Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast Waiting Room (April 2021 Orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ah man! Wish I could have celebrated with y’all today — was out and about all day and didn’t get a chance to look at the forums.

Got my VIN as well. 217xxx. I’m somewhat tempering my expectations considering this is the second try at giving me a VIN. But also received a message from my SA about an hour ago so hopefully it’s for real this time!
Finally sheesh.

Let us know if the Dublin people say anything about how many they're getting.

Reactions: fender4645
Ah man! Wish I could have celebrated with y’all today — was out and about all day and didn’t get a chance to look at the forums.

Got my VIN as well. 217xxx. I’m somewhat tempering my expectations considering this is the second try at giving me a VIN. But also received a message from my SA about an hour ago so hopefully it’s for real this time!
I was wondering where you were! Yay! You got it too!

On my way to grab some beers with friends this afternoon I ran into some transports unloading new Teslas. This must be the Costa Mesa staging lot (Gillette St in Irvine). There were three transports, 1 empty and these two. The lot was full of various models. Many had lights blinking downloading the latest software. The Irvine parking structure where they make volume deliveries is close by on Main St.

Good luck to Costa Mesa peeps, hope your car is here.

Attachments

• IMG_4484.JPG
    IMG_4484.JPG
    670.3 KB · Views: 54
  • IMG_4485.JPG
    IMG_4485.JPG
    724.4 KB · Views: 35
  • IMG_4482.JPG
    IMG_4482.JPG
    815.3 KB · Views: 27
  • IMG_4483.JPG
    IMG_4483.JPG
    733.4 KB · Views: 30
Has anyone with a VIN and a 6/26-30 delivery called to see where their car is? I have had a VIN for a week and I was told yesterday my LR AWD, red, FSD is still in production. My original delivery date was 6/21-26. Sigh
I just looked back at your post history and see you have a 214xxx VIN. Mine was produced today (according to SA) and it’s a late 217xxx. I’m pretty sure VINs are sequentially produced so I don’t see how a 214 could still be in production. That VIN is still showing on your account?

Reactions: blissdancer
I got my car today!!!!! 🎉 🎉🎉 Updating spreadsheet now.

Total time between getting the VIN and getting my car turned out to be less than 5 hours!! They'd said it would arrive tonight and they'd text when it was close, but the text part didn't happen, I just suddenly heard my daughter shouting "papa, your tesla is in the driveway!!!" and there it was.

The MY is awesome and totally worth the wait. There are no major manufacturing flaws in mine, all doors close properly etc, it's an amazing car. The only small issue I've found so far is, the front passenger seat back rattles a little while I drive, but from what I read a rattle or two is par for the course with Tesla. I'll take it to service later to fix that.

Lastly, thanks everyone in this forum for making this long wait much more bearable! I especially want to give a shout out to @ankit for ordering the same car I did at basically the same time (very cool), and to @elizabeth22 for starting this thread.

Hang in there everyone, it is worth the wait! See you all in the owners forums!

I just looked back at your post history and see you have a 214xxx VIN. Mine was produced today (according to SA) and it’s a late 217xxx. I’m pretty sure VINs are sequentially produced so I don’t see how a 214 could still be in production. That VIN is still showing on your account?
Yes it is still showing on my account. I will call the Tesla Supervisor in charge of my case on her global number tomorrow and ask her about this. Thx