Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast Waiting Room (April 2021 Orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received an unsolicited email from my SA. Happy he's being proactive -- sounds like though it may be a few more days till I see anything. I knew this almost from the get-go but it really does seem like the Fremont "bullseye" is true and most Bay Area folks will be receiving their car in the last week.

Screen Shot 2021-06-21 at 10.42.52 AM.png

Received an unsolicited email from my SA. Happy he's being proactive -- sounds like though it may be a few more days till I see anything. I knew this almost from the get-go but it really does seem like the Fremont "bullseye" is true and most Bay Area folks will be receiving their car in the last week.

View attachment 675913
Wondering for us SoCal folks if that means we will see VINs and cars this week?! Fingers still crossed LOL !

Found a car matching my build in inventory in Seattle. Placed an order and got a VIN.

Have an email out to my SA re: transferring my order. Maybe just wasted $100 in putting in the order as maybe the order assignment algorithm was going to match me to that car (or another car) anyway, but seems like a small price to pay to hedge against the EDD of September on original order.

Still no VIN on my original MY order - still showing September EDD.
UPDATE: my SA was able to have the VIN transferred to my original MY order.

I’m out the $100 for the new order, but since it’s on my original order, original pricing applies. Not sure why I had to buy a car I had been waiting for from inventory, but ¯\_(ツ)_/¯. I’ll chalk it up to the pleasure of buying a Tesla.

I asked my SA to re-evaluate the trade-in offer for my M3 since the used market is nuts. I have a Carvana offer that is significantly higher than Tesla’s offer, so we’ll see.

Car is still in Fremont, but EDD is now 6/25-29.

View attachment 675913
It all sounds a little frantic!

Reactions: fender4645

View attachment 675913
Not only you Bay area folks, me too down here in San Diego County. I was told on Friday, " I can confirm that you can anticipate a pick up within the last week of June."

It all sounds a little frantic!
It really does. And I know this is pretty much par for the course (i.e. just like previous end of quarters) but you really wonder if they're even close to optimizing revenue + deliveries. My guess is that they're not -- but that once they bring Austin online, a lot this goes away. Both their raw output and deliverability will increase immensely.

Gave up waiting and taking existing inventory from Reno on Friday. I'm paying $500 transit fee to Bay Area despite the initial search saying "no estimated transit fee" but what can you do when you have seconds to grab these existing inventories.
Now what chance in hell do we have for end of quarter incentives to take delivery? I've seen free supercharging, free FSD, maybe this quarter will be a free cookie.