Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYLR / MSM exterior / BLACK interior - Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, for those who are more knowledgeable than me, it is: PA073292.
Let me just say that whatever the downside of receiving a cancelled order, it will be offset by $7500 that, based on order date, was not a possibility before. Based on the best predictions of the battery sourcing and minerals requirement, there are no current manufacturers who will qualify for the full credit in March. Congrats man!

Let me just say that whatever the downside of receiving a cancelled order, it will be offset by $7500 that, based on order date, was not a possibility before. Based on the best predictions of the battery sourcing and minerals requirement, there are no current manufacturers who will qualify for the full credit in March. Congrats man!
Thanks. That said, I'm not eligible for the credit. So, that doesn't have much significance to me.

Thanks. That said, I'm not eligible for the credit. So, that doesn't have much significance to me.
I now suspect mine is a cancelled order as well. The odometer is listed as "15". It seems unlikely this just rolled off the assembly line. When I bought my Chevy Bolt, it had been sitting there for months and had 2 miles on the ODO. An around the block style test drive pushed it to 4 miles. It all happened in one day also, which is such a different experience. They barely had time to DCFC enough miles into the battery for me to get home!

I'm not opposed to it. For one thing, as seen earlier, I was already worried about an Austin build (build quality) and disappointed I wouldn't be getting the matrix lights. Now, I'm worried that I'm either getting a canceled order (perhaps not the end of the world) or, worse yet, a rejected order.

yeah..i'm paranoid that i will be getting a rejected order

Reactions: fredzos
I now suspect mine is a cancelled order as well. The odometer is listed as "15". It seems unlikely this just rolled off the assembly line. When I bought my Chevy Bolt, it had been sitting there for months and had 2 miles on the ODO. An around the block style test drive pushed it to 4 miles. It all happened in one day also, which is such a different experience. They barely had time to DCFC enough miles into the battery for me to get home!
Tesla uses "15" as a placeholder on all MVPAs.

Also remember that probably more often than not getting an order that was destined for someone else is because they backed out of delivery due to finances, changing of mind or changing their order (even more common now with tax credit limit increases). Rejections due to QC are probably not as frequent.

Also remember that probably more often than not getting an order that was destined for someone else is because they backed out of delivery due to finances, changing of mind or changing their order (even more common now with tax credit limit increases). Rejections due to QC are probably not as frequent.
Yes, right now Tesla is vigorously demanding my final payment, straight out of my bank account. Probably no destitute people on this forum, but instant demands of 4 or 5 figure amounts can catch almost anyone off guard.

This is helpful. Thank you! Is there any way to tell based on my VIN when the car was manufactured? I'm guessing this would give me a better idea of whether the car was canceled or rejected.

Hi everyone,

I confirmed my car has a "gated date" of 2/11/23, which makes me feel pretty confident it was a cacnellation verus a reject.

As expected, they confirmed, as well, that it has the "Premium" headlights as opposed to the "Global" (matrix) headlights.
What day did you get the VIN? If you got the VIN on the 11th or 12th it probably isn't even a cancelled car but just "your car". Certainly not a QC reject.