems some people reporting placing orders and getting cars like in 2-3 months :) called Tesla this morning and got told no vin number means car not on current ships and best would be November end delivery if any.
Cheers

Just noting down what I can/can't see on various account pages and messages (or non-messages) from Tesla:

1. I can't see delivery date/time/location on the App. EDD was missing as well. Seems to stem from delivery location being Staines-Upon-Thames
2. I can see delivery date & time Account page but NOT location. I'm guessing this is also due to the delivery location being Staines-Upon-Thames
3. If I go to the original Tesla Schedule Delivery text link (received Wednesday 24 Aug), I can see all pickup info: delivery date, time & location
4. I do not yet have Final Invoice, just an Order Agreement and two Booking Invoices (all of which were there since order date)
5. I have not yet received Registration & VIN Text. I understand this to come around 7-8 days after hidden VIN so expecting to get it either today or tomorrow. This will hopefully trigger a Final Invoice and then I will do a test payment, confirm insurance quote, etc.

I think that's about it. Interested to see what other people have.
I have received my final invoice in last 12 hours or so. No text with reg yet.

Final invoice states payment due 3 days after final invoice issued...I can ignore that right?!

Reactions: QuanTim
Morning all,

Long-time lurker, first time poster. I proudly ordered an MY LR with black interior yesterday and I'm informed I am now a member of the prestigious MSM club. Looking forward to delivery whenever it happens; I was originally expecting Jan-Mar but already the EDD is updated to Nov-Jan!
Prestigious #TeamMSM..... the fairest of all the paint jobs :D

Final invoice states payment due 3 days after final invoice issued...I can ignore that right?!
Give the TA a buzz on the chat box and confirm. I’ve only done my test payment and have no invoice yet, final vin or reg. TA told me that I should expect reg and vin in a text soon and that my plan to settle the deposit 17 days in advance is more than enough time for them to get all done at their side.

Reactions: Andenan
Hi all,

Anyone from lex salary sacrifice end -- my lr - white outside - black inside - standard wheels --- order place end of June order - got vin number confirmation? Seems some people reporting placing orders and getting cars like in 2-3 months :) called Tesla this morning and got told no vin number means car not on current ships and best would be November end delivery if any.
Cheers
Yes, lex salary sacrifice here too, I ordered mid June, was originally told EDD October (which seemed overlay ambitious to me), checked with them this morning and it's now expected December.

Finally had the push back to 04/11-29/12 from 05/09-25/09, for an early June order that always seemed a bit unrealistic.
Things may well change Smong.

I am sure there will be others like myself trading in a 2021 M3LR for an MYLR but who have yet to have our final trade-in valuation confirmed as it is over 30 days until Sept 30th (when I am due to collect in Manchester). Tesla's last offer was fine but trade-in values have now have declined substantially according to various people who have posted online. You may find that some people will cancel their MYLR order and retain their M3s rather than taking a substantial monetary hit.

Things may well change Smong.

I am sure there will be others like myself trading in a 2021 M3LR for an MYLR but who have yet to have our final trade-in valuation confirmed as it is over 30 days until Sept 30th (when I am due to collect in Manchester). Tesla's last offer was fine but trade-in values have now have declined substantially according to various people who have posted online. You may find that some people will cancel their MYLR order and retain their M3s rather than taking a substantial monetary hit.
To be fair, Q4 is what I was expecting when I found the order date was early-mid June (company car but being purchased directly by the company rather than a lease).
Any sooner would be perfect for me as the 220d coupe I’ve been issued with in the meantime is a hateful machine and worse than useless when you have 2 young children!

Hello

I was passing by a Tesla SC and thought I'd enquire about delivery times. The person I spoke to said that orders from June were now being fulfilled. He also said that cancellations were being made available to waiting customers even if there were differences in specification.

Whilst there I saw a new Model Y and did a quick inspection. I was pleasantly surprised to see the addition of what appeared to be quite a sturdy parcel shelf. This wasn't there when I test drove the 2021 model.

Ordered: 2022 MYLR : Black / Black / 19" Wheels / 15th July / EDD: Nov 22 - Jan 12 (was Sept 24-30)

We financed ours through a 3rd party and our invoice also said payment within 3 days. I saw some of the messages between Tesla and the 3rd party finance company and Tesla were saying payment was due 7 days before collection. Jump onto a chat with a TA to double check.

Give the TA a buzz on the chat box and confirm. I’ve only done my test payment and have no invoice yet, final vin or reg. TA told me that I should expect reg and vin in a text soon and that my plan to settle the deposit 17 days in advance is more than enough time for them to get all done at their side.
Thanks. I reached out on the Q2 collection thread and Utumno kindly provided the following advice:

Ensure cleared funds are transferred AT LEAST 7 days before collection. Personally I paid 14 days in advance of collection.

Most send a test amount to the account details to make sure the transfer works and the account is updating - I sent £10 and saved the payee. The account balance updates in a few hours on Tesla’s website.

If you’re worried about “losing” the car, don’t be.

You can send in as many transactions as you like and be aware most banks limit the daily amount you can transfer using Online banking, so if you are paying £50k in cash, you’ll need to remember to break that down into 5 days of £10k a day, depending on your own transfer limits obviously

Reactions: SparksTheory
Hello

I was passing by a Tesla SC and thought I'd enquire about delivery times. The person I spoke to said that orders from June were now being fulfilled. He also said that cancellations were being made available to waiting customers even if there were differences in specification.

Whilst there I saw a new Model Y and did a quick inspection. I was pleasantly surprised to see the addition of what appeared to be quite a sturdy parcel shelf. This wasn't there when I test drove the 2021 model.

Ordered: 2022 MYLR : Black / Black / 19" Wheels / 15th July / EDD: Nov 22 - Jan 12 (was Sept 24-30)
I know this doesn't really mean much but my installer for TWC said he was aware of people getting their cars sooner than expected and with features they didn't order. It would be nice but I've now convinced myself my EDD of mid November at earliest will be accurate.

They had a MSM / Black / 20s in the Chelmsford showroom when we did our test drive. It looked absolutely incredible under the lights in full showroom condition. Easy choice :cool:
Prestigious #TeamMSM..... the fairest of all the paint jobs :D

#Exclusive #Refined #Prestigious - although I wanted blue and got vetoed! 🤪

Ditto on the blue and veto!

All regrettable losses for #TeamBlue, but collectively we are stronger than any one individual (or several!)
It’s not for me to suggest that grey is 2nd choice. 😜

They had Blue/Black/20s in the Leeds SC when I went for the test drive and that is the spec I ordered. Up until then I thought I was going to order MSM 🤣

Only 3.5 weeks to go!

Spoke to a TA at Tesla over chat just now, decided that Shane is the new Emma (very helpful)

He confirmed that payment 2 weeks before collection is absolutely fine, he said the three day wording on the final invoice is poor, reason it says that is around people cancelling and delaying payment last minute causing delays to orders and assured me nothing is going to happen after 3 days of a final invoice generation.

Apparently they hold back the VIN until they’ve got the reg allocated and both parts are correct before issuing to the customer to prevent any admin errors but apparently shouldn’t be much longer for myself (picking up 27th)

Overall best experience with a TA so far :)

Reactions: Andenan
Awesome, your car will eventually disappear from your app signalling that ALD have taken over, you will be added as a driver when you take delivery and Tesla confirm same to ALD ( you’ll need to ring ALD to get added though). That’s what they told me . My advice would be to ring them to confirm next steps.
It’s happened and I don’t like it! 😂