Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y UK Delivery

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
its real after a long wait, ordered 5th of June pick up Glasgow
20221101_182846.jpg

Last edited:
It didn't seem all that long ago that anything popping up in inventory would be gone within minutes. Is a RWD Y such an unpopular choice or is this down to the current financial landscape? The PCP apr is still 5.9% which compares favourably with other manufacturers who are already hiking their rates in the double digits.
I just don’t think enough people know about MYRWD. As Tesla don’t advertise and the UK press are yet to road test it, it’s not on peoples radar.
Once they sell a few and word goes out, I’m sure they’ll be as big a seller as the M3RWD.
I see the white LR got snapped up. The Red ones a bit pricey.

I’m wondering if RCC Europe is mainly filled with MY RWDs which is why we haven’t seen a ‘Vin Shower’. The majority of those waiting for one probably won’t be on these forums and the fact there are lots available in the Tesla inventory suggests that lots have been loaded on ships without owners. Potentially they had a production run of a certain amount regardless of the actual orders placed. Great for people who want one. Kick in the teeth for MY AWD purchasers waiting for theirs.

Reactions: CAMYBL and BladNort
I’m wondering if RCC Europe is mainly filled with MY RWDs which is why we haven’t seen a ‘Vin Shower’. The majority of those waiting for one probably won’t be on these forums and the fact there are lots available in the Tesla inventory suggests that lots have been loaded on ships without owners. Potentially they had a production run of a certain amount regardless of the actual orders placed. Great for people who want one. Kick in the teeth for MY AWD purchasers waiting for theirs.
That's exactly how Tesla operate. Make a load of cars - match them to orders, not the other way round. Though must say first I've heard of new stock potentially lying about the country with these RWD's on Telegram

I've just had another look at this, there wasn't a 12k price drop in Ireland, it was the introduction of the RWD model which is cheaper than LR everywhere due to a smaller battery and only one motor. We had the same in the UK.

It has nothing to do with the EU and 10% import duty.
Nope. The LR AWD was €73k since early this year, then the RWD became availabe for €65k early last month. The ranger who was with me a few days before gave me the heads up on it funnily enough. He also predicted it would get the SEAI grant, but he got that wrong. Initially. Until Friday 14th October 2022 when the price dropped to €53k overnight.

Just had a chat with Tesla, still December EDD but this time they mentioned by account was showing as pending not complete so I need to give the lease company a poke tomorrow to make sure everything is in order.
They told me exactly the same thing, I got my RN number from Tesla on 17th June, bit worrying as they said it was odd to be showing as 'pending' and the company I ordered through said exactly the same thing. Just waiting for them to get it resolved and hopefully confirm it's not delayed my order. What did your lease company say?