Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MS P85D wheel spacers?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
FB8035C5-70B9-456F-B782-E88FE41AACC1.jpeg
702F1755-AB8D-4061-820B-AC30D9F9F0EF.jpeg

New setup installed. 20x9 +35mm with 245/40 and 20x10.5 +35mm with 275/35. In general I’m quite happy with the overall look/stance and wasn’t going to order any spacers, but have a slight problem hence why I said I need to order 5mm for the rear. Because I went with a 10.5” wide rear and 35mm offset, the center cap won’t fit due to the hub post/screw sticking out past the face by a few millimeters. :(
I’m worried that adding even 5mm more will mak the rears look too far poked out. :oops:

Reactions: FlatSix911
Another (repeat) whine...
I wish Tesla would’ve stayed with using lug bolts like Euro cars vs lug nuts. That way I can just buy the correct length bolts as needed. As you can see from the closeup pic of the rear wheel, the lug nuts stick out way the hell too much for my liking. Some people like that “tuner” look, but not me. The front wheels, because of the different width, has the nuts properly recessed and very little is sticking out. [whine off]

Last edited:
Reactions: davidc18
Yeah, I noticed that too. I'm glad I didn't pay for faster shipping, as the production is so slow.

Ask them where my order is. :)
Called them up, but was fwd’d to vmail.
Lenny just called me back and was super helpful. Since I only needed 7mm (decided to not chance 5mm still not allowing my caps to fit), the only option on the website was for the flat spacer. He said he’d custom make the 7mm with the hub-centric 64.1mm lip no problem. He also reduced the shipping cost as well, so I’m happy and order placed.
You can check the status of your order under the “Misc” section of the website apparently.

View attachment 295273 View attachment 295272
New setup installed. 20x9 +35mm with 245/40 and 20x10.5 +35mm with 275/35. In general I’m quite happy with the overall look/stance and wasn’t going to order any spacers, but have a slight problem hence why I said I need to order 5mm for the rear. Because I went with a 10.5” wide rear and 35mm offset, the center cap won’t fit due to the hub post/screw sticking out past the face by a few millimeters. :( I’m worried that adding even 5mm more will mak the rears look too far poked out. :oops:
Another (repeat) whine... I wish Tesla would’ve stayed with using lug bolts like Euro cars vs lug nuts. That way I can just buy the correct length bolts as needed. As you can see from the closeup pic of the rear wheel, the lug nuts stick out way the hell too much for my liking. Some people like that “tuner” look, but not me. The front wheels, because of the different width, has the nuts properly recessed and very little is sticking out. [whine off]
10mm spacers on the rear will solve both problems ... center caps will fit and lug nuts will be more flush with the wheel face. :cool:

Reactions: Doanster1
10mm spacers on the rear will solve both problems ... center caps will fit and lug nuts will be more flush with the wheel face. :cool:
With a 10.5” wide wheel and 35mm offset, they are pretty far out as it is. Either way, 7mm spacers from Lenny will be fab’d soon so we shall see what it looks like. Love the 275s on the 10.5” wheel, though. Super meaty/slight stretch look.

What an F'n saga this has been. I ordered my spacers on April 10th, it took a week for them to make them, then they got set aside and forgotten. I called this past Monday and got Lenny (who is very friendly) who said he located them and would ship them FedEx at no charge so they'd be to me this weekend. All this would have worked out nicely as there's a car show in town this weekend and I could show off the new spacers. Well, Lenny sent them FedEx "best effort" which puts them here next week.

From order date to expected receipt... about 35 days.

Sorry to hear that guys. Not to rub it in, but... mine shipped yesterday. Downside of a true local/artisan (so to speak) business. No dedicated logistics person. Product and customer service are more important in this case.

I've never seen the concern in torqueing lug nuts "to spec". I've been changing wheels/tires for 30 years and never used a torque wrench for lug nuts. I think these spacers may require something more to spec. What is the recommended torque level for the lug nuts... both the adapter and the wheel? 129 ft/lbs?