Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

mr musk i found the solution about how to heat the cabin

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Why would he explain it here when the first thing that needs to happen is a patent. And that is better done with Tesla and the inventor as partners.

All OP wants to know is how to reach someone in the R&D of Tesla. And to get that lead he does not have to explain his invention in this public forum.

The first thing is a patent, but the second thing is not to contact Tesla in regards to selling it to them.. First before anyone would take him seriously he would need an enterprise to back him and his work. He would have to implement it, test it, and correct the implications. And then pitch it.

Similar to a few people have mentioned, especially Bonnie, if the OP is so smart in making an invention to 'revolutionize' the heating of the car, why the heck wouldn't he be smart enough to find the correct person to contact on his own???

Like I said if you want serious information and advise, do not contact them. The best approach is to get a patent, find an investor, partner with a company, test run it, sell it, monitor it, then contact Tesla. By the time you are done, if everything goes smoothly and they agree you could see it in the new model E. You would be making a load of money and the end.

Option two is just to forget the independent partnership with an enterprise, create your own business/enterprise, and market it that way.

Also with direct experience, they do not return phone calls or emails. The way I got my 'in' was by proving myself.

And my speculation is that: you have a 12 volt battery that a person charges using solar, every morning before they head off to work they unplug it, bring it in their car, put it in the back, connect a plug in heater to it, and the user will be toasty all day until it runs out of 'juice'??? The user will not affect the car's battery in any way.

Last edited:
Be careful. I thought I had figured out my own heater solution that did not drain the battery and this happened:
one-statistic-shows-why-everyone-needs-to-relax-about-the-recent-tesla-fires.jpg

Just for all you inventors out there let me save you a little time: A Pepsi bottle full of gasoline and a box of matches is not the correct answer.:tongue:

well ok tanks for making fun of it ,,,,, told you this have nothing to do with any already existing technology ... tanks anyway for making fun of it i was hoping for some help but .......... i will find!! it my self :rolleyes:

Giving no details on an Internet forum and they saying it is a completely new technology doesn't seem to way to go if you are serious and want Tesla to incorporate your invention. Do you have a white paper explaining your idea or a patent to point to?

:smile: well it may sound crazy but yes i found the solution for the winter cold weather how to heat inside the car with out draining the battery pack .. prototype is available :cool:

anyone could help how to contact Tesla research development any link

I suggest you make the necessary effort yourself. Go to the Tesla website. Look for contact info. Take the initiative. Write your proposal and mail it to Tesla.

I thought most companies will refuse people submitting ideas like that. If they accept it and happen to be working on something similar then you could say they copied your work.

A patent seems like first logical step assuming this entire scenario is real.

I thought most companies will refuse people submitting ideas like that. If they accept it and happen to be working on something similar then you could say they copied your work.

That is correct. I believe Elon Musk has said that he doesn't read mailed proposals for exactly that reason.

A patent seems like first logical step assuming this entire scenario is real.

Also, even if they did want to use an idea, they would want to know that the company holds the necessary patent so they don't get a nasty surprise down the line.

1) Do you have the patents?
2) Do you have a cost roadmap?
3) What is the idea?

It's between the OP and Tesla. We probably don't need to (or should) see the information prior. He was just answering the questions posed by ItsNotAboutTheMoney, saying yes, he could answer those.

This thread is kind of starting to smell a bit like a dead horse, no?

You could also have some type of tow hook that you can fire from the front of the car, fire that into the back of a large truck, bus or semi with lots of torque.

then have the S re-gen while the other vehicle drags it, you should be able to regen 50kW, after maybe 30 mins your battery should be topped off!

I suggested on Teslatap that a propane auxiliary heat function be provided with the Subzero package, as a range extender. I was initially picturing an outdoor barbecue sized bottle of gas to facilitate handling and recharging, which would supply some sort of burner integrated into the cabin heater, from the Frunk "microwave" perhaps, with an exhaust in the vicinity of the base of the windshield so that it would warm the wipers. But even well confined flames are admittedly disconcerting, so then I began to think of the old-fashioned Zippo hand-warmers that run on lighter fuel but with no flame at all, the oxidation being done on a platinum catalyst surface.

The general reaction to that idea has been approximately what I would expect from the photograph in the previous post, with comments that it seems counter to the entire concept of a Tesla. However, I find that a gas fireplace is a great addition to an all-electric heat pumped home, and it may be that electricity is better suited to locomotion than to heating, so while we have fossil fuels to use, perhaps it is ok to use them sparingly for what they do best and at 100% efficiency, which is heating our living spaces.

Comments and thoughts would be welcome, pro or con...

Last edited:
However, I find that a gas fireplace is a great addition to an all-electric heat pumped home, and it may be that electricity is better suited to locomotion than to heating, so while we have fossil fuels to use, perhaps it is ok to use them sparingly for what they do best and at 100% efficiency, which is heating our living spaces.

Comments and thoughts would be welcome, pro or con...

Hi Thomas, sounds like you may have some home performance issues. That's my field, and I've actually got a client near you (engineer for the NSA).

Fixing home performance issues starts with understanding if opportunity matches expectations. I've created a simplistic calculator for that:
Home Energy Calculator | Ted Kidd

If your expectations are reasonable, the next step is a comprehensive home assessment (energy audit).

If you have a good heat pump, propane would need to be about 20¢ a gallon to be cost competitive.

If you need further assistance, guidance, or questions about me, google my name.
(No, not heisenberg.) Feel free to get in touch.

I work on the console side of games. Ideas are cheap, I can't count the times someone has a great game/mechanic/concept. The secret to innovation is not just the idea but execution. In general I'm not allowed to even hear your idea because someone internal or a partner has it to but also the will to turn it into reality.