Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ha. Distracted! So email received 5 days ago saying no vin. Email received last night with collection date in a few days followed by telephone call today! Advised them i cant make the appointment. They said cars were arriving with no matching customers. Seemed happy to rearrange at my convenience.

No. It sounds like they are telling those customers an't make the delivery date that there are lots of car available and your wait will not be long. We shall see. Those cars that are returned in first 14 days will end up as loaners/test drive cars at the UK stores.

Im out and about at the moment. Hence the half arse initial post. Think it was teslagb delivery team or something like that. The point i was making is things are moving. To go from no vin to a delivery date in less than a week.

Can i ask a question having never bought a new car. The registration. Is it somehow created on the date of collecting the car.?

So a car collected on the 31st August will be 19 plate and one collected on the 1st will be 69 plate ? Regardless of when the original appointment to collect was.

Apologies if that's seems a stupid question. Like I say. First time new car.

Thanks

Im out and about at the moment. Hence the half arse initial post. Think it was teslagb delivery team or something like that. The point i was making is things are moving. To go from no vin to a delivery date in less than a week.

Can i ask a question having never bought a new car. The registration. Is it somehow created on the date of collecting the car.?

So a car collected on the 31st August will be 19 plate and one collected on the 1st will be 69 plate ? Regardless of when the original appointment to collect was.

Apologies if that's seems a stupid question. Like I say. First time new car.

Thanks

Normally it's nothing to do with collection - it's all to do with when they are registered by the manufacturer with DVLA - Collection has nothing to do with the registration - Dealers register cars all the time and they can sit for months without being sold.

Reactions: MrBadger
Normally it's nothing to do with collection - it's all to do with when they are registered by the manufacturer with DVLA - Collection has nothing to do with the registration - Dealers register cars all the time and they can sit for months without being sold.

With you. So by making my collection date in early September i wont necessarily get a 69. It's a little academic for me as 31st would have been difficult anyway so im probably going to ask for the 1st or maybe 3rd. We shall see. Thanks for the reply.

buuuut Tesla are running a 'not quite in time' system and certainly from following the forum it feels like the registration isn't being done until the day or day before pickup...

With you. So by making my collection date in early September i wont necessarily get a 69. It's a little academic for me as 31st would have been difficult anyway so im probably going to ask for the 1st or maybe 3rd. We shall see. Thanks for the reply.

That's my understanding - but I agree with the above poster that I don't see Tesla registering cars weeks in advance of pickup - it does appear to be literally the day before etc.

My original collection date was, I think, the 22nd. So it may or may not have been registered already. If i collect on the 3rd and its a 19 plate I wont be too fussed. Planning on keeping the car indefinitely.

I have an expectation that the hardware (battery in particular) will be just about as good as it gets for quite a few years and should there be any technological leap then Mr Musket would ensure it is compatible with his existing vehicles (in line with his ecological credentials) As for the software this seems to be easily updated.

Car first registration will determine the registration and MOT, car tax in your name, will determine when car tax is to be paid. You cannot tax a car without insurance.

I am not sure if first registration and taxing is one in the same or two separate things?

My last car, was first registered by the garage a few days prior, so when it came to tax, I was second owner even though it had not turned a wheel (4 miles on clock) and had all the factory protection all over it. Got a good discount though... I think they had a 31st Jan sales deadline to meet.

It will be when they register the car with DVLA - nothing to do with when you collect it.
That's my understanding - but I agree with the above poster that I don't see Tesla registering cars weeks in advance of pickup - it does appear to be literally the day before etc.

But it seems like madness not to pre allocate. They must be so disorganised. Put 2000 cars on the vessel and when they arrive in UK register 1800 of them. Match the VIN to the reg. Put them on transporters to the correct SC and be done with it. Surely someone like Tesla have someone in DVLA who can assist with VIN to REG match and processing?
Maybe they want to be geographically specific? Or else all left up to the SC to process the cars upon arrival.
When you reserved your car you did not have to specify the SC - only at order - is that true? If so then reservations may only be prioritised at the SC level. My guess is that Tesla, know that the customer is always prepared to wait, just put cars on transporters and let the SC sort our who gets what.

What did you order and where from? Also were you a reservation holder? I ordered the day before and have had a general call from them today saying to expect final invoice in a week or 2.

no reservation at all. Test drove in Edinburgh on 4th August, ordered 7th, deposit paid and confirmed on the 8th August.
Noticed final invoice in my Tesla account this morning. Delivery date on that quotes 25th September.

Had nothing other than standard emails, no text or calls

Reactions: m3gt2
no reservation at all. Test drove in Edinburgh on 4th August, ordered 7th, deposit paid and confirmed on the 8th August.
Noticed final invoice in my Tesla account this morning. Delivery date on that quotes 25th September.

Had nothing other than standard emails, no text or calls

Fair play, good you've been sorted so quick! Is bonkers how the allocation is working out though!