Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MY Aug 9 order delivery now Jan 2022

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

PaulYVR

MY OD 8/9/21 DD 21/11/21
Aug 18, 2021
Vancouver BC
This morning delivery just got pushed to January 2022. Had consistently been Nov 15/19 - Dec 5/9

Ordered Aug 9, 2021
Long Range All-Wheel Drive
Pearl White Paint
19’’ Gemini Wheels
All Black Premium Interior
Five Seat Interior
Autopilot
Full Self-Driving Capability

What’s going on?

Help me find the positives to this delay.

Already have accessories arriving to add to the pain LOL.

Oh wow, I order a few days before you did and my EDD has been consistently 11/23-12/13... I hope I won't be in the same boat, I refreshed the Tesla page like 10 times just now lol.

I, too, bought accessories and they're just sitting in my Harry Potter closet collecting dust at this point until my MY arrives :(

Tesla probably hasn't even queued up your build yet, the EDD is a mirage, a phantom, whatever you want to call it.

Stop looking at your account and go live your life until 9-10 weeks from now and you should start to see your EDD stabilize, but for now there's absolutely nothing to read into, you are 30k-50k MY deliveries behind yours.

you guys are in for the ride of your lives. I've had nearly 50-60 EDD shifts, many often nearly causing me to go into cardiac arrest.

Stop reading into the EDD's so much right now, when your window starts to narrow and you are within 10-12 days of current from the closest date, then you are close but (in my case) it can shift one day at a night in a nightmare pattern for MONTHS until one day you get that magical VIN. For now, I wouldn't count on those vin's being accurate at all.

This morning delivery just got pushed to January 2022. Had consistently been Nov 15/19 - Dec 5/9

Ordered Aug 9, 2021
Pearl White Paint
19’’ Gemini Wheels
Five Seat Interior
Autopilot

What’s going on?

Is your EDD "January" or do you have specific dates in January?

If it’s the full month just ignore it. It’s not an actual EDD, just reflecting the current Delivery estimate for new orders.

Reactions: Threader
Hell of a way to set customer expectations. Tesla, if you’re listening, there is a enough uncertainty in the world. Do better for your customers in this space. It’s an easy way to increase customer satisfaction and improve the customer experience.

For me, I’m going to sleep until I get a VIN…. Then I‘ll start to get excited only to be disappointed a few more times before I get an actual delivery appointment at which time I’ll move on my preapproved financing and insurance

My last 2 Lexus were custom ordered. No one gives an EDD. The sales guy says 4-5 months. A month before they give VIN number and say when it is shipped we will be able to give you a week's notice. So Tesla giving an EDD early on, is definitely above industry standards. I am not saying it is good, but with the supply chain issues and chip shortages predicting anything is pointless.

Ordered Aug 9, 2021
Pearl White Paint
19’’ Gemini Wheels
Five Seat Interior
Autopilot

What’s going on?

I felt this pain too….flipped to MYP and had a car in 28 days. I was in for a 4-5 month wait too (Had waited a month before the change).

I caved and couldn’t be happier.

I felt this pain too….flipped to MYP and had a car in 28 days. I was in for a 4-5 month wait too (Had waited a month before the change).

I caved and couldn’t be happier.
Where do you live, how is the ride (heard 21s are rougher) and did you get another set of wheels or just riding with the 21s? (Pun intended)

Where do you live, how is the ride (heard 21s are rougher) and did you get another set of wheels or just riding with the 21s? (Pun intended)
I live on Long Island (NY) and some of the roads suck here. I read all the stuff about a rough ride and I was concerned but so far so good. It’s a little bumpy but not to the degree that posters here said. As for wheels, I’m going w the 21’s for a while. I just bought Michelin Pilot Sport all seasons and I’m having them installed next week. I’m expecting the ride to improve a bit and ride them out for a while. It’s not a smooth a ride as my wifes Audi Q5 but it’s pretty damn good. The acceleration makes me forget about the bumps.

Reactions: samori01
I live on Long Island (NY) and some of the roads suck here. I read all the stuff about a rough ride and I was concerned but so far so good. It’s a little bumpy but not to the degree that posters here said. As for wheels, I’m going w the 21’s for a while. I just bought Michelin Pilot Sport all seasons and I’m having them installed next week. I’m expecting the ride to improve a bit and ride them out for a while. It’s not a smooth a ride as my wifes Audi Q5 but it’s pretty damn good. The acceleration makes me forget about the bumps.
I agree on the ride…. Just test drove a Y last Tuesday. Those that complain about the ride must be coming from high end luxury. Coming from a Toyota Highlander Limited both the road noise and ride are much better on the Y…

Reactions: Terpslax