Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Model Y West Coast waiting room (June 2021 orders)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ahh.. Almost snag my exact build minus the tires I have 20" but man..I saw it pop up and tried to buy and it went away.......hitting the refresh button every second to see if it popped back up for a good 15 minutes. NOPE.

Reactions: jebinc

43B5C5F0-77AC-48BC-B981-CCCA6D75C90B.png

I’ve always thought that an EDD window that is short and ends on QE (Quarter End) is a bad sign. They are trying to squeeze you in. Which is great, but a maybe at best. 😥
Can you elaborate on this? I am currently sitting in said situation of tiny window at EOQ3. Sounds like receipt of my car by end of the month could be a pipe dream…

Can you elaborate on this? I am currently sitting in said situation of tiny window at EOQ3. Sounds like receipt of my car by end of the month could be a pipe dream…
I saw your OD and EDD and something doesn’t look right. Did you have financing expire or a Trade in expire? You EDD and OD don’t match up. I mean this is Tesla and not everything is linear, but something seems fishy. 😢

I think especially if you are in CA and have an EDD against the very end of the quarter it means they will try and squeeze you in (if they have a build that matches that others cannot take). They won’t ship out of state the last week they will all be fairly local deliveries. Not to say their won’t be delivery’s on the east coast at the end of the quarter, but they won’t be loading up trains (takes too long to close the delivery process).

These are all my guesses based on my 7 months of observations in this forum.

I saw your OD and EDD and something doesn’t look right. Did you have financing expire or a Trade in expire? You EDD and OD don’t match up. I mean this is Tesla and not everything is linear, but something seems fishy. 😢

I think especially if you are in CA and have an EDD against the very end of the quarter it means they will try and squeeze you in (if they have a build that matches that others cannot take). They won’t ship out of state the last week they will all be fairly local deliveries. Not to say their won’t be delivery’s on the east coast at the end of the quarter, but they won’t be loading up trains (takes too long to close the delivery process).

What do you mean the dates don’t look right? I should update my signature.
My OD was 5/8 also but I completed my profile and financing on 6/26 because I was in escrow. I’ve been going off of profile completion date based on what I see in the forum.

My trade in has expired 3-4 times since ordering and my financing has once, but I’ve always resubmitted mileage and other requested info and accepted their crappy offers very quickly upon being able to do so. I was just told by my SA yesterday that expired/resubmitted trade ins and financing don’t affect my spot in line, but I feel like maybe they do. It seems like I keep getting passed up even though my order date is earlier than others getting VINs and deliveries. It could also be the SC (Vallejo, CA) that I’m taking delivery from. Someone on the West Coast May order forum mentioned the other day that the Vallejo SC had no cars on the lot, so that tells me they haven’t gotten any large shipments of vehicles recently. Discouraged, but holding out hope for EOQ push because of my order/completion timeline 🤞🏻

What do you mean the dates don’t look right? I should update my signature.
My OD was 5/8 also but I completed my profile and financing on 6/26 because I was in escrow. I’ve been going off of profile completion date based on what I see in the forum.
Exactly. Order date means nothing. Its all based off of Profile Completion date. My order date of 2/14 is really irrelevant. When I see an order/profile date of 5/08 and delivery some 120 days later as a "maybe" (narrow Edd window at the very end of the quarter) to me something just doesn’t look right. I could be wrong but I’m going off averages.

Reactions: MarjLa388
Exactly. Order date means nothing. Its all based off of Profile Completion date. My order date of 2/14 is really irrelevant. When I see an order/profile date of 5/08 and delivery some 120 days later as a "maybe" (narrow Edd window at the very end of the quarter) to me something just doesn’t look right. I could be wrong but I’m going off averages.
I completed my profile in the month of May although I don’t recall the exact date (my service center couldn’t or wouldn’t tell me either - I believe I completed within 2 weeks of order date though). So it’s not like I just completed it months after “order date” in early May. Maybe I’m just unlucky 🤷🏻‍♀️

Last edited:

They are definitely not linear, already saw two ppl with a 10 days later OD/profile date but is having a 10 days EDD advantage over me, not the exact same build but quite similar.

What soft match date are they telling you? I'm afraid to ask my SA in case it's actually later than the website's EDD, whether or not it's accurate.
I was told I will get a VIN assigned week of 9/20 with delivery within that same week. No soft build. I was also told...I was on a "priority list" if someone can't take their order that matches/similar to my build.

Reactions: witchy
What soft match date are they telling you? I'm afraid to ask my SA in case it's actually later than the website's EDD, whether or not it's accurate.
Website EDD shows 10/22 but SA says I should expect delivery by end of Sept. Last month the website EDD showed December and she told me to expect delivery end of August but that didn’t happen. I feel like Tesla is telling employees to lie to customers to string them along to prevent order cancellations.

Reactions: witchy