Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My First Tesla-2021 Model S Plaid MSM-Pics

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This.

The Plaid deserves a proper spec’d wheel set. I was leaning towards spacers myself, but it just doesn’t feel right as safe as it is.
So my process was more along the lines of possibly keeping the OEM wheels so I had the spacers built and confirmed the hubcentric install (really quite cheap) but then ADD set in and I realized this car needed its own set so I ordered a custom set of wheels and the spacers were not needed. Ultimately looking back, I am so glad I got a new set of wheels :)

Can I tell the difference with the new wheels vs the oem's with spacers; not at all. I probably drove the car for about 800 miles with spacers and now about 300 with the new wheels.

Reactions: Drew-MS
I sold my old arachnids with tires and TPMS for a VERY good price on Craigslist. A guy even drove two states away to get them. I'd NOT put the skinny older arachnids on the refresh. The refresh deserves at least the 10.5 OEM width on the rear and at least 9 inch width on the front. And personally, as someone who has successfully run spacers before, not sure I'd go as big as 25mm+ size in spacers.

Reactions: Drew-MS
Its been a while and yep I still enjoy the car... anyone who still defends their ICE vs this is in denial or semi denial (I joke) but the flack I catch for having this car is hilarious from the kids in other forums.

AM-JKLU9eY_e4FYR0_vJiYnWi6OsvzTYtxs0flgO1Xzvyi8tK7VQ3qed5oQG5LGLx_S6R-xIVihRW-CxfqvRkOsc_P03GifVPYOQH9Xnq4ot21ROWK2diql5p-Lm85Q7Lexgr4UbiAfw_jHP06f7CFbK2Lzu=w1791-h1007-no

AM-JKLU9uEVd5QvkT_MQH3-fV5kteCb5bUqevq4K6CUhhst5Nm0oRLQG95SbjX3Y2KkNJOoU6ttQu35kFlC2L8e21cIeGIrGtWje2hAAkDo1UWq0ttsB2hQMrqlXR1dXRxUU2KZsnQkyFRdTd63PAhAYzVMl=w1791-h1007-no

Its been a while and yep I still enjoy the car... anyone who still defends their ICE vs this is in denial or semi denial (I joke) but the flack I catch for having this car is hilarious from the kids in other forums.

AM-JKLU9eY_e4FYR0_vJiYnWi6OsvzTYtxs0flgO1Xzvyi8tK7VQ3qed5oQG5LGLx_S6R-xIVihRW-CxfqvRkOsc_P03GifVPYOQH9Xnq4ot21ROWK2diql5p-Lm85Q7Lexgr4UbiAfw_jHP06f7CFbK2Lzu=w1791-h1007-no

AM-JKLU9uEVd5QvkT_MQH3-fV5kteCb5bUqevq4K6CUhhst5Nm0oRLQG95SbjX3Y2KkNJOoU6ttQu35kFlC2L8e21cIeGIrGtWje2hAAkDo1UWq0ttsB2hQMrqlXR1dXRxUU2KZsnQkyFRdTd63PAhAYzVMl=w1791-h1007-no
I too, have (younger than me, in their 30's) close car guy friends who really reject not just Tesla, but all EV's. They still are stuck on ICE and Supercharging and Turbocharging and exhaust mods and...well, all the things that an ICE takes to get the ICE car to still go MUCH slower than a Plaid or even LR. But at some point, they will come around..like I did. Resistance to EV truly is, futile.

Random stuff with a fresh detail--- still enjoying this car one thousand hp at a time

AM-JKLVNRpQqt6McxumlNweGMgwbr83OLi7kBblLZVOeUAasKwzqZg9-EYKYgxMnDy2Mo5gYLNreP5YMWlWANvvIvo7jOSU_cakfe-oS8uKCNopPjQyA2ObLayBSAlb7ch0bmugo6M3V6cFW9lTn9kYYFJd_=w1791-h1007-no
Nice cars in your sig. Question: do you see yourself purchasing any ICE cars in your future? For me..as much as I loved AMG and //M? I cant go back to letting engines warm up, complexity of systems, waiting for power to build, hesitation (no matter how brief) of transmissions having to shift 6/7/8 times (or more)..
Waiting in line at Costco for gas...expensive service A/B/C maintenance..

I just..cant

Reactions: Paul8810
Nice cars in your sig. Question: do you see yourself purchasing any ICE cars in your future? For me..as much as I loved AMG and //M? I cant go back to letting engines warm up, complexity of systems, waiting for power to build, hesitation (no matter how brief) of transmissions having to shift 6/7/8 times (or more)..
Waiting in line at Costco for gas...expensive service A/B/C maintenance..

I just..cant

I just secured a 992 GTS and it will be on a boat from Emden in a few days--- so yes indeed ICE is still in my veins.

Reactions: 2101Guy and Fastcar
Looks really nice. love the stance. Unfortunately for me here in the Midwest with pretty bad roads I had to go with the 19". considering picking up some 21" for summer use. Will have to see if I like the 19s when mine arrives.
Love the Signature wheels. Definitely on the top of my wish list. Where did you get them?

Looks really nice. love the stance. Unfortunately for me here in the Midwest with pretty bad roads I had to go with the 19". considering picking up some 21" for summer use. Will have to see if I like the 19s when mine arrives.
Love the Signature wheels. Definitely on the top of my wish list. Where did you get them?
They are actually Vossens HF5's 21 inch set up with OEM tires- earlier in this thread I listed all the details.

I got them locally here in Orange County via a retailer who sells alot of their wheels.

Reactions: chirowolf
How do you think they will hold up compared to stock rims? Do you think they are stronger then stock in term of bending?
I did some due diligence and checked load ratings--- that was all solid and perfect. Its a hybrid forged wheel so its probably not in theory as strong as a forged one but I was more worried about the load limits. Any wheel, including a forged wheel, can bend under the right impact so its more along the lines of tire pressures and properly paved roads in regards to that concern.

So Im good with the composition and of course the optics

Reactions: Fastcar
Added the Unleashed Customs wheel--- they are local to me so it was an easy pickup and install. It is weird now driving because with a full wheel I think Im in another of my cars and I try to signal with a stalk LOL ....

I honestly did not mind the Yoke but this just made U turns and other full turns that much better. Under higher speeds in bigger bends/turns, it almost feels like the steering tightened up but that just might be because of my hand locations.

AM-JKLWBp-6QPWHKR0EHLEzY0aVXzy4TFp4yPrQ9ecvmn9nxZA0P4SzRRZBI2rAKXs1LA-tbP9oy0q3KBQVyAI19-jqpBq23HlHkybuyeh8nUeWRueXNjo-Bal84v6EGHw5cebTN_cRDTG6sLKD7YKouNpIt=w1791-h1007-no