Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast Waiting Room (April 2021 Orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What an awful take. Also you didn't even answer the question.

If I buy something on Amazon I can return it within 30 days. If I want to return a Tesla it's a giant pain in the ass. There's no more 7 day return policy - you're pretty much looking at threatening legal action and getting lawyers involved to claim lemon law.
My thought process was that the odds of getting a car that I would not accept delivery on are super low. Like almost non-existent. Even if there are issues, almost all can be repaired after the fact.

If I buy something on Amazon I can return it within 30 days. If I want to return a Tesla it's a giant pain in the ass. There's no more 7 day return policy - you're pretty much looking at threatening legal action and getting lawyers involved to claim lemon law.
You can still reject delivery after you inspect the car. You need to pay before you drive it either ways. Only difference is if you pay earlier, it can take a few days for tesla to refund your money if you reject.

Reactions: noob_hunter_gu
Just got off the phone with Tesla Marina Del Rey (automatically routed there) and wow, what a better service level! He took the time to look into my account. Apparently I’m soft matched to a vehicle in production with an estimated completion date of June 29. He said it could take up to 2 weeks after that to deliver.
Great, however I would think you would get delivery 6/30 if it comes out of the factory on 6/29. Two weeks is hard to believe.

The paperwork that came with my car shows a date of manufacture of 6/20. I received a call from the DC on 6/20 asking if I wanted home delivery on 6/20. I guess it is possible that the car rolled out of the factory after midnight on 6/20, trucked to So Cal and prepped for delivery on the same day.

Reactions: Emmadiane

Bro people make different decisions. Not sure why you are bagging on those who just make their own decision. If you are curious about reasons thats totally understandable. But if someone gives you their thoughts and you just shut them down because in your mind you think you are right and they are wrong, this isnt the place to do it. I may not know everyone here but one thing for sure is we have all been (mostly lol) patient for our vehicles and are excited to get delivery.

Well, it finally happened. I have a VIN!!! 216XXX
Estimated delivery June 29-30.
No delivery scheduled yet.
Congrats!!

Looking forward to seeing your delivery pictures.

FYI, I have an appointment at OC Tint Shop on Friday for PFF. I opted for the full kit which they quoted at $1,750. Last week mobile service came out and installed the garage door opener. It works great. They also gave me 2 new key cards and let me keep the 2 warped key cards that came with the car as backup.

MYLR Black/Black no tow no FSD, Ordered 4/18 profile completion around 1st week of May, been waiting annnnnd….boom! Just received the “final payment” email an hour ago, got my VIN and EDD 6/29 - 6/30! I suppose they’re doing this in batches now to meet the EOQ rush cuz just saw other folks on this forum getting it too. So excited! Can’t wait!

a couple of questions tho, appreciate any takeaway:

- Tesla insurance vs others? Ive heard some good things about tesla insurance and their roadside assistance, but the quote is slightly higher so I’m just giving it more thoughts

- payment before delivery? Ive read other people wait until they see their car to submit the entire payment. Same concern here but I don’t know if that would cause any delay?

- home charging: still haven’t got my home charger since I didn’t believe that it’ll be here before next quarter. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with installing home charger and any recommended electrician in OC area?

thanks!!!

MYLR Black/Black no tow no FSD, Ordered 4/18 profile completion around 1st week of May, been waiting annnnnd….boom! Just received the “final payment” email an hour ago, got my VIN and EDD 6/29 - 6/30! I suppose they’re doing this in batches now to meet the EOQ rush cuz just saw other folks on this forum getting it too. So excited! Can’t wait!

a couple of questions tho, appreciate any takeaway:

- Tesla insurance vs others? Ive heard some good things about tesla insurance and their roadside assistance, but the quote is slightly higher so I’m just giving it more thoughts

- payment before delivery? Ive read other people wait until they see their car to submit the entire payment. Same concern here but I don’t know if that would cause any delay?

- home charging: still haven’t got my home charger since I didn’t believe that it’ll be here before next quarter. Just wondering if anyone has any experience with installing home charger and any recommended electrician in OC area?

thanks!!!
Congrats!!! #teamblack!!

I got my charger done by A-EV Installs. Paid $425 for a 40 amp. Quick, responsive, and professional. Took them 30-45 to install.

[email protected]

Congrats!!

Looking forward to seeing your delivery pictures.

FYI, I have an appointment at OC Tint Shop on Friday for PFF. I opted for the full kit which they quoted at $1,750. Last week mobile service came out and installed the garage door opener. It works great. They also gave me 2 new key cards and let me keep the 2 warped key cards that came with the car as backup.
Exciting! Are you doing any tinting on the front/windshield?
I'll definitely post pics... would feel a lot better about all of this if an MVPA would show up.