Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm not convinced any more getting a VIN means much. I've had a VIN for a week and nobody at tesla can even give me a delivery window. And that VIN could vanish tomorrow because it's not official yet anyway.
Here's another extract from my email exchange today...

"Having had a quick glance at your order I can see you haven’t yet been assigned a VIN number."

So they can definitely look to see if you have had a car allocated.

I’ve had two final invoices two credit notes and now have my third vin in source with no defined delivery window other than the text we mostly all received last week.

I’d love to really understand this process. There’s literally no pattern as the variables relating to specs shipped dictate everything.

I’ve had two final invoices two credit notes and now have my third vin in source with no defined delivery window other than the text we mostly all received last week.

I’d love to really understand this process. There’s literally no pattern as the variables relating to specs shipped dictate everything.
Didn't you receive a delivery Text: estimated 12/8 and 25/8, then a further estimate of Delivery 13 - 20 August?

Here is the process as explained to me today from a senior manager for Tesla UK and Ireland (email extracts)...

"Having had a quick glance at your order I can see you haven’t yet been assigned a VIN number....

...Once these vessels depart one by one, they will then be ‘matched’ to owners across the UK who will then receive an alert via SMS or email.

... we do not have a ‘build plan’ for how these have been created ... I am not able to advise you at which point your car will set sail or which vessel it will be on...

...With regards to your availability, we are able to adjust the appointment by 7 days so this does normally work out okay... Anything outside of that we would assess on a case by case basis....

...Of course if there is anything to advise in the meantime we are now running a batch SMS update system which is proving very effective and enables us to reach out to many customers at once."

This is about as much of an "official" explanation of the process I have received and comes from someone quite senior rather than some of the other staff who seem to make things up and alter their explanations from one call/email to the next. Looks like you are in good shape, just sounds like you have been shouting into the abyss like most of the rest of us.

• Informative
Reactions: Roy W.
Actually, I bet upgrading well bump you up the queue. If you look at the order spreadhseet only the P+ with no reservations were delivered. It would make sense that SR+ are at the back of the queue unless you had a reservation.
I agree- Tesla are under pressure to show a good cash flow by the end of September to the AWD LR is more profitable for them.. I would be surprised if it delayed you, more as Yet says it might bump you up! Fair point about work and collections.. although you will have 3 days notice it seems and it could be a Saturday?

I got the same info today when speaking to them... so there’s at least some consistency around!!

I am considering upgrading from an SR+ to LR AWD but after a 2 month wait so far and likely 3 month as it stands, I don’t think I can stomach going to the back of the queue (again).

I also wanted to change my DC from Birmingham to Heathrow as it appears that you’re more likely to get quicker delivery there. Birmingham appear to be having a small turnover in comparison. However, when factoring in the likelihood that my delivery slot will appear at anytime in September (who knows?) - I won’t be able to get out of work at the drop of a hat - especially having just of had 6 weeks off!

Tesla are under pressure to show a good cash flow by the end of September to the AWD LR is more profitable for them.. I would be surprised if it delayed you, more as Yet says it might bump you up! Fair point about work and collections.. although you will have 3 days notice it seems and it could be a Saturday?

Didn't you receive a delivery Text: estimated 12/8 and 25/8, then a further estimate of Delivery 13 - 20 August?

Here is the process as explained to me today from a senior manager for Tesla UK and Ireland (email extracts)...

"Having had a quick glance at your order I can see you haven’t yet been assigned a VIN number....

...Once these vessels depart one by one, they will then be ‘matched’ to owners across the UK who will then receive an alert via SMS or email.

... we do not have a ‘build plan’ for how these have been created ... I am not able to advise you at which point your car will set sail or which vessel it will be on...

...With regards to your availability, we are able to adjust the appointment by 7 days so this does normally work out okay... Anything outside of that we would assess on a case by case basis....

...Of course if there is anything to advise in the meantime we are now running a batch SMS update system which is proving very effective and enables us to reach out to many customers at once."

This is about as much of an "official" explanation of the process I have received and comes from someone quite senior rather than some of the other staff who seem to make things up and alter their explanations from one call/email to the next. Looks like you are in good shape, just sounds like you have been shouting into the abyss like most of the rest of us.

Yes I received the text with the delivery window of 07.08 / 20.08 but since then I’ve received a credit note and a new much higher vin so it naturally makes you question the delivery window previously provided.

Of course this new vin could effectively be an imminent delivery but it’s a higher number, I’ve not received anything more specific for delivery than the initial text and I’ve not received a third final invoice with the Vin number 3.

I agree- Tesla are under pressure to show a good cash flow by the end of September to the AWD LR is more profitable for them.. I would be surprised if it delayed you, more as Yet says it might bump you up! Fair point about work and collections.. although you will have 3 days notice it seems and it could be a Saturday?

I’m certainly leaning very much towards pulling that trigger tomorrow! I’ll see if I can get anywhere on the “hold line”

Reactions: Roy W.
Had nothing other than a "we are working hard to get you your Tesla" text from Tesla. Every time I ring them the delivery goes back 4 weeks. Called in June told July, called in July told August, called August told September. Time to stop calling I think.
Starting to regret choosing the LRAWD + red + 19" + black interior + AP combination as it seems this combination is unique to me.
Reserved June 2017 ordered on 1st May and never changed my configuration. Keep checking source code for VIN which has never been found.
Disappointing - yes, worth the wait - I am sure it will be in the end.

Reactions: Roy W. and RjbT3
I’m certainly leaning very much towards pulling that trigger tomorrow! I’ll see if I can get anywhere on the “hold line”
I changed from SR+ to LRAWD on a Friday and had a vin on the Monday. Prob coincidence. Maybe I got lucky, maybe it was loosing the 19” wheels. Either way Just make sure you are choosing the right car for your needs. That’s why I changed. It will be here soon!

Reactions: AMC7 and Roy W.
Tesla are under pressure to show a good cash flow by the end of September to the AWD LR is more profitable for them.. I would be surprised if it delayed you, more as Yet says it might bump you up! Fair point about work and collections.. although you will have 3 days notice it seems and it could be a Saturday?

If they rang me up and told me I could have a car next week if I upgraded to LR they'd have a sale, I know that much...

• Funny
Reactions: AMC7 and Roy W.
And.. just when you think it couldn't get any sillier, this pops up on facebook: "Ordered on 3rd August. Got a hidden VIN today and a delivery window of 10th - 17th September."

FFS Tesla.

That’s just going to get worse - give it a couple weeks and Tesla UK may even have stock of certain configs.

The interesting question is whether they’ll then start ringing around asking people if they want to change orders...

Had nothing other than a "we are working hard to get you your Tesla" text from Tesla. Every time I ring them the delivery goes back 4 weeks. Called in June told July, called in July told August, called August told September. Time to stop calling I think.
Starting to regret choosing the LRAWD + red + 19" + black interior + AP combination as it seems this combination is unique to me.
Reserved June 2017 ordered on 1st May and never changed my configuration. Keep checking source code for VIN which has never been found.

Ha, same here. Told might be late June but more likely July, then August, then September, now am wondering if it will even arrive in October. I haven't seen anyone with the same combination LRAWD + black + 19" + white interior + FSD either buy it is eerily close you yours! Never seen a VIN either.

Reactions: Roy W. and MrBadger
I ordered the same as you 1st may- without FSD. Switched to Aero wheels and got £ back ..but waiting- dod someone say there were 14,000 on the UK waiting list?