Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thanks, just me trying to be over optimistic Barry G4SEJ !
I was the same. But soon my optimism ended.
I ordered a white SR+ early October directly with Tesla but after about 2 months of no progress and being told few times to expect delivery sometime in February and seeing that many people who ordered SR+ in August and September but still don’t even have cars assigned yet I’ve cancelled my order and bought an inventory LR 2 weeks ago and I’m collecting it Tuesday.

The Dong has now left Zeebrugge enroute to Southampton.
It's now expected alongside at 17:30 on Saturday ie a day earlier than originally planned.
Which is nice...
The Dong has now been and gone to Southampton. I expect that all the new M3s for UK delivery before end of 2019 will have been disgorged there. There must be a fleet of car transporters ready to get the cars to all of the delivery centres in time for the December delivery appointments recently confirmed by Tesla - hopefully including mine! Just hope that in the rush we don't end up with a lot of disappointed customers getting cars bashed and scraped in the rush to load and unload the cars onto the lorries ...

The Dong has now been and gone to Southampton. I expect that all the new M3s for UK delivery before end of 2019 will have been disgorged there. There must be a fleet of car transporters ready to get the cars to all of the delivery centres in time for the December delivery appointments recently confirmed by Tesla - hopefully including mine! Just hope that in the rush we don't end up with a lot of disappointed customers getting cars bashed and scraped in the rush to load and unload the cars onto the lorries ...

Hey dude - have you had a delivery date sent to you?
I was told on the phone that it’s down for deciders Est 27th. But I haven’t been told that as a confirmed date. They just said it’s an estimate.

what was your process if you don’t mind me asking?

Hey dude - have you had a delivery date sent to you?
I was told on the phone that it’s down for deciders Est 27th. But I haven’t been told that as a confirmed date. They just said it’s an estimate.

what was your process if you don’t mind me asking?
Hi, I called Tesla about two weeks ago and they confirmed that I had been matched to a Vin for a car en route to UK. They told me to expect delivery probably in the first week of January as their best estimate but said they would try to deliver by end of December if possible. A few days later I got a text saying my delivery was scheduled for Dec 17th! I had to reschedule to a day later due to work commitments but got my car registration today so have been able to arrange insurance and am all set to collect the car this Wednesday. So the process seems to be - ‘be prepared’. You could get a delivery out the blue scheduled at quite short notice!

Reactions: Stew:
Hi, I called Tesla about two weeks ago and they confirmed that I had been matched to a Vin for a car en route to UK. They told me to expect delivery probably in the first week of January as their best estimate but said they would try to deliver by end of December if possible. A few days later I got a text saying my delivery was scheduled for Dec 17th! I had to reschedule to a day later due to work commitments but got my car registration today so have been able to arrange insurance and am all set to collect the car this Wednesday. So the process seems to be - ‘be prepared’. You could get a delivery out the blue scheduled at quite short notice!

That’s a great result. I’m happy for you dude ! I’m gutted as I chose inventory. Got a car assigned straight away was told before Christmas and now can’t even get through :-(

Got matched to a inventory car last week and told delivery will be before 23rd December.

Rang today to get an update to be told that no car is matched to my account and delivery will be end of January / early February!!!

Absolute s##te service.

I'm afraid that all cars are pushed in the Dutch market the upcoming 11 days. Yesterday Tesla broke a record by delivering more than 800 model 3's in Amsterdam. With the help of well know Tesla drivers/lovers Tesla expects to get the numbers above 1.000 deliveries a day.

I called a week ago to postpone my delivery from 18th December to 2nd January. The staff said that my car will be allocated to another customer, and will try to match another car soon as they will have two big ships on 6th and 13th January although he wasn't sure if these two ships will have a car matches to my order. Can some of you identify which ships these are?

Can some of you identify which ships these are?

There are no ships known to be arriving in the UK or EU from the US on those dates. That doesn't mean that there *aren't* any, we just don't know anything about them if they are (although historically analysis of shipping outside Tesla has been reasonably accurate). It's also possible there might be RHD in Zeebrugge already that they're transporting to the UK on those dates, but honestly I think that's unlikely.

The next ships we think may be carrying EU Teslas from the US are due to *arrive* into San Francisco on the 8th & 15th January, which means cars would be arriving in the UK approx. 30 days after that.

Source: Tesla Carriers

Reactions: ringi
There are no ships known to be arriving in the UK or EU from the US on those dates. That doesn't mean that there *aren't* any, we just don't know anything about them if they are (although historically analysis of shipping outside Tesla has been reasonably accurate). It's also possible there might be RHD in Zeebrugge already that they're transporting to the UK on those dates, but honestly I think that's unlikely.

The next ships we think may be carrying EU Teslas from the US are due to *arrive* into San Francisco on the 8th & 15th January, which means cars would be arriving in the UK approx. 30 days after that.

Source: Tesla Carriers

Thanks for the information. I asked twice, and he was so sure about it. But now I am confused... In a worse case, I should wait until February then. :(

I see that the first four vehicle carriers for 2020 that had been listed on “The Spreadsheet” are now listed as N/A. Up until yesterday the next ship heading for Pier 80 was supposed to be the Glovis Captain, but that’s now heading for Guatemala.

My money has been on the Glovis Cosmos for sometime but that will now have to get a wiggle on if it's the chosen one.