Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Car does not do XXXX, but it make fart noises now!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The one developer that was probably tasked with this easter egg probably would not have made a difference if s/he was added to the existing wiper logistics team. I'm certain if they needed the help, they would have commandeered the person long ago.

Software development takes time, regardless of how many warm bodies you throw at it.
I bet that fart noise was ready for months and Elon decided to hold the feature back to give people something to get excited about.

Okay, so for now until that feature is tweaked, on heavy rain days go to manual wipers before you leave your home. For all other rain days set to auto wipe. Problem solved.

Problem solved UNLESS the volume of rain changes which to does in area constantly. So the options is to have the wiper going full blast with no rain, or on the lowest setting with heavy rain.

You know pressing the button on the left stalk once not only initiate the wiper once, but it brings up the wiper screen. It's but 1 screen press for you to engage wipers. And it's on the side closest to you, takes as much time as glancing at your speed.

But for new version of auto wipers, Elon stated they're already testing it. So it's not like they aren't already working on improving the auto wipers.

In heavy rain in the dark I don't want to shift my focus to the screen. Unlike with tactile controls, the touch screen (particularly on a bumpy road) takes some focus to change settings, and that focus should be in the road.

• Love
Reactions: eprosenx
I got the update last night, needless to say, I was in tears on the way to the gym this morning. Yes, fart humor is funny to me. Yes, there are a few frustrating things I'd like to see fixed on my M3 but I love this car, and I love the fact that Tesla makes it fun with stuff like this. How cool is it that you can sit in your car and play Pole Position or watch a realistic fire place with romantic music. When I get in my car after a hard day and it farts when I click the blinker, for me, that will make things just a bit better.

The one developer that was probably tasked with this easter egg probably would not have made a difference if s/he was added to the existing wiper logistics team. I'm certain if they needed the help, they would have commandeered the person long ago.

Software development takes time, regardless of how many warm bodies you throw at it.

Also, sometimes adding more warm bodies to the problem only makes it take longer as you now have to stop and get them caught up on the issues and what you've already tried.

Sure there are some things that could be tweaked. The auto wipers are one of them, but Elon did say they are working to make them better, but for me and mine. The fart button is frickin' awesome! My stomach hurt after I got home from driving around last night after the update (2018.48.12.1). Hitting the fart button to the song " can't fight this feeling anymore" had me and my GF in tears we were laughing so hard. Keep'em coming Mr Musk!

Sure there are some things that could be tweaked. The auto wipers are one of them, but Elon did say they are working to make them better, but for me and mine. The fart button is frickin' awesome! My stomach hurt after I got home from driving around last night after the update (2018.48.12.1). Hitting the fart button to the song " can't fight this feeling anymore" had me and my GF in tears we were laughing so hard. Keep'em coming Mr Musk!
The fart thing had my eight year old in stitches this morning. He couldn't stop laughing every time I hit the turn signal.

Always disliked it when people say "oh I can't believe they did X when they should've fixed Y". Tesla is a large company, a very large one. People are tasked to do different things. I work for a medium sized company and even within our sysadmin department, we each do different things even when we're working on the same projects.

In middle of all the every day craziness, I personally appreciate the fun touch. I like that Elon has a sense of humor and knows how to have fun.
Since as you said, different people do different things, than it follows that the people who added fart noises had nothing higher priority they could implement, hence It shows us that Tesla has people dedicated to fart noises and lower priority features. Obviously those have to be competent developers not to screw up anything important while adding fart noises - the reason Elon hasn't delivered on his now 6 year old promise of an SDK is because they haven't figured out how to isolate apps like that from being dangerous. So the big question is why waste valuable resources on a fart department?

IMHO Elon just wants media attention and since he can't seem to actually deliver anything great lately (his Boring demo lived up to the company name), he moved onto fart humor to try to grab headlines.

• Disagree
Reactions: Runt8