Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What's the power to weigh ratio do we know? Probably makes a difference.
At the risk of drifting further off-topic...

Back of an envelope calculation:
MYLR weighs 1979 kg -> 256 bhp/tonne.
M3LR weighs 1830 kg -> 267 bhp/tonne.

Doesn't seem like it should be enough to account for the 0.6 seconds difference to 60mph, but I'm no expert in these things!

Reactions: QuanTim
507bhp is, I believe the power output with the Acceleration boost enabled. The Performance shows 527 bhp.
I'm positive these figures are completely wrong, there's no way a model Y LR is 507bhp.

I was under the impression the LR was about 335 without acceleration boost and 385 with, the below looks similar.

Rated Motor Power.jpg

Last edited:
HI All,

Currently expecting delivery of a Model Y LR with 19s Early 2023 (Pushed back to tie in with the return of my current Wrangler JLU). Can anyone confirm what tyres the MYLR on 19's are shipped with? I found a post on here suggesting Hankook Ventus, but have been told Octopus energy (My car is through a work EV scheme) it will come with All seasons (my preference).

Morning all,

Long-time lurker, first time poster. I proudly ordered an MY LR with black interior yesterday and I'm informed I am now a member of the prestigious MSM club. Looking forward to delivery whenever it happens; I was originally expecting Jan-Mar but already the EDD is updated to Nov-Jan!
I ordered mine on 9th Aug through LexAutolease (salary sacrifice) and was initially told Jan-Mar for delivery, however after seeing your message I called Tesla and they told me it's now highly likely that it will be delivered in Nov-Dec this year! I hope that's the case :p

Would be interesting to know from other people that have ordered during August what is your estimated delivery time currently?

Hi all,

Anyone from lex salary sacrifice end -- my lr - white outside - black inside - standard wheels --- order place end of June order - got vin number confirmation? Seems some people reporting placing orders and getting cars like in 2-3 months :) called Tesla this morning and got told no vin number means car not on current ships and best would be November end delivery if any.
Cheers
Interesting that they are able to deliver in 2-3 months! Is it because that they are prioritising company car orders? I ordered mine through lexAutolease at the beginning of August and initial view was Jan-Mar'23. Today I was told that is highly likely that it will be delivered by Nov-Dec'22!

I ordered mine on 9th Aug through LexAutolease (salary sacrifice) and was initially told Jan-Mar for delivery, however after seeing your message I called Tesla and they told me it's now highly likely that it will be delivered in Nov-Dec this year! I hope that's the case :p

Would be interesting to know from other people that have ordered during August what is your estimated delivery time currently?
Interesting! Good to know, thank you. As you're leasing, do you see the car listed in the Tesla account pages on their site? If so, what does that report?

Interesting! Good to know, thank you. As you're leasing, do you see the car listed in the Tesla account pages on their site? If so, what does that report?
Unfortunately not - Tesla told me that because I am leasing the car, it will not be visible on my tesla account until after delivery....so I am relying on calling them or chatting to them through the chat to get any news about my order. I received a text directly from Tesla 2 days after my order was placed by LexAutolease with my RN number and was told that the next update will come again directly from Tesla via text to notify me of the delivery appointment.

Unfortunately not - Tesla told me that because I am leasing the car, it will not be visible on my tesla account until after delivery....so I am relying on calling them or chatting to them through the chat to get any news about my order. I received a text directly from Tesla 2 days after my order was placed by LexAutolease with my RN number and was told that the next update will come again directly from Tesla via text to notify me of the delivery appointment.
Same here. And some wild guess how some people gets cars in 1 months or less - but seems key is to be located close to dealer/collection point and not home delivery which all lex orders are. Mind your spec defines waiting time. Seems black/white colours and standard black interior gets out quicker....

I'm positive these figures are completely wrong, there's no way a model Y LR is 507bhp.
The AB is said to add about 50 bhp and improve acceleration from 4.8 to 4.2 seconds. The figures online are all over the place. My SQ5 had 340bhp (although it does have over boost for a short time to about 360bhp). That did 60 in a claimed 5.1 secs. It was about 5.5 secs. Weight is similar, so the Y has more power and torque.

How the figures work with electric cars compared to ICE I don’t know, but there will be losses due to heat and friction. The comparison between BHP and acceleration is difficult, but torque is pretty much linear so an increase in acceleration of about 10% will follow with an increase in torque of a similar amount. You can work it out theoretically (BHP = KW x 1369).

The problem is the figures online are all over the place! That comes up with a BHP of about 380 ish (which makes sense). AB taking it up to about 430…

The AB is said to add about 50 bhp and improve acceleration from 4.8 to 4.2 seconds. The figures online are all over the place. My SQ5 had 340bhp (although it does have over boost for a short time to about 360bhp). That did 60 in a claimed 5.1 secs. It was about 5.5 secs. Weight is similar, so the Y has more power and torque.

How the figures work with electric cars compared to ICE I don’t know, but there will be losses due to heat and friction. The comparison between BHP and acceleration is difficult, but torque is pretty much linear so an increase in acceleration of about 10% will follow with an increase in torque of a similar amount. You can work it out theoretically (BHP = KW x 1369).

The problem is the figures online are all over the place! That comes up with a BHP of about 380 ish (which makes sense). AB taking it up to about 430…
I've seen those sorts of figures mentioned too, 385 and 435, they would definitely make more sense to me.

Interesting about delivery, I ordered MYLR white 19’s tow hitch and black interior in Mid July, the original delivery was early 2023 but I am collecting tomorrow!

Presumably I have a cancellation, I live not far from Southampton and I see an earlier post mentions being close to a delivery centre.
Lucky bugger

Interesting about delivery, I ordered MYLR white 19’s tow hitch and black interior in Mid July, the original delivery was early 2023 but I am collecting tomorrow!

Presumably I have a cancellation, I live not far from Southampton and I see an earlier post mentions being close to a delivery centre.
That is one way to get the majority of the members on here to hate you with a vengeance 🤣

Well done, that does sound like a cancellation. How close to Southampton are you?

• Funny
Reactions: _Dave_

Congratulations makesure you tell us all about it in the Q3 thread as you're one of the first I've got another 10 days yet 🤦‍♂️

Reactions: QuanTim

I had my V5 come through yesterday. FWIW on the V5 it says "Max. net power (kW) 378". 378kW is approx 507hp. A few years ago I had a car about the same weight, same 0-60 and that had 411bhp. The Model Y feels much, much quicker when accelerating, whether it's just the way the power is delivered I don't know, but it's like it seemingly at any speed. It's awesome.