Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More anti-ev gibberish

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My take, which I'm not going to waste on Jalopnik; Tesla already has sold out into next year. They have no reason to promote the car to boost sales. Not yet, anyway. So why waste perfectly good production cars on the automotive press when word of mouth is good enough. Get the cars in the hands of their customers first. Do something small with the press because they have to. And worry about full test drives with the automotive press when production is ramped up and they've got the resources to allow it.

But to Jalopnik's sour grapes; perhaps Tesla should alter their response to point out that their customers are their first priority. When they can, they will offer full test drives, but not now. And, regarding Dan Neil, ask Jalopnik to produce their Pulitzer Prize.

My take, which I'm not going to waste on Jalopnik; Tesla already has sold out into next year. They have no reason to promote the car to boost sales. Not yet, anyway. So why waste perfectly good production cars on the automotive press when word of mouth is good enough. Get the cars in the hands of their customers first. Do something small with the press because they have to. And worry about full test drives with the automotive press when production is ramped up and they've got the resources to allow it.

But to Jalopnik's sour grapes; perhaps Tesla should alter their response to point out that their customers are their first priority. When they can, they will offer full test drives, but not now. And, regarding Dan Neil, ask Jalopnik to produce their Pulitzer Prize.

I did waste my time making that point in the comments because it's a good point.

It's like he is desperate. I love how he says he blogs about sustainability. No he doesn't, he blogs about how much he hates Tesla.

Also, he is only counting Tesla's direct affect (5,000 this year 20,000 next). He should also give them some credit for GM, Toyota, and Daimler EV sales; not to mention credit for changing the public's opinion of EVs.

I found this particular blog of his to be really sad and even felt sorry for him, a bit. A very narrow view of the world ... using his reasoning, no one should ever do anything out of the norm, because that effort will mean nothing. And anyone who does do something out of the norm is a fool.

I have noticed an increase in his 'if Tesla succeeds, I'll be the first to congratulate' comments. He may be slowly realizing he's been wrong, just not quite ready to say it.

I have noticed an increase in his 'if Tesla succeeds, I'll be the first to congratulate' comments. He may be slowly realizing he's been wrong, just not quite ready to say it.

I think the guy is playing a fools game, giving shorts some meat while buying as much TSLA until the squeeze.

I'm saying that because nobody can be so dumb, disconnected. I don't think he's an idiot.

With some time to waste I decided to see who is tweeting links to this article and I must say it has been entertaining. Some links link to website that don't exist, questionable companies/enterprises/products. Some actually seem to be connected to actual people.

Call me paranoid, but it would appear that either Mr. Peterson has an (negative) interest in the well being of Tesla or he's just distracting from the great performance of Axion stock. :scared:;-)

https://twitter.com/#!/search/realtime/http%3A%2F%2Fwww.altenergystocks.com%2Farchives%2F2012%2F06%2Ftesla_motors_automaker_or_graphic_novel.html

If Tesla does succeed, I'll be the first to shove it down his throat.

Seriously though, I wonder what he would define as success though. My experience with people like this tells me that they will just keep raising the bar. I'd like to see him lay out his criteria for changing his mind.

From the article:
JohnPetersen said:
"...I enjoy making fun of electric car advocates who believe that companies like Tesla Motors (TSLA) and its iconic CEO Elon Musk will change the world with ambitious plans to make 5,000 prohibitively expensive toys this year and 20,000 next year if they can find enough buyers..."

Guess you might call that 'taking the gloves off'.

I saw a Yahoo headline and thought for a second that it was Peterson!
You won't believe who this movie star is

Peterson:
big_pic.png

Ben Stiller in makeup:
stiller_uni.jpg