Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My request that the Arizona Attorney General's office investigate Tesla's changes to Ludicrous Mode

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sure, if they sold it like that, that's fine. But they can't downgrade performance after selling the car without our approval. Who the hell owns the car? Us or them?
Another change Tesla made to my car - outside of requiring LM for max power. Prior to the release that Jon McNeill stated had the countergate software - if I selected MB - I would get an instant 20 kw boost in power, without even waiting for MBR. Now i need to wait for MBR which takes 35 minutes. So if I don't wait the 35 minutes for MBR, my normal driving performance went for 488 kw to 466 kw.

And since it was instant - the battery never needed to be conditioned to get the extra 20 kw, which means the battery did not need to be stressed by heating it up etc. Why not provide that 20 kw when selecting ludicrous mode? I know it is there ... and is readily available.

Just another step by Tesla to reduce the use case of the higher power levels.

I'm a little concerned. I have to take my car in for service, and I don't have locking lug nuts on my upgraded 21 inch staggered wheels. Apparently it would be ok for Tesla to swap them for 19 inch wheels because there's only a 9 percent difference in diameter. Not to mention they were only 3.5 percent of the cost of the car. I know I shouldn't care, but what should I do? Thanks.

Edit: I called them, and they said that yes they would swap them out, but they would keep a set at the service center. Whenever I want to go to the dragstrip, I can come in and swap them out. It would void my warranty, though. I knew Tesla would come up with a fair solution.:)

Last edited:
Best I could get was 3.0s and 650ish hp. I was going uphill though, couldnt really find a flat straight early this AM. Will head out another time to find an empty spot where I can hit it flat, or does that not matter for how this calculates? Loaded (minus rear facing seats & charger) P90DL max battery power ready.

• Informative
Reactions: Walta
Best I could get was 3.0s and 650ish hp. I was going uphill though, couldnt really find a flat straight early this AM. Will head out another time to find an empty spot where I can hit it flat, or does that not matter for how this calculates? Loaded (minus rear facing seats & charger) P90DL max battery power ready.
The incline shouldn't matter for power,but will definitely affect 0 to 60. Don't forget to try it both with and without launch mode. 650 hp is about 485 KW. That's about what you'd get with a v2 battery or a v3 without launch mode. Let us know what the percent charge of your battery is also. The higher the better.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: Walta
careful you v2 owners, if you have any battery issues tesla will have no issue downgrading you to a v1. brought this up with my SC and no one has responded...
I would battle that one real hard... such that no matter which version battery I had that went south , I would require a V3 replacement.

Also are you saying that the downgrading is an issue with only V2 owners?

SO glad I bought a lowly 100D and dive it like I own it, and not a "P". These 1st world $150k problems are such a pain to live with.
It is TOTALLY a ridiculous issue. The video earlier in this thread about "first world problems" was hilarious and true. Cannot deny that.

I would NEVER by another P car from Tesla. If given the opportunity I would love to unload my P90DL for a 100D. I am attending the CDSP hearing on Thursday - I do not know what to expect for the outcome. I am asking for Tesla to remove the P from my car.

While I do continue to LOVE my car, and the amazing performance. I hate the Tesla experience from a position of bang for the buck.

Mostly joking in my post but just for you I'll repost an earlier post you might have missed

Yeah, I saw that. Remember thinking at the time how hilarious it was going to be for the poster when the model 3 deliveries are delayed so long that all the rebates will be used by model x and model s buyers, and his car ends up costing him $7500 more than he thought. Just hilarious. I'm glad you guy's think it's so funny that the company you're doing business with has no compunction in just unilaterally removing $3300 worth of options from a car after delivery.

Yeah, I saw that. Remember thinking at the time how hilarious it was going to be for the poster when the model 3 deliveries are delayed so long that all the rebates will be used by model x and model s buyers, and his car ends up costing him $7500 more than he thought. Just hilarious. I'm glad you guy's think it's so funny that the company you're doing business with has no compunction in just unilaterally removing $3300 worth of options from a car after delivery.

Out of curiosity what model Tesla do you own?

I don't believe it was @boonedocks intention to question our intent to get the performance we paid the $10K for? Just making fun of the overall view of people with cash complaining about their dream cars. Which is why the statement of "mostly joking".

Did I read you correctly @boonedocks ?

Either way - I still love the video !

I don't believe it was @boonedocks intention to question our intent to get the performance we paid the $10K for? Just making fun of the overall view of people with cash complaining about their dream cars. Which is why the statement of "mostly joking".

Did I read you correctly @boonedocks ?

Either way - I still love the video !

You did indeed read me right. I really was joking about it even adding "lowly" to my 100D to show my humor