Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MR White Interior Updates

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is my peeve exactly.

This is why I feel like they would take proactive steps to make up for the lost tax credit. At this point, you can order today and it says "December Delivery"... there is no language about it being an estimate regardless of interior choice. I would think Tesla would use the expiring credit to wrangle as many orders as possible and make things right where they couldn't meet that commitment. I think they're giving it their all. Remember, they would much rather deliver as many cars as possible at the end of the day. Otherwise, they're paying for unsold parts that are sitting in their parking lots and on trucks.

I sort-of agree. The 6-10 weeks was partly based on the delay to get it from CA to East Coast. IE, if you were in CA, the 6 weeks was more of the expected time. And 8 for Mid-west and 10 for East Coast.

So, if you are on the west coast, and do not have a car(or at least a scheduled delivery date), I would consider those now late(ish).

Also, they are now promising a 31 day or less turn-around for people that order by today 11/30. So, if this group of people can get a car in 31 days, why are the cars that were ordered 42 days ago still not even scheduled?

Some of the time improvement is because of the "trucking secured" comments.

But, still does not explain why the white interiors have not bee made. I'm hopeful that happens next week once they get a final production count of what they need for the end of the year.
You hit the nail on the head and exactly why I'm concerned. But even today if you configured a MR White Interior you get EoY delivery. Tesla is saying they will get it done so we're gonna just have to trust them. Waiting game sucks.

The baffling thing to me is that they're still making white interiors for other versions, but not for mid-range.

I think I'm a few days out from canceling entirely. People are getting scheduled for last-week December deliveries already for black interior and there's no action backing the December delivery guarantee for if (when) orders get delayed into January.

The baffling thing to me is that they're still making white interiors for other versions, but not for mid-range.

I think I'm a few days out from canceling entirely. People are getting scheduled for last-week December deliveries already for black interior and there's no action backing the December delivery guarantee for if (when) orders get delayed into January.
I feel your frustration. I'm in the same boat. But I've seen some Black Interiors who have not got confirmation either and are in the same boat as us. It's all very slapdash. Let's give them first week of December. Everyone's been saying we should see something very soon.

I feel your frustration. I'm in the same boat. But I've seen some Black Interiors who have not got confirmation either and are in the same boat as us. It's all very slapdash. Let's give them first week of December. Everyone's been saying we should see something very soon.

I have an MR delivered Monday afternoon in Memphis. White interior looks awesome. I was a day 1 reservation holder and ordered on 10/19.

• Informative
Reactions: 2012MS85
I have an MR delivered Monday afternoon in Memphis. White interior looks awesome. I was a day 1 reservation holder and ordered on 10/19.

Congrats buddy!!! What’s your opinion on white?
Is it worth taking risk to wait and try until the end of this year for white or just change the order to black interior and call it is day?

Thanks!

So, I just got a text from Tesla saying "while we prepare your Tesla, please complete your. checkout items" and gave a link to the website.

I have nothing to complete that I know of. And nothing showed up on the website. Anyone else get that.

Ordered a Blue with b&w interior, EAP, aero wheels.

Fresno Ca here. Received similar text today too. Kinda surprised tho. My financial situation has/will unfortunately change and I called on Friday to cancel. I received the email confirmation about the cancellation. Maybe it wasn't processed yet. I have been regretting making the phone call since, so maybe it's a sign? Or someone playing with my emotions

Anyone with white interior call Tesla customer service to see if they have an update on your order?
Yeah, I called and the rep said, they don’t do the interior colors in batches, which I find hard to believe. She also says it should be in the order of orders, which I also know is complete bs.

She did get one thing right though... being a line waiter on 3/31/16 doesn’t mean jack.

• Funny
Reactions: 2012MS85