Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast Waiting Room (April 2021 Orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
#teamblack!!!
B23184FD-1944-4082-BF1B-6DCBDC82E5E4.jpeg

Delivery this morning just past 9AM and even though the driver kinda didn’t know where he was going, it was so amazing to be able to finally see it sitting at my driveway!!

no major issues, one small misalignment, that’s it. A couple of scratches on the paint but I doubt that service center would do anything about that? Do you all do PPFs or just leave it like that?

also AC was leaking quite an amount of water for just 15-20 mins in the car.

but overall I’m happy and I’m ready to take her out for a ride after work!

It’s arrived!! Yay!
Haven’t had a chance to look for any flaws/imperfections yet as my kids wanted to go for a drive ASAP and it got dark out; but it looks beautiful! Even better than I imagined!
After a looonnnggg and frustrating road, so glad it’s over!
Hoping for quick VINs & cars for all those without.

Attachments

• C4D3B305-1634-402C-8795-569649E94ABE.jpeg
    C4D3B305-1634-402C-8795-569649E94ABE.jpeg
    985 KB · Views: 49
Y’all won’t believe this. So I ordered my white model Y on 4/20. I called today to find out a accurate delivery date since my account changed everyday… they tell me it’s now looking like august maybe. They lady proceeds to tell me, “if you want, we have your same model Y in black and you can get it next week.” I loved the black too so I decided to go with it.
I get a call a minute ago and they ask me “can we bring the car to your house in the middle of the night tonight? Just make the payment online and mail back the paperwork.” 🤯 today went from no car for another month to it being delivered in my driveway… They are not playing with this end of Q2 lol!

Y’all won’t believe this. So I ordered my white model Y on 4/20. I called today to find out a accurate delivery date since my account changed everyday… they tell me it’s now looking like august maybe. They lady proceeds to tell me, “if you want, we have your same model Y in black and you can get it next week.” I loved the black too so I decided to go with it.
I get a call a minute ago and they ask me “can we bring the car to your house in the middle of the night tonight? Just make the payment online and mail back the paperwork.” 🤯 today went from no car for another month to it being delivered in my driveway… They are not playing with this end of Q2 lol!
Congrats!

It's funny how variable the experience is depending on who you talk to. After calling a SC and learning that my 4/6 order is tentatively scheduled for August, I mentioned that I'd be willing to maybe take a couple different colors or options if it would mean getting my car faster. The person's response? "Well, yes you can do that, but you have to watch the site like a hawk as inventory cars tend to go fast. And you'll have to pay the current price unless it's an exact match to your existing order". So basically no acknowledgement of how far off their "June at the latest" prediction was, no offer of help in finding me a car.

Finally I got the car today around 7:30-8pm PST. No notification at all. Just got the accept delivery button on my account. Looked outside the window and didn't see the car. Called the Colma center and they told me which intersection the car is parked near to. I live in an apartment and it was parked nearby. Did a very high level inspection. Have very minor flaws I think. I will upload few pics to get the opinion of the experts on this forum. Got the front mudflaps installed. Since this is my first tesla, I am quite overwhelmed with the controls. Drove it round the block nervously :)

Very pleased that tesla was able to deliver after today mornings scare!

Congrats!

It's funny how variable the experience is depending on who you talk to. After calling a SC and learning that my 4/6 order is tentatively scheduled for August, I mentioned that I'd be willing to maybe take a couple different colors or options if it would mean getting my car faster. The person's response? "Well, yes you can do that, but you have to watch the site like a hawk as inventory cars tend to go fast. And you'll have to pay the current price unless it's an exact match to your existing order". So basically no acknowledgement of how far off their "June at the latest" prediction was, no offer of help in finding me a car.
Hey there! I totally understand that feeling… I’ve had horrible help from my local Tesla. So I called a different one and they helped me so much! Idk where u are located but here is the number of the location I called in San Juan Capistrano, CA. I believe Angela helped me : +1 (949) 347-6820 ext. 77806

After a long wait and a lot of bad communication, my car was delivered in Q2 haha. Literally 11:25pm it arrived in my driveway and they made sure I accepted delivery before July by calling my cell at 11:30pm and waiting on the phone until I hit the blue button. Everything looks ok except the rear passenger door is not aligned well. Submitted a service request for 7/7.

I lost a lot of my excitement on delivery just because it was so late (I have a newborn and toddler and was tired) and because of the poor communication in the days leading up to delivery (vin changed, date changed from monday to Tuesday to Wednesday with calls from Dublin delivery center asking to deliver on Tuesday, then a call saying oops never mind, then Wednesday 9-6pm on website EDD and call at 8pm to expect the delivery, and finally 11:30pm delivered).
Hope I can enjoy the car now.

Attachments

• 80EA68CC-6B29-46A5-9E73-3D004FDD089B.jpeg
    80EA68CC-6B29-46A5-9E73-3D004FDD089B.jpeg
    332.5 KB · Views: 38
Seems like a lot of people wanting white ext not being delivered, with even fewer white/white cars not being delivered. :( I ordered my white/white on 5/31. Looks like I'm going to wait quite a bit. Of course, when I ordered, they pressured me to get it in fast as there were a couple more slots for end of June delivery but they were going fast. :rolleyes:

Reactions: JustYNot
Seems like a lot of people wanting white ext not being delivered, with even fewer white/white cars not being delivered. :( I ordered my white/white on 5/31. Looks like I'm going to wait quite a bit. Of course, when I ordered, they pressured me to get it in fast as there were a couple more slots for end of June delivery but they were going fast. :rolleyes:
Yeah that seems to be the case. I called my SA yesterday and told her I don't even care what color the car is anymore. I ordered white but I'll take anything at this point. I already sold my car like a dummy lol. She said she would put me on "priority" with management