Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My only beef with my new "Highland"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got it a week ago. 2024 RWD in red.

It lived up to my expectations in every respect. A huge upgrade from my 2021 SR+. I'm very impressed. I quickly got used to the buttons on the steering wheel in lieu of stalks and actually prefer them. And for the drive selector I find I may in time to prefer the selector in the overhead instead of the screen.

The only issue is this. Press the right scroll button to engage cruise control and/or autopilot. To disengage press again. The problem is when I press again it takes an honest second or two to actually disengage. With the stalk it was instant. And of course, tapping the brake is also instant.

Anyone else experience this. Is that just the way it is?

It lived up to my expectations in every respect. A huge upgrade from my 2021 SR+. I'm very impressed. I quickly got used to the buttons on the steering wheel in lieu of stalks and actually prefer them. And for the drive selector I find I may in time to prefer the selector in the overhead instead of the screen.
Nice!

Do you have a road trip partner with a reaction to the new controls?

My partner likes riding in the 2020 Model 3 but she'll keep tapping the wiper button rather than touch the screen while driving. The recent UI changes will help if they're not too complicated for her. OTOH the Tesla TACC is the only cruise control UI she can remember how to use.