Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Car Beeped at Me When Another Car Had Turn Signal On

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The beeping would suggest side collision avoidance had activated. Moving or stopped? AP or manual driving? Did your car try to steer away from the other car?

I also haven't seen the car respond to just a turn signal. But it will respond to some encroaching cars. It seems to have a hard time with cars that are very close to the front, either a very short distance or overlapping a bit. Kind of like the B-pillar cameras are not active yet.

Reactions: APotatoGod
That's the lane encroachment "enhancement" that they talked about recently training and deploying back at the autonomy / investor day thing. I find it pretty annoying, tracking cars perfectly centered in the lane next to me, not weaving, etc., but my car brakes and refuses to pass them.

If a car in front of me suddenly slows down, my car sets off a LOUD and very obnoxious collision alert warning. I leave this feature on because maybe some day I won't notice and it will alert me. I wonder if the OP's car was reacting to a sudden slowing of the other car rather than the turn signal?