Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast waiting room (June 2021 orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was sitting on an 11 day window 9/19-9/30 for 2 weeks! Then it moved to 10/1-10/21 uggghhh. No change this morning. How the heck do you go from an 11 day window back to a 20 day window? Thought I was getting close. OD 6/26
Same! Haha maybe we'll end up with the 2022 build if we get ours in October?

I was sitting on an 11 day window 9/19-9/30 for 2 weeks! Then it moved to 10/1-10/21 uggghhh. No change this morning. How the heck do you go from an 11 day window back to a 20 day window? Thought I was getting close. OD 6/26
I’ve always thought that an EDD window that is short and ends on QE (Quarter End) is a bad sign. They are trying to squeeze you in. Which is great, but a maybe at best. 😥

Reactions: MarjLa388
@Elprofessor When did you place your order and what colors/options? I ordered a MYP, White on white, with tow, but no FSD, on 8/28; and have had the same 9/14-9/30 EDD since the day after placing the order. Also, Renton WA SC delivery.
I talked to an SA yesterday and they said all the LR owners flipping to the MYP is causing a backlog for new MYP orders. Not sure how many are upgrading but anecdotally I see quite a few between here and on Reddit. Hopefully, you get yours soon.

I’ve always thought that an EDD window that is short and ends on QE (Quarter End) is a bad sign. They are trying to squeeze you in. Which is great, but a maybe at best. 😥
That’s why I joined this forum… to learn about these “trends”. It all ends up being horse *sugar* tho LOL. The only thing that seems consistent is that MYP has the shortest wait 😭. it does look like 90-120 days is average. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️

Reactions: Sherwood_John
That’s why I joined this forum… to learn about these “trends”. It all ends up being horse *sugar* tho LOL. The only thing that seems consistent is that MYP has the shortest wait 😭. it does look like 90-120 days is average. 🤷🏻‍♀️🤷🏻‍♀️
Interesting that we have the same EDD and I have an order date of 6/3, both located on the west coast. Wondering if Tesla is holding off on the left coast for an end of quarter push.

It does seem like west coast activity recently is nearly non existent. Having said that, still no EDD range change here....
I think there has been low activity in east coast too, I've been popping in their thread here and there and..pretty much the same complaint being pushed out to October.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: jebinc
It does seem like west coast activity recently is nearly non existent. Having said that, still no EDD range change here....
When is the so called push gonna happen??!!! I want mine before October. I already missed out on trading my vehicle because apparently Honda/Acura won’t allow third parties to take over leases. I have to submit my lease and will be without a car unless I get my MY in time. 😩 I don’t want to reapply for financing either. Is it true that it expires after 60 days?

When is the so called push gonna happen??!!! I want mine before October. I already missed out on trading my vehicle because apparently Honda/Acura won’t allow third parties to take over leases. I have to submit my lease and will be without a car unless I get my MY in time. 😩 I don’t want to reapply for financing either. Is it true that it expires after 60 days?
It does expires after 60 days. Luckily, I got my financing through my own credit union and was able to resubmit my application before it expired without running another credit check. I want my car before October too, I am currently borrowing a car in the meantime..(gas guzzler)

It does expires after 60 days. Luckily, I got my financing through my own credit union and was able to resubmit my application before it expired without running another credit check. I want my car before October too, I am currently borrowing a car in the meantime..(gas guzzler)
We have almost the exact same specs (except the wheels). Also my EDD is just a day later 10/2 - 10/22!

Do they notify you if you need to reapply? Or is there any indicator in your account that says to reapply? I don’t want there to be any other reason for delay.

Do they notify you if you need to reapply? Or is there any indicator in your account that says to reapply? I don’t want there to be any other reason for delay.
I did not get a notification, I just remember my application would expired on 8/30. I called my credit union on 8/27 and I was told I could resubmit the application without going through another credit check. It's valid for another 60 days, but if I don't get my car by Oct. 27. They will run another credit check as the credit was pulled in June and they can't extend it another time without pulling.