Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Thanks for the headsup @geneclean55 . I really aren't experienced enough to know whether this is possible or not, although it seems there have been no vehicle carriers out of Philadelphia so i am expecting shipping via container ship (like they've done for all the Aus markets). The dates tie in as I know my vehicle reached Philly on the 24th and was there on the 25th but for all I know it could still be sat there. On the down side, I've still not had anything formal from tesla whatsoever other than a heads up from the store that it was expected soon.

Thanks for the headsup @geneclean55 . I really aren't experienced enough to know whether this is possible or not, although it seems there have been no vehicle carriers out of Philadelphia so i am expecting shipping via container ship (like they've done for all the Aus markets). The dates tie in as I know my vehicle reached Philly on the 24th and was there on the 25th but for all I know it could still be sat there. On the down side, I've still not had anything formal from tesla whatsoever other than a heads up from the store that it was expected soon.
how do you know the dates and locations?

how do you know the dates and locations?

All I know is that the VIN that is in my source code was tagged at Philadelphia docks at that time, I was told in store. I don't know anything since that and don't really want to hassle the staff any more about it so haven't gone back to ask for anything further. BUt I am confident that the information is accurate and we also have seen the reports on social media suggesting there's been a lot of RHD vehicles sent through Philly too.

Reactions: phillcom3
You might have missed the boat on that one (have you watched the news in the last 24 hours?). If you are right though and it's an SR+ any reduction would take it under the luxury car tax as well so would be a double saving.

Yes agreed it would be double savings, however I very much doubt it will happen as this country really isn't a democracy at all! The nation voted to come out of the EU and as such that should happen if you agree with it or not. I won't get into a debate on it but it does my head in, hearing nothing but Brexit everywhere!

All I know is that the VIN that is in my source code was tagged at Philadelphia docks at that time, I was told in store. I don't know anything since that and don't really want to hassle the staff any more about it so haven't gone back to ask for anything further. BUt I am confident that the information is accurate and we also have seen the reports on social media suggesting there's been a lot of RHD vehicles sent through Philly too.

@Stretchquaker followed your lead and asked nicely if anyone knew where my car was - they confirmed in Philadelphia in August, no September refresh on the systems yet, so could be sat in the rain, or on it's way. At least I have some additional peace of mind knowing which sea route to watch.

Now just need a list of every arriving ship to the UK that stopped at Philaport on the way here......

• Informative
Reactions: Stretchquaker
Yes agreed it would be double savings, however I very much doubt it will happen as this country really isn't a democracy at all! The nation voted to come out of the EU and as such that should happen if you agree with it or not. I won't get into a debate on it but it does my head in, hearing nothing but Brexit everywhere!
I wasn't commenting pros and cons of Brexit. Just saying 31st of October is not set in stone and looking less so today than it was a couple of days ago. If you don't want to get into a debate on Brexit I find the best way is not to state your opinion on Brexit :)

As expected, the Lydden is not heading our way - it's off to China.

I wonder how/if/when we can add Philadelphia to UK as a route on the sheet. If Tesla want to boost their quarter, I would imagine that they need to get cars here by 14th for distribution and delivery before end of September. That would mean getting a ship load on the way here ASAP from Philaport.

Pier 122 is the Hyundai Glovis Pier, and would seem logically the right place to load if they have a big contract with them - but no sign of a RO/RO in the last week - so have to assume container shipping. In which case there's a departure per day, that then stops at NY typically before heading here.

I wonder how/if/when we can add Philadelphia to UK as a route on the sheet. If Tesla want to boost their quarter, I would imagine that they need to get cars here by 14th for distribution and delivery before end of September. That would mean getting a ship load on the way here ASAP from Philaport.

Pier 122 is the Hyundai Glovis Pier, and would seem logically the right place to load if they have a big contract with them - but no sign of a RO/RO in the last week - so have to assume container shipping. In which case there's a departure per day, that then stops at NY typically before heading here.
Its also possible that they are combining LHD+RHD loads together on one container ship.
For example, the container ship, seatrade orange, was moored at a vehicle terminal (not the glovis one) at philly. Just made its way to Zeebrugge. Where it is currently moored at a spot where cars are known to be disembarked from containers. Next stop is Thames gateway port. London.

Its also possible that they are combining LHD+RHD loads together on one container ship.
For example, the container ship, seatrade orange, was moored at a vehicle terminal (not the glovis one) at philly. Just made its way to Zeebrugge. Where it is currently moored at a spot where cars are known to be disembarked from containers. Next stop is Thames gateway port. London.

And you said the Bomar Calais was another possibility? Thanks for all the info on this - I bow to your expertise! :)

I don't think that is out of the question at all but have no way of knowing. Based on precedent I would say that seeing as I've had no account activity at all then my vehicle must still be sat in Philadelphia.

However, on the other hand I can't see why Tesla would go to the trouble of carting hundreds of vehicles all the way across the US to get to Philadelphia just to sit it in the docks for three weeks. There's been two vehicle carriers leave SFO in that time, surely that would have been a heck of a lot easier.

I'm maybe overthinking this o_O