Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wiring large sums of money to an "unconfirmed" bank account feels like something Tesla should not be putting its customers through at this point in their existance

I had to clear about 5 fraud safety warnings and waivers from my bank setting them up. Silliness

Reactions: Sparky750
24 hours to go. Not excited at all, honest!

Snap, I'm in the 24 hours to go window too. Although have not had any communication for a while, so no idea about timings etc Still have a nagging feeling it will all be delayed :confused:.

Not sure about you guys, but I have to say the events of the last 10 days have helped to make the time go (or at least provided something else to get distracted by!)

After delivery I look forward to graduating properly into some other threads, but this one will always have a special place in my heart :) 👍

Has anyone else had this problem?

My Model Y is due for collection on the 30th of September.

I made a bank transfer on the 10th of September as a test payment. This has never appeared on my Tesla account.

All the bank details are correct. My order ref nuumber was correct. My bank confirms the payment has gone to Citibank.

I have been speakingto Tesla both on the phone and on email who kept saying "give it 24 hours".

Then on Thursday the 15th of September Tesla told me Citibank are doing complaince checks on the payment so this is why it hasn't been put on your account yet.

Whole situation is completely bizarre, never had anything like this when making a simple bank transfer. Payment still not on my account today and Tesla are saying wait until Wednesday now for an update due to the bank holiday weekend.

At this rate I'll have to delay the pick up date of the new car which isn't ideal as I have agreed to sell my old car on the 29th of September so will be carless.

Anyone had a payment delayed due to Citibank doing compliance checks?

Snap, I'm in the 24 hours to go window too. Although have not had any communication for a while, so no idea about timings etc Still have a nagging feeling it will all be delayed :confused:.

Not sure about you guys, but I have to say the events of the last 10 days have helped to make the time go (or at least provided something else to get distracted by!)

After delivery I look forward to graduating properly into some other threads, but this one will always have a special place in my heart :) 👍

Nothing here for a fair while either apart from a 'Your Model Y is nearly here' text over a week or so ago. I'm hoping to get a text at some point this afternoon with a tracking link or times or anything but also share your fear about being bumped due to delays (or even damage etc!).

I think it's been soo mad recently that time has gone quicker than normal, even with Truss coming in and the energy price announcements too there has been more to lose yourself in. It's still felt like an eternity though! I'm not sure I'll sleep tonight!

Not looking too good on the Berlin ramp up, or general German manufacturing:

TechCrunch: Vote to expand Tesla’s Berlin gigafactory delayed indefinitely.
there an ongoing gas/energy issue in Germany. and half of the steel furnaces are shutting down end of this month, for Europe. not sure where tesla source their steel from. but imagine it will impact the car industry.

IMAGE OF EUROPEAN SHUTDOWNS

Regarding bank troubles, weirdly in spite of my predictions HSBC transferred the money across no problems to Tesla. Historically I've had loads of trouble with them in the UK to the point they once completely unprompted sent me £100 as an apology for messing me around.

I got an easily dismissible warning they couldn't verify the recipient whenever I wanted to make a transfer, but it all went across no issues and showed up within about 30 minutes when Tesla was normally processing.

Car was fully paid for on Monday, so now the wait is on for collection.

Reactions: Sparky750

I made a bank transfer on the 10th of September as a test payment. This has never appeared on my Tesla account.

All the bank details are correct. My order ref nuumber was correct. My bank confirms the payment has gone to Citibank.

I have been speakingto Tesla both on the phone and on email who kept saying "give it 24 hours".

Then on Thursday the 15th of September Tesla told me Citibank are doing complaince checks on the payment so this is why it hasn't been put on your account yet.

Whole situation is completely bizarre, never had anything like this when making a simple bank transfer. Payment still not on my account today and Tesla are saying wait until Wednesday now for an update due to the bank holiday weekend.

At this rate I'll have to delay the pick up date of the new car which isn't ideal as I have agreed to sell my old car on the 29th of September so will be carless.

My test and subsequent payments went through fine. My bank did provide a warning before transferring the test payment to make sure I was ok with unverified account but it was credited within an hour or so. I then followed this up with 3 more payments which went through with no hesitation, and credited around 2 hours later, as my payee was now “someone I knew”. I hope you get this matter resolved soon.

I hope it gets sorted because I doubt tesla will delay collection when it's arranged for the 30th. Despite it not being your fault, I wouldn't be surprised if Tesla simply allocate the car to someone else that can get them the money, and collect before the end of the quarter.

Nothing here for a fair while either apart from a 'Your Model Y is nearly here' text over a week or so ago. I'm hoping to get a text at some point this afternoon with a tracking link or times or anything but also share your fear about being bumped due to delays (or even damage etc!).

I think it's been soo mad recently that time has gone quicker than normal, even with Truss coming in and the energy price announcements too there has been more to lose yourself in. It's still felt like an eternity though! I'm not sure I'll sleep tonight!
Like you I had only had a text a week or so back, but ......... just got my text from We Deliver Cars. 2pm-6pm. Arrgghhh why couldn't it be the morning slot!? Super impatient now. ;-)

Like you I had only had a text a week or so back, but ......... just got my text from We Deliver Cars. 2pm-6pm. Arrgghhh why couldn't it be the morning slot!? Super impatient now. ;-)

Well, you're ahead of me, no text here yet! Wish I hadn't read this now, it doesn't do my worrying mind any good, haha 🤣

Hope it's the earlier end of that scale for you and it's not getting dark when it arrives!

Just got the 'Tesla Reminder - Your Model Y is scheduled for delivery on 21/09/2022. Deliveries take place between 8 AM and the end of the day. You will receive contact from our carrier once your car is on the way.' text... did you get that first or just a text from we deliver cars? Maybe they're using someone different for mine and I'll only hear in the morning. Who knows!

I am confused about what is going on with delivery / collection.

I was due to get the car delivered on 21st September.

On Wed 14/09 I received a text to say delivery is delayed because of the State funeral and that I could collect between 27/09 and 29/09. I called in and rearranged to collect my car from Glasgow on 27/09.

This morning I have received a text to say my car is due for delivery tomorrow between 9am and 1pm.

Phoned Tesla and their customer services don’t know what’s happening. They need to speak with their internal delivery team to find out what is happening. I should then get a call back at some point.

For a seemingly high tech company, their business processes are utterly useless!

Just got the 'Tesla Reminder - Your Model Y is scheduled for delivery on 21/09/2022. Deliveries take place between 8 AM and the end of the day. You will receive contact from our carrier once your car is on the way.' text... did you get that first or just a text from we deliver cars? Maybe they're using someone different for mine and I'll only hear in the morning. Who knows!
Oddly I got that more generic "Tesla reminder" text after my more specific one from the carrier. So it just seems that one is automatic. Fingers crossed you get your carrier one shortly.

Reactions: Fezza
I am confused about what is going on with delivery / collection.

I was due to get the car delivered on 21st September.

On Wed 14/09 I received a text to say delivery is delayed because of the State funeral and that I could collect between 27/09 and 29/09. I called in and rearranged to collect my car from Glasgow on 27/09.

This morning I have received a text to say my car is due for delivery tomorrow between 9am and 1pm.

Phoned Tesla and their customer services don’t know what’s happening. They need to speak with their internal delivery team to find out what is happening. I should then get a call back at some point.

For a seemingly high tech company, their business processes are utterly useless!

Here's hoping you do get your car tomorrow 👍, and that the envisaged delays to logistics were not as bad as Tesla had feared.

But agree that either way its a bit useless in terms of getting actual information, and very confusing if the information you get is conflicting.

Reactions: Mr J