Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Fact is, a lot of people are getting trade in values today. Tesla wouldn’t provide this without knowing if a ship wasn’t coming.

The EDD’s are not shifting from November. We all know EDD’s aren’t gospel but they are a “good” indication something is happening

Viking Queen was the promising ship but some details are a little off on that one. (We will know in a day or so)

Alternatively, a WuWa video will showcase all the details for us… anyone else refreshing their feed to see if it drops? *sweats nervously

We will certainly know within the next few days (maybe Tuesday - Wednesday) if a ship is coming to the UK. There are still some ships on the coast of Shanghai which are appealing.
EDD 18th Nov - 3rd December but still had nothing from Tesla re: my trade in. I was told on the phone I would hear something around three weeks before delivery date so guess that means I have nothing to worry about….yet! Also, I’m financing externally from Tesla and cannot do that until I’m within 30 days of my collection date. All a bit stressful!

Reactions: Lord Farquad
EDD 18th Nov - 3rd December but still had nothing from Tesla re: my trade in. I was told on the phone I would hear something around three weeks before delivery date so guess that means I have nothing to worry about….yet! Also, I’m financing externally from Tesla and cannot do that until I’m within 30 days of my collection date. All a bit stressful!
Yeah I can understand it’s majorly stressful, it’s one reason why I just stuck with the Tesla loan option rather than seeking externally. Logistically it can get mental.
Back at TBD for the delivery!!!
seriously the EDD are driving me crazy
Just a heads up. Last quarter (Q3) people had EDD’s changed to TBD and shortly after it had changed to end of September and then a VIN was assigned.

Not telling you that’s going to happen, but it doesn’t necessarily mean it’s a bad thing either

So I just spoke to Tesla regarding my trade in offer and told them that I am in America now until 04 Nov, EDD 21 Oct - 05 Nov. I asked if I needed to make arrangements to fly back early and they said that they are expecting deliveries to begin mid/end of Nov and not to change my plans. They said the EDD may update shortly.

Based on this, I assume the shipping thread is correct about RHD Tesla building up at the port shortly to be loaded on a UK bound ship.

D4F198DD-EDAE-45FB-AD2C-8D8C44ACB860.png

New orders back to Nov-Dec

Checked this afternoon and it's jumped to January 05 - March 01

@Lord Farquad any change to yours? I know we had similar orders.

Ultimately it doesn't matter because the estimate will bounce around and I suspect it will fall back into Q4 in a few weeks.
Not yet 😬

As far as I can see only my tow bar option differentiates us….

Reactions: ROTA
Not yet 😬

As far as I can see only my tow bar option differentiates us….
On the topic of the tow bar. Isn't this something they add when it arrives in the delivery country? I mention this because tow bars can be attached or detached by Tesla the same way they can apply FSD or take it away. Adding a tow bar to a car at the factory before it's assigned to the customer wouldn't really make sense for Tesla - I could be completely wrong though.

I guess the question is - are the tow bars added in the factory or locally in the delivery country? If it's the latter then the tow bar option shouldn't really have a weight on EDD.

On the topic of the tow bar. Isn't this something they add when it arrives in the delivery country? I mention this because tow bars can be attached or detached by Tesla the same way they can apply FSD or take it away. Adding a tow bar to a car at the factory before it's assigned to the customer wouldn't really make sense for Tesla - I could be completely wrong though.

I guess the question is - are the tow bars added in the factory or locally in the delivery country? If it's the latter then the tow bar option shouldn't really have a weight on EDD.
You’d better hope they’re factory fit. Tesla have been unable to complete the fitment of the official towbar in our Q2 Y because of body control modules that control the towbar electrics not being fitted at the factory…..and the part is still on back order since early July.

Q2 owners could opt for a factory fit towbar, and had to order it separately.

Like many others my EDD has changed to Jan-March 2023.

Hoping it changes back - but could be an indication of more shipping issues…
I don't think there are any new shipping issues - from what we can see they're just struggling to get ships and instead are having to piggyback on other charters.

From the Wu Wa videos, we can see a bunch of Model Y's set for UK delivery (marked with a green slip on the dash) being moved to the dockside now after Viking Queen's departure. Hopefully, this means the next ship to dock at Shanghai South will be for the UK rather than another RHD market.

Reactions: shishiss

I do think there is a hardware difference, with the attachment and electrics being added at the factory. They can retrofit these parts in country at service centres, but it’s a few hours work. So tow bar factory option is a build differentiation.

I don't think there are any new shipping issues - from what we can see they're just struggling to get ships and instead are having to piggyback on other charters.

From the Wu Wa videos, we can see a bunch of Model Y's set for UK delivery (marked with a green slip on the dash) being moved to the dockside now after Viking Queen's departure. Hopefully, this means the next ship to dock at Shanghai South will be for the UK rather than another RHD market.
All very true - but could they move to Australia?

I think I remember seeing that the green paper on the dash are meant for UK. But not sure why a bunch of us have moved to Q1 next year

Hopefully we will see a change in a week or so. Might need to gear up for a December delivery

All very true - but could they move to Australia?

I think I remember seeing that the green paper on the dash are meant for UK. But not sure why a bunch of us have moved to Q1 next year

Hopefully we will see a change in a week or so. Might need to gear up for a December delivery
Could be that we've all been pushed to Q1 because to match the previous EDD the cars should have departed Shanghai already. Doesn't mean it won't be Q4 but just means it'll be later than expected.

We're approaching the point where November won't be very realistic anymore.