Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My Car does not do XXXX, but it make fart noises now!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Really the new release adds fart noises? My windshield wipers are a danger to use in the rain, and the update they give us is fart noises.

I am sure we all have a long list of updates that should happen before fart noises.

Besides, if you were going to do 'whoopee cushion' mode, it should be set off by the seat sensors - that would have been atleast a bit clever.

Really the new release adds fart noises? My windshield wipers are a danger to use in the rain, and the update they give us is fart noises.

I am sure we all have a long list of updates that should happen before fart noises.

Besides, if you were going to do 'whoopee cushion' mode, it should be set off by the seat sensors - that would have been atleast a bit clever.
Considering it almost never rain where I live, the fart noises will be much more useful for me. I think they made the right decision.

My wipers are great in the rain, so not sure what you're referring to.

Fart noises are great. The difference between the farts of a Tesla vs BMW or VW is the ones from the Tesla won't kill you.

Always disliked it when people say "oh I can't believe they did X when they should've fixed Y". Tesla is a large company, a very large one. People are tasked to do different things. I work for a medium sized company and even within our sysadmin department, we each do different things even when we're working on the same projects.

In middle of all the every day craziness, I personally appreciate the fun touch. I like that Elon has a sense of humor and knows how to have fun.

Always disliked it when people say "oh I can't believe they did X when they should've fixed Y". Tesla is a large company, a very large one. People are tasked to do different things. I work for a medium sized company and even within our sysadmin department, we each do different things even when we're working on the same projects.

In middle of all the every day craziness, I personally appreciate the fun touch. I like that Elon has a sense of humor and knows how to have fun.
I work for a very small company and it still tends to work this way (although I’m not sure management would appreciate it if our virtual cadavers starting farting...).

• Funny
Reactions: Desi42 and Gavyne

Agreed about the windshield wipers being outright dangerous. It rains in Oregon A LOT. Navigating soft button menus to constantly change wiper settings is ridiculous.

This is easily my least favorite thing about my M3 (which I do love in general).

I am a fan of fun little random features (eastern eggs) and likely it was not the same team working on the wipers, but they have got to get a handle on the wipers thing.

I would trade cutesy features for more meaningful things if it was an option. There are still a lot of slightly rough edges about the car that could use polish. (like my callbl transferring from my phone to the car when I open the trunk while loading it).

The wipers don't auto wipe the way I would personally, but that hardly counts as "dangerous".

I live in a heavy rain area, the auto wipers don't adjust effectively to a change their rate to adjust to the amount of rain. So when a semi passes you on the highway and your windshield gets drenched, it stays that way until you hunt and peck you way to the manual setting on the screen, or you keep pressing the 'one wipe' button on the stock.

Not being able to see when you are beside large trucks in the dark is dangerous. Taking your eyes off the road to fix the situation is more dangerous.

I live in a heavy rain area, the auto wipers don't adjust effectively to a change their rate to adjust to the amount of rain. So when a semi passes you on the highway and your windshield gets drenched, it stays that way until you hunt and peck you way to the manual setting on the screen, or you keep pressing the 'one wipe' button on the stock.

Not being able to see when you are beside large trucks in the dark is dangerous. Taking your eyes off the road to fix the situation is more dangerous.

Okay, so for now until that feature is tweaked, on heavy rain days go to manual wipers before you leave your home. For all other rain days set to auto wipe. Problem solved.

Reactions: Rsdavis9 and JeffK