Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My baby got hurt :(

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
How long did they say you'd be without your Tesla? That would be the hardest part for me. Having to drive an ICE car for a while… :(

I sent an email to the body shop yesterday and haven't gotten a response yet. I'm thinking about a week during which time I'll be filling this strange extremely flammable liquid into the car that I'll be driving at 60mph+ on the highway. :)

Hey Jeeps,

I'm only bringing my car to Bugatti tomorrow morning bright and early. Rosario tells me he's got about a week of work to do, so I hope to get it back by end of day Friday. I think that's wishful thinking though. They have to paint the door, and take it all apart and put it back together. Who knows, maybe they will be able to do it. I'm certainly hoping so as I don't want to be stuck with an ICE for long. Poor Slyastro who's had to drive an ICE for a month plus.

I'm wondering if my insurance will cover the vinyl wrapping that will have to be redone on the "brightwork" around the window and on the rear-view.

On that note, I've been trying to get hold of affichage.ca lately and I'm getting no response. I hope they haven't gone belly up. That would really suck.

Rob

I'm wondering if my insurance will cover the vinyl wrapping that will have to be redone on the "brightwork" around the window and on the rear-view.

On that note, I've been trying to get hold of affichage.ca lately and I'm getting no response. I hope they haven't gone belly up. That would really suck.

Rob

I just had a full wrap, trim blacked out, and window tinting done. I read or was told by someone to submit the receipt to my insurance company when it was done, so it would be covered. Which I did do this week. My policy price was adjusted to cover the modification. From your pictures, I can't tell if you have a full wrap, or just the chrome trim blacked out.

Hi @NJ, thanks for the note.

I only got the trim blacked out, yup. I was just at the body shop and the rep told me he'll take care of having all the damaged bits re-wrapped, so that's cool!

Did your policy go up by much when you added the wrap receipt?

Seemed an appropriate thread rather than starting a new one.

Someone backed into my front fascia so it's in for repairs this week. I've got a Continental something-or-other as a loaner (I'm calling it the the Continental POS). Man, it's hard to believe how bad an average ICE is after driving the S. The engine sounds like the growling of an asthmatic dog. It has the power of a small herd of three legged narcoleptic hamsters.

I miss my Model S.

Seemed an appropriate thread rather than starting a new one.

Someone backed into my front fascia so it's in for repairs this week. I've got a Continental something-or-other as a loaner (I'm calling it the the Continental POS). Man, it's hard to believe how bad an average ICE is after driving the S. The engine sounds like the growling of an asthmatic dog. It has the power of a small herd of three legged narcoleptic hamsters.

I miss my Model S.

LOL, I couldn't have said it better myself. :)

Sorry to hear about your car. You'll love it that much more when you get it back!

I suspect that if the corrosion is due to an obvious design defect (attaching aluminum directly to steel, for instance) rather than road conditions, that it comes under the implied warranty of fitness and marketability.

I hope so. I know one Tesla owner who, after some negotiating with Tesla, had after-market rustproofing applied. I wonder if anyone else is doing the after-market rustproofing thing? I think the last time I ever had one of my cars done was back in the '80s.

You got this?!!

That is hilarious. I always used to get the hard sell at dealers, but if I chose to get rustproofing, I would always go third-party and arrange myself. As I say, that was decades ago. Sometime in the '90s I was buying a car (GM, I think) and when I didn't get pressured about rustproofing, I asked the sales guy why. He said, honestly, that rustproofing warranties weren't any better than what the manufacturer was giving, and that a third-party rustproofing could actually void the manufacturer's rust warranty. From that point on, I never bothered with it again.

That is hilarious. I always used to get the hard sell at dealers, but if I chose to get rustproofing, I would always go third-party and arrange myself. As I say, that was decades ago. Sometime in the '90s I was buying a car (GM, I think) and when I didn't get pressured about rustproofing, I asked the sales guy why. He said, honestly, that rustproofing warranties weren't any better than what the manufacturer was giving, and that a third-party rustproofing could actually void the manufacturer's rust warranty. From that point on, I never bothered with it again.

And that clip doubles as something to show to New Jersey regulators too.

Checked my mirror bracket after seeing this other related thread, my bare aluminum bracket looks as corroded as your zax123 and it does drip on the side doors leaving visible permanent traces that I'm pretty sure can be detailed out eventually. As you can see in the other thread, there are newer coated bracket and TM are well aware and working on a solution to address the issue with current owners.

Other thread: Corroding side view mirror brackets on norwegian cars