Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My disaster of a delivery experience (No quality control)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
There's also the fact that my X is now $35k more if I lemon it and order another....plus however long to wait. I can't just force them to replace it otherwise I'd be considering it.
I'm speechless. I loved (LOVED) our 2016 MS 75D before someone hit it at 100MPH and totaled it. We now have a 2022 M3, which I like a lot, but it's not the warm blanket that was our MS. The yoke has been enough to keep me from even considering a new MS, but stories like this keep reinforcing the worry. I wish you the best of luck, keep us posted.

I'm speechless. I loved (LOVED) our 2016 MS 75D before someone hit it at 100MPH and totaled it. We now have a 2022 M3, which I like a lot, but it's not the warm blanket that was our MS. The yoke has been enough to keep me from even considering a new MS, but stories like this keep reinforcing the worry. I wish you the best of luck, keep us posted.

Funnily enough, I was also concerned about the yoke but my wife and I both got used to it immediately. The only learning curve has been the turn signals.

Tesla is sending a tow truck to pick up the car and take it the 100 miles back to the service center since it is seemingly undrivable at this point. Can't get the front passenger door to close. Can't get the driver's rear door to open more than a foot before it stops and closes again. Tesla pulled seats from another vehicle and will replace the 4 defective seats in mine this next week, so that's good news.

• Informative
Reactions: Genie
Tesla is sending a tow truck to pick up the car and take it the 100 miles back to the service center since it is seemingly undrivable at this point. Can't get the front passenger door to close. Can't get the driver's rear door to open more than a foot before it stops and closes again. Tesla pulled seats from another vehicle and will replace the 4 defective seats in mine this next week, so that's good news.
Does the lemon law apply to only multiple instances of the same issue? Or an accumulation of issues?

Does the lemon law apply to only multiple instances of the same issue? Or an accumulation of issues?
It varies by state. Here in FL the LL says it can be either by amount of visits to dealer for same issue,
OR if at the dealer for just only one problem for at least 15 days. I know some people think it's 30 days
but I got this information directly on the Florida Attorney General's website where you can print out a form
to start the process by sending a copy to the manufacturer, and one to the AG's office in Tallahassee.
I did that, but then obtained a LL attorney so I get all that's coming to me with my Ioniq 5 suit.
My car has been at my dealer for 41 days now. They did give me a loaner so I'm not too upset,
but it is an ICE car so paying for gas pisses me off.

• Informative
Reactions: croman
It is… have to read these useless Tesla posts from people who don’t actually own a Tesla… go here; BMW i4 Forum
Comment not useful.
Screenshot_20221209_122240_Chrome.jpg

This is almost unbelievable. Like someone else said, I can’t keep from thinking that this can happen to all of us purchasing lately.

I know what I’m typing isn’t providing any valuable info. I just wanted to acknowledge that your story and updates are much appreciated.

I’m also waiting for a new driver’s seat for my Model S 2021. But I have no idea how long it will take.

Reactions: aerodyne
So I called Tesla, and they said I don't own a Model X...only a Model Y...but I don't own a Model Y. I was asked repeatedly for the VIN of my X (probably 10x and counting now). I was told that VIN is for a red Model Y. I tell them "Nope, I have a gray X." They also say the name on the Y is not my name and it is a 2021 red Model Y. Just one messed up situation after another. They tell me to call back the next morning.

And now I have given the VIN 4 more times to two different reps who are telling me the same thing. And they won't send a service tech because I am not the owner...of a 2021 red Model Y. The car has also disappeared from the app, and it does not even show in the purchase history on the Tesla website, but two of my prior Teslas do show.

I am beyond frustrated.

P.S. The driver's door is opening only a couple inches, and when I try to pull it open further, it tries to close on me. The motor gives up once I yank it open a couple of feet thankfully. NONE of the other doors will open now. Maybe that has something to do with car being in valet mode, but the doors won't even open from the inside which seems like a safety issue.

Next time someone tells you “that’s not your VIN”, remind them that the 4th digit is the Model and 10th digit the year. It’s impossible to mistake a 2022 X for a different model and year.

If they still don’t believe you, have them Google “vin decoder” to verify your claim. Even NHTSA has one.

Wow! What can prospective owners even do to avoid this situation? Is it just a roll of the dice on such a pricy vehicle?

Allowing customers to inspect the car prior to delivery would have likely found some of these issues, but the 3rd row seat could have been missed along with the odd door behavior and inability to get Homelink to actually program.

Reactions: RSpanner