Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Multi-camera / Quad-camera solution for Model S / X

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the switching function between the board and the OEM rearcamera channel. We won't use the "menu" button in avoiding the conflict with the HDMI Interface Box.

Would probable use either the red or yellow circled one in the below pic. (press and hold for 1sec)

switching button.jpg

I'd recommend Yellow, since it does nothing when using Slacker so if we let go too soon it won't be a problem.
Those with Spotify will be affected with yellow button.

However with red or yellow buttons I believe that holding them as a long press changes the audio source/channel.

Only button where long press does nothing is Menu button (in actuality a 2 second long hold takes a screenshot of MCU for service technicians)

Those with Spotify will be affected with yellow button.

However with red or yellow buttons I believe that holding them as a long press changes the audio source/channel.

Only button where long press does nothing is Menu button (in actuality a 2 second long hold takes a screenshot of MCU for service technicians)
Long Press and hold of either yellow or red does nothing too

Hi Tommy -

Long press does do things. I just tried it now. It changes audio sources when you have audio playing. Switches between Spotify, slacker, tuning, radio, etc.

Kyle

Oh really? We use those buttons for the control of 360 (changing views), so far it's been working ok. Just that if the press does not reach 1s, it will change to next song if playing spotify, or next FM channel in Radio.

Kyle

Oh really? We use those buttons for the control of 360 (changing views), so far it's been working ok. Just that if the press does not reach 1s, it will change to next song if playing spotify, or next FM channel in Radio.
OK so I did some experimenting - the long press of 1 second of the forward/backward steering wheel buttons cycles favorite TuneIn (podcast) stations and changes any audio source (radio, Spotify, slacker, phone bluetooth, to TuneIn and cycles through TuneIn favorites. That's all it does. I have no idea why, but it's been this why on Tesla firmwares (in the US?) for a long time. Not sure if you have TuneIn in Hong Kong (Maybe that's why it does nothing for you?)

I removed the favorite stations I had "starred" (or favorited) in TuneIn so that I had no favorites. Then I tried the long press of these buttons on all audio sources and nothing happens now.

That's a worthwhile tradeoff. I'll just remove TuneIn favorites and now these buttons can work with your kit with no issues (plus hdmi box!).

OK so I did some experimenting - the long press of 1 second of the forward/backward steering wheel buttons cycles favorite TuneIn (podcast) stations and changes any audio source (radio, Spotify, slacker, phone bluetooth, to TuneIn and cycles through TuneIn favorites. That's all it does. I have no idea why, but it's been this why on Tesla firmwares (in the US?) for a long time. Not sure if you have TuneIn in Hong Kong (Maybe that's why it does nothing for you?)

I removed the favorite stations I had "starred" (or favorited) in TuneIn so that I had no favorites. Then I tried the long press of these buttons on all audio sources and nothing happens now.

That's a worthwhile tradeoff. I'll just remove TuneIn favorites and now these buttons can work with your kit with no issues (plus hdmi box!).
Got the same results...

Is there anyway to make a 4 camera split screen view to see all 4 cameras at the same time ? Also is there anyway to integrate a signal of all 4 cameras into a dvr system similar to dashcam recording w WiFi for live viewing? Thanks

You should better get a 360 system. This project is a simplified version that user can add camera up to 3 (front, left, right)

Kyle,

Thanks for the trial! Might have to use other botton/method for the switch