Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

More Uk-bound Ships?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Screenshot 2019-12-08 at 14.27.07.png
The RCC Europe has yet to clear the Gatun Locks in Panama but has confirmed its destination as being Amsterdam where it is due to arrive on 19 Dec.
The Dutch government tax allowance halves after 31 Dec and so there has been a huge demand for EVs. A boatload of Teslas will have to be collected off the dock by their new owners before the New Year.

Last edited:
Reactions: pmg102
View attachment 486055 The RCC Europe has yet to clear the Gatun Locks in Panama but has confirmed its destination as being Amsterdam where it is due to arrive on 19 Dec.
The Dutch government tax allowance halves after 31 Dec and so there has been a huge demand for EVs. A boatload of Teslas will have to be collected off the dock by their new owners before the New Year.

My VIN shows that my car is 2020 registration, and the final invoice shows the estimated date on 30th December. Assuming it would take around 10 days from Europe to the UK delivery location, I guess my car is loaded in the RCC Europe... I hope my guess is correct otherwise I have to wait for another month!

Davey,

I was told by my lease company that they had been told by Tesla that I would have a pickup date before the 22nd Dec, so I called Tesla straight after being told this to see if I could get an exact date.
This was around 10 days ago, and was told the same thing as you, mid Jan for my delivery.
Then 2 days later a pick up date of the 19th Dec appears in my Tesla account.
If I was you I'd speak to your lease company and see what they say.

Spoke to my lease company today. They are saying that no car or RN has been assigned to me and that the Late March delivery date they quoting me still stands :(. Have asked them to chase Tesla as i was given a different story so we shall she what happens. Im not holding out much hope for a pre xmas surprise. Got an electrician coming today to quote a charger just going to get it installed asap in hope of unexpected good news lol

Spoke to my lease company today. They are saying that no car or RN has been assigned to me and that the Late March delivery date they quoting me still stands :(. Have asked them to chase Tesla as i was given a different story so we shall she what happens. Im not holding out much hope for a pre xmas surprise. Got an electrician coming today to quote a charger just going to get it installed asap in hope of unexpected good news lol

Keep your fingers crossed, with Tesla you never know what's going to happen.

Just be careful of OLEV grants expiring before one gets the car - can be extended in some circumstances though. Also make sure you have the paperwork needed for a grant application.

I had my charger installed last week; if I read the paperwork correctly you have 6 months from when the charger is installed before they come knocking and 28 days after the vehicle has been delivered to resister the VIN on-line with the DVLA

Attachments

• 6F9B8853-21ED-4B85-9032-966A798D3854.jpeg
    6F9B8853-21ED-4B85-9032-966A798D3854.jpeg
    115.2 KB · Views: 30
I had my charger installed last week; if I read the paperwork correctly you have 6 months from when the charger is installed before they come knocking and 28 days after the vehicle has been delivered to resister the VIN on-line with the DVLA
Surely the DVLA automatically has a record of the VIN when your dar is delivered as this part of the process of obtaining your car registration and ownership documents!? Do you really have to separately contact the DVLA post delivery of your vehicle to tell them again the VIN for your car?
Apologies if I am missing something obvious here.

I
Surely the DVLA automatically has a record of the VIN when your dar is delivered as this part of the process of obtaining your car registration and ownership documents!? Do you really have to separately contact the DVLA post delivery of your vehicle to tell them again the VIN for your car?
Apologies if I am missing something obvious here.
f you have the car then it’s no problem, if you don’t then you do (if you follow me)

Picked mine up yesterday from Heathrow, staff were great. Enjoyable first day in it - jeebus its quick off the mark! Now it's got me thinking about changing my X5 for a ModelX - once/if they update the centre console so its more like the 3!

Hope you guys get yours soon, they handed over about 25 odd cars in my 30 min slot!