Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

My wife backed into a tree!!!

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
She was using the mirrors... Geez.
Photo Jun 11 2023, 1 18 05 PM.jpg

She was using the side mirror only, 11pm and unfamiliar area picking up our son from a party. She's beating herself up about it. Feb 2023 build so no sensors. It stinks, it's a beautiful car. We've really (her) enjoyed it so far. In our area, Tesla collision is 2 months out. At least it's operational.

Reactions: Abraham
Geez. That sucks. I know when pulling into my garage, next to a workbench, the sensors (USS on my 3 or camera only on my Y), go nuts, so I kinda have gotten to ignore them in those close settings. I think the 2020 had an option to make them less sensitive. I can't find it on the 2023.

Reactions: laservet
She was using the side mirror only, 11pm and unfamiliar area picking up our son from a party. She's beating herself up about it. Feb 2023 build so no sensors. It stinks, it's a beautiful car. We've really (her) enjoyed it so far. In our area, Tesla collision is 2 months out. At least it's operational.
Quad, about 7 months ago, I was rear-ended in our MYP with very similar damage to our hatch and rear bumper. I found a local Tesla Authorized repair shop that worked with my Insurance company. My car was driveable so I didn't need a rental until the car went in for repair. After a brief delay waiting for Allstate to "approve" the estimate (the collisions shops charge a higher labor rate on Teslas than other cars) the shop went ahead and ordered the parts. The car went into the shop on a Monday and I had it back fully repaired on Wednesday, so I only needed a rental for 3 days. The car was repaired, good as new, about 3 weeks after the accident.
We didn't even consider using a Tesla Collision center as the closest one is out of state over 100 miles from where I live.
Good luck.

Reactions: QuadB and TesraY
Geez. That sucks. I know when pulling into my garage, next to a workbench, the sensors (USS on my 3 or camera only on my Y), go nuts, so I kinda have gotten to ignore them in those close settings. I think the 2020 had an option to make them less sensitive. I can't find it on the 2023.
Probably Joe Mode, I could be wrong since I haven't used it, but apparently it lowers the volume of the chimes and alerts for any sleeping passengers or kids in the car..