Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Musk: V10 wide release "hopefully end of august" after early access

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK, negative Nancies. Time to own up and admit this wasn't fluff? That V10 was nearly even on time and actually did include advanced summon that doesn't even close to suck? Heck you even got spotify and album art (which are two things I personally don't care about, which seems to mean don't matter)!

Ha, just kidding, you'll find new reasons to hate life! Don't bother responding with everything you have to complain about, plenty of time for that in the lead up to V11.

OK, negative Nancies. Time to own up and admit this wasn't fluff? That V10 was nearly even on time and actually did include advanced summon that doesn't even close to suck? Heck you even got spotify and album art (which are two things I personally don't care about, which seems to mean don't matter)!

Ha, just kidding, you'll find new reasons to hate life! Don't bother responding with everything you have to complain about, plenty of time for that in the lead up to V11.
I don't even have Navigate on Autopilot yet, so I've still got plenty to complain about. One month late is not on time, and it'll be 6 months late for anyone outside America. We probably won't even see advanced summon for 18 months. Is that good enough for you?

Ok. I tried NOA on hwy and AP on local roads which I always use. Overall, the ride and pick up is very smooth and zippy too. Quiet fast. I noticed when on AP it marks a the whole target lane in blue light and marks a temporary image where it is planning to move and moves. Once when my car was planning to move to the next lane , the AP noticed a car moving fast and my car quickly came back, in a split second, but since the other car did not move in to the spot my car quickly moved. this was amazing. No autolane cancellation or any of those. The car made all the decisions and beautifully executed the maneuver. Also, in that same hwy last eve my car did at least one phantnom braking under an overpass which I occasionally see. However, today no phantom braking and it was superb and smooth.
Attached couple of pics here. Of course, I was reminded more to hold the steering wheel.

IMG_20190927_203623.jpg IMG_20190927_204608.jpg IMG_20190927_205409.jpg IMG_20190927_204016.jpg

I'm blown away by V10 so far. They really do need to start talking more about what they are releasing with the Autopilot upgrades. It's odd to me that they don't talk much about it - especially with this particular release which has some big improvements in it.

The first HUGE improvement I noticed was the resume from stop in Autopilot and/or TACC. The acceleration is much better now - maybe even perfect to be honest. This was an issue for me on prior versions but they put this one to bed as far as I'm concerned.

I also noticed that the car behaves much more reasonably when a car turns across your lane in front of you. I can feel lit hesitate ever so slightly but it doesn't SLAM on brakes like it used to. It DID do this once but I could understand why because someone truly did cut it a little close. A human driver still wouldn't have reacted so harshly in this situation but whatever - it's a huge improvement.

Autopilot also seems to be handling intersections and breaks in lane markers much better. In prior versions it would consistently misread certain lane lines when going through intersections or through turns where the lane lines temporarily disappeared. It would almost always (like 95% of the time) try to pull you into the left lane from the right lane. It got it right 3 out of 4 times tonight. On two of them it STARTED to pull left but corrected itself. This is another HUGE improvement in my book.

And finally - lane changes are much better. No more odd braking or slowing down while changing lanes. It changes lanes with some confidence now. NOA was very good in my short (10 miles) test tonight.

V10 is inspiring some serious confidence.

Oh... and Enhanced Autopilot... almost forgot! It's absolutely awesome!! Tremendous. Perfect? No. Awesome? YES! Will I use it often? Doubtful. But it's way better than I expected. You won't appreciate it until you see it first hand.

I'm uploading a YT video on my first impressions of Enhanced Summon now. Will post shortly.

The Come to Me button in the app is dangerously cool. I’ve used it a couple of times today while running errands to have my car meet me halfway as I am walking towards it. It’s dangerous, not in a safety sense that I’ve seen so far, but in terms of common courtesy since it’s a pretty douchey thing to do because the car is sitting in the parking lot lane and anyone behind it would have to wait for me to get into the car and shift to drive. And since it’s so cool to do, I’m incredibly tempted to do it all the time even though I know it’s being an ass to other people for no real reason.

Can anyone else confirm having things missing in their v10 update?

When I go into "Theater" it's completely blank and Spotify and Caraoke don't even show up in my launcher. I'm in Michigan, I have a dual motor long range, and it's AP3. Tesla service said they didn't have any service info on the update yet so all they did was send the update again and had me hard reset..... Still not there... But I do love start summon! Anyone else missing these?

I got my MS upgrade a few days back. Still slow at take off at lights and in heavy traffic. I still just give the accelerator a tap...

I do notice better or maybe different behavior in traffic - more awareness all around. Have yet tested NAV ON AUTO.

Smart summon is downright scary. My car charged out of the garage in reverse, started to execute a three point turn grunting all the way and I was sure it was going to hit my wife's van in the driveway so I stopped it. Later I tried it again and it successfully completed the maneuver coming within six inched of the van. I am scared to try it in a public parking lot at this point.

• Funny
Reactions: scottf200
Ok. I tried NOA on hwy and AP on local roads which I always use. Overall, the ride and pick up is very smooth and zippy too. Quiet fast. I noticed when on AP it marks a the whole target lane in blue light and marks a temporary image where it is planning to move and moves. Once when my car was planning to move to the next lane , the AP noticed a car moving fast and my car quickly came back, in a split second, but since the other car did not move in to the spot my car quickly moved. this was amazing. No autolane cancellation or any of those. The car made all the decisions and beautifully executed the maneuver. Also, in that same hwy last eve my car did at least one phantnom braking under an overpass which I occasionally see. However, today no phantom braking and it was superb and smooth.
Attached couple of pics here. Of course, I was reminded more to hold the steering wheel.

View attachment 459940 View attachment 459941 View attachment 459943 View attachment 459944
Another improvement I noticed after V10 update is that you see the double lines between the the two traffic ( oncoming lanes and traveling lanes) if you are on local roads and using AP. See here:

IMG_20190928_091450.jpg

• Informative
Reactions: MTOman
I haven’t seen any dancing cars since the update. There are times when cars flicker in and out of existence on the screen when I’m stopped, but fairly rarely and no dancing. It’s actually a little nuts to be sitting at a stop light and zooming back on the screen and see how the car tracks the cars coming up from behind.

• Informative
Reactions: motocoder
Also, when I am at a Stop sign I noticed that my car on the dash moves fwd and bwd occasionally. Must be that the rear camera feeds are aligning or something. No car on either lanes was moving to give me that visual impact. It was as if when I was driving a manual years ago how the actual car moves back and forth in a hill. This is new after this V10 for me.

• Informative
Reactions: motocoder
10.2 we had a very brief relationship! I installed 10.2 yesterday, did not drive the car and now just installed v11.

Do you mean 2019.32.11? It's just a coincidence that V10 came out on 2019.32.10. The firmware codes are derived from year, week (32nd week of 2019) and a revision number. V10 will be around for a while, we've had V9 since the end of 2018.