Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With alot of us with cars on Sunrise, Any views on the emergency budget now being discussed at the posponed date of the 21st September, given there may be a Gordon Brown style cut in the general/main VAT rate ? and the possible sizeable discount an a new large purchase? ;)
Just in case I've not paid the last few thousand off the invoice. More than any reasonable VAT rate cut could cover. However I'm not sure about keeping it that way until the 21st given that my collection date is the 23rd.

If the VAT rate is cut on the 21st anyone who has collected their car before is simply out of luck. Depending on how it's announced (immediate: cut after a specific date) there may be a lot of people pushing collection so the transaction date falls after. If the rate cut is for anything other than energy. And now that the energy package is announced I don't see them adding to that with a VAT cut.

Reactions: ElsDee
So this was weird, I got an email this morning saying congratulations on ordering, even though I ordered July, I replied saying thanks, then I got a phone call again saying congrats for ordering then he asked if I would be in a position to take early delivery? I said my current EDD is Nov/Dec but I am ready to go at any time? I wonder if this will mean I am in line for a cancellation?

Reactions: SteelmanMFC
So this was weird, I got an email this morning saying congratulations on ordering, even though I ordered July, I replied saying thanks, then I got a phone call again saying congrats for ordering then he asked if I would be in a position to take early delivery? I said my current EDD is Nov/Dec but I am ready to go at any time? I wonder if this will mean I am in line for a cancellation?
Good news! Who did you order with?

Just in case I've not paid the last few thousand off the invoice. More than any reasonable VAT rate cut could cover. However I'm not sure about keeping it that way until the 21st given that my collection date is the 23rd.

If the VAT rate is cut on the 21st anyone who has collected their car before is simply out of luck. Depending on how it's announced (immediate: cut after a specific date) there may be a lot of people pushing collection so the transaction date falls after. If the rate cut is for anything other than energy. And now that the energy package is announced I don't see them adding to that with a VAT cut.
VAT is calculated based on the invoice date, so unless you can persuade Tesla to reissue your invoice, I'm afraid you're out of luck

Reactions: Utumno
If the VAT rate is cut on the 21st anyone who has collected their car before is simply out of luck. Depending on how it's announced (immediate: cut after a specific date) there may be a lot of people pushing collection so the transaction date falls after.
I think it’s unlikely for a vat cut to anything other than energy. A wider cut would need time for business to implement so likely wouldn’t be immediate. And we’re trying to hold down inflation.

I reckon if it did happen and you try to push collection they would bump you to the next quarter (if not cancel the order).
If there was a 2.5% vat cut I’d still save that in fuel over 3 months.
So I think plenty of people would offer to collect - the list price has gone up £3k since most of us ordered.

Reactions: _Dave_
Just got this text from Tesla after having to reaccept my PCP contact last week:

Tesla Update - Your pre-delivery tasks are now complete. Download the Tesla app at ts.la/app to see your expected delivery date. We'll invite you to schedule your collection once your Model Y is nearly here. Need help? Reply here.

As expected absolutely nothing has changed in the app or on my account. Same (delayed) dates, and no hidden VIN.

I'm convinced they're watching these forums!

Managed to get my reg on the phone with Tesla, collection date all booked. :)

Just waiting for the updated trade-in valuation for the Model 3, it's taking ages for some reason.

Anyone else having slow trade-in offers show up in their account?
My trade-in offer finally showed up. After texting Tesla back on the number they use to let me know about delivery date etc.

Really surprised, the offer was far more than WBAC, motorway and other third parties.

Just waiting for the final invoice to clear the balance. Then on to collection in just over two weeks.

Excitement building!

Insurance story time. Feel free to scroll past this post!

Got a comparison quote for £695. Hastings direct were the cheapest and I’ve ultimately gone with them. When you add windscreen cover and courtesy car it becomes £730.

Call them up to add registration number and at that point the quote becomes £770 with the ‘missing details added’. FFS.

Bizarrely they offer 3 levels of cover and the premium cover includes breakdown which I don’t need, but was £2 cheaper than the mid-level cover.

I feel robbed and relieved at the same time. Maybe it’s just the feeling of money leaving my wallet…

Edit to say: my current insurer wanted £1500 to change car and then tried to charge me £50 to cancel (which I argued over and got reduced). Thieves the lot of them!

Getting ready for insurance changes as I'm going to trade-in with Tesla. Was already with Admiral, so simply switching car details. After putting in the standard info and paying the relatively small increase, I wondered about insurance on the day as I expected that to come up.

Checked Admirals FAQ and they have this interesting point (only viewable in signed in FAQ):

"As long as you’ve told us about the new vehicle and date for cover to start you will be covered in your old vehicle until you step into your new vehicle and start the engine the day of the changeover. This can be any time on the date you've said you are changing the car."

So does this mean I am never insured? There is no engine to start... /s

Ignore me... just finding humour in this long, stressful process. And I'm surrounded by three bags of accessories, an incessant need to check the Q3 delivery thread and matchbox Model Y.