Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast Waiting Room (April 2021 Orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Looks like this thread is getting less popular -- is that because most people get their cars or they just give up checking?
Unfortunately, likely just feeling super bummed ☹️ like me. If I had known how Tesla lies I never would have invested. Not just a $100 in, I purchased the wall connector and had an electrician install it. Purchased all weather mats as well. Errr....I would have waited for the many EV options coming out next year such as the Ford F-150 EV. Tesla SUCKS!!!

Unfortunately, likely just feeling super bummed ☹️ like me. If I had known how Tesla lies I never would have invested. Not just a $100 in, I purchased the wall connector and had an electrician install it. Purchased all weather mats as well. Errr....I would have waited for the many EV options coming out next year such as the Ford F-150 EV. Tesla SUCKS!!!

I agree. When I completed my profile, I waited til the end of May then started buying all the accessories when EDD held strong for June 10 to June 23. Ie. Floor mats, front ppf, side ppf, chargers, installation of charger, screen protector, front license plate, etc. I'm already $2k in and the car isn't even here yet. Starting to regret this MY purchase. If nothing by end of July I might start selling the stuff I order cuz I can't return them anymore.

Reactions: sunshine3200
+1. Wish the legacy car manufacturers could catch up and give Tesla some really competition. Monopoly almost always translates to higher price and bad customer support.

Agree - I’m at 60 days no VIN and my SA and SC won’t even pick up the phone. If I can’t get the car by end of this month, I’m done

Agree - I’m at 60 days no VIN and my SA and SC won’t even pick up the phone. If I can’t get the car by end of this month, I’m done
I’m about 65 days in picking up from Fremont. Called my service advisor yesterday and he gave me an email for the service center. Which I emailed 2 weeks prior, no reply. I feel like they’re selling so many vehicles they can give a damn about the people inquiring about their order

Reactions: sunshine3200
If anyone waiting on delivery in the LA area would like to buy my new, un-opened Model Y "Starter Kit", I'm selling a bundle containing the following:
  1. Wall Connector (18' cable) - $500
  2. Model 3/Y Automatic Garage Opener (HomeLink) - $325
  3. Model Y Paint Protection Film - $50
All-in, these were $875 (plus tax), but I'm selling for $700 as a bundle. When factoring in tax, this is over a $250 off the retail cost. Plus, the paint protection film is out of stock online right now and is a nice option to have on your new car day one. Again, everything is un-opened (especially important for the HomeLink product) as I decided on another vehicle. My loss = your gain!

I'm in Pasadena and you'd have to come pick up. I'm not a weirdo.
I’ll take the PPF film off your hands if you do end up breaking the bundle 👍🏼

It looks like any EDD with a range larger than 5 days is just an estimate, because the car has not been put into production yet. That's why the dates just keep getting pushed out whenever it gets close. Based on the posts I read here, my impression is that it only takes 2~3 days to complete production. So we should only have hope when we see EDD range shrinks to less than a week.