Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got a text update from Tesla re MY home delivery booked for Sep 27th. Anyone else been asked about an identity check?
449D7A4B-5D51-4AFF-B296-B8E57F886134.jpeg

Spoke to a TA at Tesla over chat just now, decided that Shane is the new Emma (very helpful)

He confirmed that payment 2 weeks before collection is absolutely fine, he said the three day wording on the final invoice is poor, reason it says that is around people cancelling and delaying payment last minute causing delays to orders and assured me nothing is going to happen after 3 days of a final invoice generation.

Apparently they hold back the VIN until they’ve got the reg allocated and both parts are correct before issuing to the customer to prevent any admin errors but apparently shouldn’t be much longer for myself (picking up 27th)

Overall best experience with a TA so far :)
I agree Shane is very helpful indeed.

All regrettable losses for #TeamBlue, but collectively we are stronger than any one individual (or several!)
It’s not for me to suggest that grey is 2nd choice. 😜

They had Blue/Black/20s in the Leeds SC when I went for the test drive and that is the spec I ordered. Up until then I thought I was going to order MSM 🤣

Only 3.5 weeks to go!
Same spec as me Blue/Black/20…I’m a Q4 hopeful unless someone with the same spec cancels 👀 😂

You still have to be very careful as scammers can spoof numbers to make calls / texts look like they’ve originated from genuine sources.
Well that’s true. I’d call them/message them either way.
If it is from a different number, I’d think it’s likely a phishing attempt (and they should know). If it’s from the same number as usual, I’d still ask, as this sounds unusual to all of us.

Reactions: MikeyM and Markee68
Just noting down what I can/can't see on various account pages and messages (or non-messages) from Tesla:

1. I can't see delivery date/time/location on the App. EDD was missing as well. Seems to stem from delivery location being Staines-Upon-Thames
2. I can see delivery date & time Account page but NOT location. I'm guessing this is also due to the delivery location being Staines-Upon-Thames
3. If I go to the original Tesla Schedule Delivery text link (received Wednesday 24 Aug), I can see all pickup info: delivery date, time & location
4. I do not yet have Final Invoice, just an Order Agreement and two Booking Invoices (all of which were there since order date)
5. I have not yet received Registration & VIN Text. I understand this to come around 7-8 days after hidden VIN so expecting to get it either today or tomorrow. This will hopefully trigger a Final Invoice and then I will do a test payment, confirm insurance quote, etc.

I think that's about it. Interested to see what other people have.
I got my hidden vin on the 23/08. The page updated immediately to say ‘please pay off oustanding balance before delivery etc’. I got a text the next day inviting me to schedule delivery (which I have done for 22/9). On my account appeared the pre-contract agreement and lending agreement for me to read through. I received my VIN text and registration text in the same message yesterday (29/08). I fully paid the outstanding balance yesterday so now it just says ‘Prepare for Delivery’. Delivery location set to Bluewater since the beginning. All details showing on the app and website. Still awaiting invoice though. Good luck bud!

They had a MSM / Black / 20s in the Chelmsford showroom when we did our test drive. It looked absolutely incredible under the lights in full showroom condition. Easy choice :cool:
When I test drove at Chelmsford in April that exact model was sitting there and first reaction was I honestly thought it was some other exclusive concept model it looked so good. But I decided I couldn’t go greyish again. Need our blue Y to stand out a bit more in our local car parks and to brighten up the street!

When I test drove at Chelmsford in April that exact model was sitting there and first reaction was I honestly thought it was some other exclusive concept model it looked so good. But I decided I couldn’t go greyish again. Need our blue Y to stand out a bit more in our local car parks and to brighten up the street!

Looks like we all eye'd up that grey one! I test drove the white one with the 19's and nearly went for MSM and 20's due to that exact car!

Reactions: WKUK
ALD have taken my car and it's now removed from the app. :(

So long little black car, I'll miss refreshing you hourly.

I believe I will need to call ALD post collection to be added to the app, or will it happen once Tesla confirm delivery? I don't fancy using the key cards for very long.