Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My CPO buying experience timeline

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OK y'all so, if you get some idiot accusing you of polluting by fueling your car with coal - well not you Canadians, your grid is cleaner - that's one of the tropes you'll see around the internet. Well hasn't happened to me yet but when it does here's my response: 99% of my car's energy comes from solar. That big roof above the car in this photo? A big ole solar array :D
And it looks good doing it:cool:

Dang...that's a nice set up. That's alot of spots...46 in total? I submitted the Tesla charging partnership to my office complex's management company but doubt anything will be done. I've only seen 4 EVs (all MS's) in the lot.

Those red breaks look so good!

I've thought about getting personal home solar panels but my utilities company is nonprofit and is ramping out solar as part of their grid, so my costs are super low, 6cents. So I'm waiting to see what solar programs they roll with for now. P

$0.06 is crazy low!! I'm at $0.21 + ~$20. Luckily, there are SCs less than 5 miles away.

Attachments

• 20170706.JPG
    20170706.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 39
Reactions: raphy3
I asked for no more ETAs. Just tell me when it is 100% ready and I will pick it up the next day.

Problem - I set up the sale of my current car for tonight. Not sure what I'm going to do from tonight until I get the car.

Yea, this moving target thing sux! Most of my friends and colleagues I've given rides to have said they were going to look into getting one. When I gave them the low down on the the process and my experience, all but one dropped out. Though this last one now is trying to convince his supreme boss.

7/2 Ordered CPO S70D, got the canned email.
7/5 Got a call from my CPO Advisor with an email to go over the process, answer any questions, etc etc.

I am told it will be another 3 to 5 weeks before delivery, depending on how things go.

This wait may destroy me.

Congrats and good luck!

I would kill for a 3-5 week wait! Here in CA its 8-10

8-10 weeks for a CPO? Yikes. That is new car production territory! That would be miserable!

Yea, this moving target thing sux! Most of my friends and colleagues I've given rides to have said they were going to look into getting one. When I gave them the low down on the the process and my experience, all but one dropped out. Though this last one now is trying to convince his supreme boss.

Congrats and good luck!

Thanks! I debated this or waiting for a 3 for a long time. Ultimately I didn't want to wait. I am so excited :)

7/3 ordered CPO P85
7/5 got email ,said 6-8 weeks.
Started on my things to do on MyTesla page.
Got 4/4 items done.
Now MyTesla page is asking for payment.
Doing insurance quotes now. State Farm, whom I been with for almost 40 years wanted $1500/year.
Looking at Geico and Progressive.

8-10 weeks for a CPO? Yikes. That is new car production territory! That would be miserable!

Thanks! I debated this or waiting for a 3 for a long time. Ultimately I didn't want to wait. I am so excited :)

8-10 isn't bad when you realize normal is around the 6 week range, what's another 2-4 weeks :rolleyes:

Wait is totally worth it though. For me it was the buyers remorse bothering me more than the wait (I have remorse with almost everything I buy). Went away once I got those keys!

What the heck? What happened to all the loaner cars? Well it's still nice to have something to drive. Now they'll be motivated to finish and deliver since each day the rental costs Tesla $
They give Tesla loaners to Tesla owners. Technically he isn't one yet and I'm surprised they even did a loaner for the time being. They also do Tesla loaners to owners if they have a free one available. If not, you could end up with a non Tesla.

They give Tesla loaners to Tesla owners. Technically he isn't one yet and I'm surprised they even did a loaner for the time being. They also do Tesla loaners to owners if they have a free one available. If not, you could end up with a non Tesla.

He tried to get me a loaner, but none were available. That's ok. Might as well have my last ICE be a Mustang.

Reactions: ChrgdTeCHick
He tried to get me a loaner, but none were available. That's ok. Might as well have my last ICE be a Mustang.
They customer service I've dealt with so far has been phenomenal. CPO wait/process between deposit and keys in hand is a bit of a pain. They could certainly improve on that. Personally I'd rather have information, vs blowing smoke to buy time. But then again others may not and not saying too much may be the safer route by default. But I think its worse knowing your car is made, pending what repairs may need to be made vs waiting to a new one being built in a factory knowing its just a matter of the last screw to bolt on and then its ready.

6/11 Order On Line Tesla Model S. Car in SF. Based in PDX, Shipping to Seattle for CPO Service.
6/14 Approval from Tesla Lending emails start.
6/19 Final Approval and Trade in Quote. (Sold my other car on open market instead)
6/28 Not much news besides it made it to Seattle and is in a long line behind new cars that need to go out before end of Month.
7/5 Still nothing. Heard from them last week that the car was still wanting for inspection up in Seattle. Hope to hear from them this week. Long waits for CPO!

Hoping to get it early in July.
7/11 will be just over 4 weeks...

Oh and I Sold my other car so back on My Bike for a bit. Human powered!
My city isn't bike friendly, it's so big. My ride to work, which is "close" in local terms, is a 45 min/9 mile ride. But I drive 30 more miles to drop off my kids at their camps. Cycling to work when I can though is a fav of mine. You just have to shower when you get there as 100% humidity has you ending up completely soaked even at 4am.

My city isn't bike friendly, it's so big. My ride to work, which is "close" in local terms, is a 45 min/9 mile ride. But I drive 30 more miles to drop off my kids at their camps. Cycling to work when I can though is a fav of mine. You just have to shower when you get there as 100% humidity has you ending up completely soaked even at 4am.

I used to live about 1.5 miles from work, so biked every day for about a year. I quit because humidity in the summer here is just too much.

Humidity is terrible, I do not miss living in Florida.

6/24 Ordered CPO Deep Blue Metallic S85D. Car in Atlanta, free shipping to Raleigh for inspection/reconditioning.Spoke with CPO Advisor. He told me 3-6 weeks.
7/5 Curious about status of delivery/inspection, so emailed advisor in the early morning. No response so sent follow-up email at end of days.

Going to be a long 3-6 weeks :)!

For the benefit of others considering CPO purchase, I will update msg thread as as I get updates.

8-10 isn't bad when you realize normal is around the 6 week range, what's another 2-4 weeks :rolleyes:

Wait is totally worth it though. For me it was the buyers remorse bothering me more than the wait (I have remorse with almost everything I buy). Went away once I got those keys!
Im the same way... I tend to overanalyze every detail of a purchase. Part buyers remorse, part making sure I had the best deal possible, part worried that another cpo will come along that better matches what I was looking for. Either way, 8-10 weeks is an eternity!

Im the same way... I tend to overanalyze every detail of a purchase. Part buyers remorse, part making sure I had the best deal possible, part worried that another cpo will come along that better matches what I was looking for. Either way, 8-10 weeks is an eternity!
I agree about other CPO's coming along. I have seen a few on the lists.

As for biking in Oregon its not bad like it is in FL or NY. So easy for me. About a mile each way. Almost seems faster to Bike sometimes then to Ride in the car and sit in any traffic.

I agree about other CPO's coming along. I have seen a few on the lists.

As for biking in Oregon its not bad like it is in FL or NY. So easy for me. About a mile each way. Almost seems faster to Bike sometimes then to Ride in the car and sit in any traffic.

Oregon weather is not bad, but the traffic and roads are terrible. I go to Tigard every Thanksgiving to visit family and I am always appalled by the road conditions. I would not feel safe at all riding a bike there to and from work anywhere near rush hour.