Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nothing received here either and picking up Thursday. I text them and they said they're working on it apparently. Fingers crossed.
My text query was answered - it said Depending on finance method any necessary tasks will be issued before collecting and if nothing is received then all must be ok and there’s nothing to do! Stated also that the collection bods only check ID for finance (driving licence presumably) and get the new owner to sign that she/he car has collected and no other tasks are done at collection point. I still assume pcp needs an e signature as it’s in my pre-contract paperwork collection and that I will get something soon to do this but nothing received yet.

Reactions: Benotomy
My text query was answered - it said Depending on finance method any necessary tasks will be issued before collecting and if nothing is received then all must be ok and there’s nothing to do! Stated also that the collection bods only check ID for finance (driving licence presumably) and get the new owner to sign that she/he car has collected and no other tasks are done at collection point. I still assume pcp needs an e signature as it’s in my pre-contract paperwork collection and that I will get something soon to do this but nothing received yet.
I just got the eSign so all good here, thanks for your info. Tesla Loan collecting Thursday.

That’s a relief - hopefully mine comes through tomorrow. I use Gmail - did it go through to your spam? Good luck with collection!
It didn't come through as spam, but it sure did look like it. Unknown sender, no mention of Tesla, ambiguous subject ("please sign your TFS agreement")... only thing that was consistent was the RN number in the subject.

But by now we all know our RNs off by heart now ;)

Just sold my X5 via motorway for over the reserve, but when I spoke to the buyer they said he couldn’t wait until the end of next week and to cancel via motorway and then phone him nearer the time. Seems a bit dodge as he’s clearly cutting out the middleman, but not sure if Motorway offer any buyer protection anyway (seems like they are trying to be the air b&b for car sales).

Not sure if I should just re-list next week or contact him direct…
Guy contacted me on Sunday about collecting this week. Phoned him today and he said it may not be till Sunday (will bank transfers go though on Sundays?). I have also asked for his company details but he hasn’t sent anything. I sent another text saying I need to sell it this week and if that won’t work I’ll re-list.

I know they are all “used car salesmen” but just doesn’t seem right, and would like to avoid another week of stress and just sell to someone else quickly if possible. Guess I may get a lower price, but not guarantee he’d have paid in full anyway…

Guy contacted me on Sunday about collecting this week. Phoned him today and he said it may not be till Sunday (will bank transfers go though on Sundays?). I have also asked for his company details but he hasn’t sent anything. I sent another text saying I need to sell it this week and if that won’t work I’ll re-list.

I know they are all “used car salesmen” but just doesn’t seem right, and would like to avoid another week of stress and just sell to someone else quickly if possible. Guess I may get a lower price, but not guarantee he’d have paid in full anyway…
I used WBAC Last Sunday and whilst I thought when I had a firm offer on the table that there was a chance I could get more with motorway etc, in the end I took it to be able to move on with no baggage and the deal was fair enough. Even allowing for the “free” 4 day money transfer, the funds cleared and allowed me to settle my Tesla bill on Friday which was 12 days before my pick up (next Wednesday). There’s no right way to do it and I’d say it’s worth trying one of the instant guys and having that as a 2nd option where you remain in control of accepting or not. Best wishes and hope you get it sold soon.

I've only been stewing for hours today that I hadn't had it 🤣 I'm sooo not going to sleep tonight! Hope your delivery goes well, looking forward to seeing your pictures tomorrow. The rollercoaster may finally be coming to an end🤞
Thanks, and ditto re: sleep.

Depending where you are in the county, you may see my MY before I do. From what I have seen and read here and elsewhere, they often delivery on a low loader with another on a trailer. If so, this is the important bit - don't dilly-dally chatting to Wayne about how Tesla build quality has come on leaps and bounds, and how solar plus batteries plus EVs are the future. . Just let him do his job so that he can get on his way to another lucky customer. Don't you both know how impatient my 8 year old is to see the new member of the family!!!! :D

• Funny
Reactions: QuanTim and Fezza
Thanks, and ditto re: sleep.

Depending where you are in the county, you may see my MY before I do. From what I have seen and read here and elsewhere, they often delivery on a low loader with another on a trailer. If so, this is the important bit - don't dilly-dally chatting to Wayne about how Tesla build quality has come on leaps and bounds, and how solar plus batteries plus EVs are the future. . Just let him do his job so that he can get on his way to another lucky customer. Don't you both know how impatient my 8 year old is to see the new member of the family!!!! :D

If there's a blue, black with 19's on it then I'll ensure to have a sit in it and take lots of pics for you while I hold him up 🤣

Jokes aside, if they've got two on there then I'll be shooing them off as soon as I can so the next excited person gets theirs sooner! Never mind your 8 year old, I FEEL like an 8 year old on Christmas Eve at present 🤣 My two kids can't wait either and even the wife has designs on regularly borrowing it (we'll see on that one!) :)

Oh, I'm in Suffolk too so not beyond the realms of possibility but probably a bit far ;)

I got the esign on the 13th and signed it immediately. I was called on Thursday asking why I haven’t signed it yet and now received a text saying I have to sign it immediately or tesla will take action. I keep telling them I’ve already done it and the link just shows Thank you now so I don’t know what else to do