Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My take on mud flaps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They work. All those wet leaves would be up on the rocker panel.

I don't have mud flaps, but also don't have any leaves sticking to the car body either. Must have something to do with them getting blown off if you drive fast enough.

Not trying to make up anyone's mind on the mud-flaps, just saying that leaf plastering is not a problem on my TM3.

a

I don't have mud flaps, but also don't have any leaves sticking to the car body either. Must have something to do with them getting blown off if you drive fast enough.

Not trying to make up anyone's mind on the mud-flaps, just saying that leaf plastering is not a problem on my TM3.

a

Go find a street full of wet leaves and drive on it. Then post pictures of your car.

• Funny
Reactions: Kleenerth3
Haven’t installed mine yet....only plan on running them during the winter. Will just toss them on when I throw my winter set on. I traced and cut out strips of ppf to put under the guards to prevent scratching and will try some 3m double sided tape instead of the screw.

Attachments

• HTB1bc6mMkvoK1RjSZPfq6xPKFXaW.jpg
    HTB1bc6mMkvoK1RjSZPfq6xPKFXaW.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 71
I love my mud flaps but have already had two break completely off. Taking off the remaining two for winter now, the snow will most certainly rip them off!
I would love to know which kind you installed. This is the kind of thing I like researching, durability. Was it a total failure and did it damage the finish? We are using them to protect our cars and this might help a few make a better choice. :)
Thanks. :cool:

• Informative
Reactions: artsci
Yeah, got them off Amazon from China. Here are how mine failed. Both the front left & right have the exact same type of damage.

Pros:
The one screw and two push-tabs held secure, they didn't break off nor did I lose them
It didn't tear the fabric lining of the wheel well at all
It didn't mar nor scratch my paint

Cons:
They broke

F9pGd9d.jpg

One broke when I went over an exceptionally large speed bump - even at very low speeds it hit and made a cracking plastic noise (not a great sound but better than the metal battery banging I guess). The other broke some other time, not really sure nor did I hear it. I'll be getting a new set for next summer ($19.99 only) as I love how they look and they worked really well overall.

In the mountains though during the winter I'm pretty sure they would be pulled off with the first couple feet on the road. Hope this helps!

Yeah, got them off Amazon from China. Here are how mine failed. Both the front left & right have the exact same type of damage.

Pros:
The one screw and two push-tabs held secure, they didn't break off nor did I lose them
It didn't tear the fabric lining of the wheel well at all
It didn't mar nor scratch my paint

Cons:
They broke

F9pGd9d.jpg

One broke when I went over an exceptionally large speed bump - even at very low speeds it hit and made a cracking plastic noise (not a great sound but better than the metal battery banging I guess). The other broke some other time, not really sure nor did I hear it. I'll be getting a new set for next summer ($19.99 only) as I love how they look and they worked really well overall.

In the mountains though during the winter I'm pretty sure they would be pulled off with the first couple feet on the road. Hope this helps!
That does absolutely and thanks for the pic! I'm glad no harm came to your 3, I only hope that you don't have too severe of a winter. Funny how we're talking about winter and it's 97° outside right now. I could go for a snowdrift about now... Just a small one. :p
Thanks again and enjoy your 3! :cool: