Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYLR all season tyres

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Agreed about the two versions, I'm puzzled

1694369909279.png

Apart from the very obvious price difference, the non-SUV version has a better speed index of V instead of H, which would be closer to the factory 'Y' for summer tyres. They are both XL for reinforced extra-load...

Any differences on fitment?

Agreed about the two versions, I'm puzzled

View attachment 972659

Apart from the very obvious price difference, the non-SUV version has a better speed index of V instead of H, which would be closer to the factory 'Y' for summer tyres. They are both XL for reinforced extra-load...

Any differences on fitment?
The H speed rating is technically slightly too low for the top speed of the car. Some say that lower speed ratings could invalidate insurance but I’ve never directly heard of that happening. You can’t legally drive at such speeds in the UK so I’m not sure if it’s really an issue.

The H speed rating is technically slightly too low for the top speed of the car. Some say that lower speed ratings could invalidate insurance but I’ve never directly heard of that happening. You can’t legally drive at such speeds in the UK so I’m not sure if it’s really an issue.
I am aware and raised this on this thread before. I am more curious about the existence of a CC2 vs. a CC2 SUV version and which one would be better indicated for our MYs, and if there is a difference on the protruding Gemini rims as reported with CC2 before. Also, one could wonder why the better speed index is cheaper and not the opposite...

From what I've read I think the CCS2 SUV was developed for Mercedes to get a better economy - as we know distance ratings are critical so if they can get a better tyre that gives them 10/15 more miles that can be a real advantage.

As others have said the max speed is lower on the SUV and lower than the Model Y rating so but I think that would only cause a problem if going to Germany. Realistically it's very close to the original rating and obviously no-one will be going that fast in winters.

I think continenatl provide a sticker you stick somewhere obvious when using winter tyres. A quick google throws up pictures sayng 210kn/h using winter contact. I presume you could do the same if you wanted to avoid the risk/accusation of not knowing.

So you’re not allowed to drive in Germany or Spain if the tyres don’t match the OEM’s specs exactly?
MYLR has a manufacturer top speed rating of 135mph (https://www.tesla.com/en_gb/modely) so that means at least a V index.
H is 130mph max.

Similarly, MYP is rated at 150mph top, so that means a W index, as V is capped at 149, if you're facing a pretty miserable copper...

The OEM index Y is rated for up to 186mph, so that's unnecessary...

Strictly speaking, that would mean the Michelin CC2 SUV are not suitable for the MY, as they are only H rated. Maybe the reason why they released the CC2 non SUV rated V this year...

• Informative
Reactions: Adopado and Obie
MYLR has a manufacturer top speed rating of 135mph (https://www.tesla.com/en_gb/modely) so that means at least a V index.
H is 130mph max.
That doesn’t matter in Germany/Spain. It is what the manufacturer certified the vehicle with.

So you’re not allowed to drive in Germany or Spain if the tyres don’t match the OEM’s specs exactly?
Not sure. You certainly wouldn’t pass their equivalent of our MOT without tyres that match (or I assume exceed) the certificate on conformity.

That doesn’t matter in Germany/Spain. It is what the manufacturer certified the vehicle with.

Not sure. You certainly wouldn’t pass their equivalent of our MOT without tyres that match (or I assume exceed) the certificate on conformity.

Having access to the EU CoC, I can confirm it's with a W index even for the LR in both 19" and 20" configuration.

1694521024802.png

1694521082367.png

I'm starting to look at tyres as my originals are not far off the end of life and getting ready for winter (you tell its tipping down outside!).

Michelin Cross Climates are mentioned a lot in this thread, whereas a google came up with Continental All Season Contact which are available and well reviewed. Was there any reason why the Contis are bring overlooked?

I don't intend to swap summer and winter tyres, they'd be in the car until they need changing.

Camskill and blackcirles between them list the following options:

Goodyear Vector 4 season gen3 suv
Conti all season
Mich CC2 (in Volvo spec)
Vredstien quatrac pro

Can't see the pirelli's listed anyway so far

Any to rule out? I'm thinking conti because I'm not a fan of the Mich gap/owverhang where it joins the rim

Last edited:
Reactions: WannabeOwner
I have had cross climates on my Model 3 and got Quatrac Pros on my Y. They worked wonders in the snow and ice we had down south last winter and have been lovely in the summer heat. I went for the Quatrac pros this time as they rated higher in water vs the others which is more typical than snow in the south east. When I come to replace this set, it will be with more Quatrac Pros. FWIW, we also out them on my wife’s Leaf and they performed just as well on that 2WD vehicle.

I have had cross climates on my Model 3 and got Quatrac Pros on my Y. They worked wonders in the snow and ice we had down south last winter and have been lovely in the summer heat. I went for the Quatrac pros this time as they rated higher in water vs the others which is more typical than snow in the south east. When I come to replace this set, it will be with more Quatrac Pros. FWIW, we also out them on my wife’s Leaf and they performed just as well on that 2WD vehicle.
Good to know. How do they fit with respect to the rim? Probably not a deal breaker but the MY does seem to have a pronounced lip

I'm starting to look at tyres as my originals are not far off the end of life and getting ready for winter (you tell its tipping down outside!).

Michelin Cross Climates are mentioned a lot in this thread, whereas a google came up with Continental All Season Contact which are available and well reviewed. Was there any reason why the Contis are bring overlooked?

I don't intend to swap summer and winter tyres, they'd be in the car until they need changing.

Camskill and blackcirles between them list the following options:

Goodyear Vector 4 season gen3 suv
Conti all season
Mich CC2 (in Volvo spec)
Vredstien quatrac pro

Can't see the pirelli's listed anyway so far

Any to rule out? I'm thinking conti because I'm not a fan of the Mich gap/owverhang where it joins the rim
It's just that the Conti are fairly recent, I mentioned them on the previous page of this thread.

Due to change tyres too and I'm hesitating between the two because Michelin has a £100 cashback promotion for their tyres until the end of the year. (https://offer.michelin.co.uk/pim4-uk)
For me the CrossClimates are the absolute reference in All Season Tyres, the Contis are slightly better speed rated though and reviews are good.

Havent seen anyone with the Conti who could speak for the protruding rims, a picture would be welcome if someone has them?

I’ve had cc2’s on my M3 for a couple of months and have been happy with them during the summer and think (no science) they offer a softer ride to the OEM tyres.

I got them as I’m taking car to Switzerland/Alps this winter and I’m not keen on the idea of swapping tyres seasonally.

Only downside so far for me is that the tread makes them look more like tractor tyres and far from sporty - I hadn’t seen them before I had them fitted.