Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone else think it’s strange that on the Tesla website you can order a MY RWD today with and EED of Nov-Dec 22 but all the MY AWD are at least Jan - Mar 23. That would suggest there isn’t a shipping issue surely? Technically the MY AWD backlog should be cleared first and have priority shipping. I’ve seen people who ordered a MY RWD only a few days ago get a vin. It’s crazy! I’d love to know how they make their decisions and who taught them queue etiquette 🤣.
My thoughts as well. Can't be solely a shipping issue. I find it strange that Tesla is prioritising production and shipments of RWD cars. Surely the margins must be better on AWD cars. Supply chain issues affecting this decision perhaps?

Anyone else think it’s strange that on the Tesla website you can order a MY RWD today with and EED of Nov-Dec 22 but all the MY AWD are at least Jan - Mar 23. That would suggest there isn’t a shipping issue surely? Technically the MY AWD backlog should be cleared first and have priority shipping. I’ve seen people who ordered a MY RWD only a few days ago get a vin. It’s crazy! I’d love to know how they make their decisions and who taught them queue etiquette 🤣.
I think queue etiquette is a very British thing. This thread is only missing the accompanying “after you, no after you” posts and we’re there 😂

got my vin what does it reveal.
if anything !
tia

LRWYHCEK9PC548###
1666432362696.png

Bit of a change of topic, but it appears some cars in the US with 2023 VINs might come with USS and some not - so it looks like there could be a cross-over period for 2023 cars. Out of interest, I haven't received a message in my account to accept a non USS equipped car, and I have a low 542000 number VIN assigned:- LRWYHCEK1PC542XXX

Anyone else had to accept a USS notice with a VIN close to mine?

Update: Having looked back through the forums, it appears 2022 cars were being assigned up to high 530000's, so my VIN would sit into the early 2023 bracket, and potentially be USS equipped - just a guess, but we shall see if I get a non-uss acceptance notice in the next few days to debunk that theory.

Last edited:
Reactions: ROTA
Thanks very much for replying.

Identical spec to mine, but I am a month later order date.
I take it you don't have a vin hidden in the source ?
when the chap from tesla phoned I asked him if my car had parking sensors and he said yes it did have sensors .but im not holding my breath as its a 2023 model and the left hand doesn't seem to know what the right is doing at tesla 🙉😂

I take it you don't have a vin hidden in the source ?
when the chap from tesla phoned I asked him if my car had parking sensors and he said yes it did have sensors .but im not holding my breath as its a 2023 model and the left hand doesn't seem to know what the right is doing at tesla 🙉😂
No hidden VIN lurking in the source ( checking every 30 mins 🤣).

Was hoping that we would see more VINs today given that RCC Amsterdam has cleared Taiwan.

Fairly normal. Just make sure they honour the interest % of the time you placed the order.
Thanks! Yep, they
Fairly normal. Just make sure they honour the interest % of the time you placed the order.
Thanks! Yep, they did honour the initially agreed rates.

However, now they are requesting me to complete the deposit payment - I thought this is a bit strange considering I have not been assigned a car (or VIN). Not sure if I should wait until I am assigned a VIN to complete payment, (OR on the contrary, will my car delivery be delayed if I do not complete the payment now 🤔).

Thanks! Yep, they

Thanks! Yep, they did honour the initially agreed rates.

However, now they are requesting me to complete the deposit payment - I thought this is a bit strange considering I have not been assigned a car (or VIN). Not sure if I should wait until I am assigned a VIN to complete payment, (OR on the contrary, will my car delivery be delayed if I do not complete the payment now 🤔).
The rule is usually to pay about 7-10 days before delivery.

It won’t delay your delivery at all.
For reference: they are also wanting payment from me but I haven’t paid anything yet.

Until I get assigned a car and confirm delivery I will think about sending them the money.

No need to worry, common practice for most people on the forum

Reactions: Lord Farquad