Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

MYLR / MSM exterior / BLACK interior - Waiting Room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I was getting a little discouraged reading peoples post about their EDD getting pushed back a significant amount. Luckily i guess i was one of the fortunate ones where my EDD got pushed up. I woke up this morning surprised to get a text saying VIN is assigned. Looks like its coming from Fremont. I know i have read this somewhere but do cars from Fremont come with matrix headlights and cargo cover?

Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce
I was getting a little discouraged reading peoples post about their EDD getting pushed back a significant amount. Luckily i guess i was one of the fortunate ones where my EDD got pushed up. I woke up this morning surprised to get a text saying VIN is assigned. Looks like its coming from Fremont. I know i have read this somewhere but do cars from Fremont come with matrix headlights and cargo cover?
Congrats on VIN. A 1/25 order with VIN is rare. Fremont will have cargo cover (unless 7 seater) and has a high likelihood of having matrix lights. So far matrix has been on all cars up to VINs with PF68XXXX. I haven't seen anyone take delivery of a PF 69XXXXX to confirm if they still have matrix.

What are the first three numbers of your VIN after the PF? That may tell you if your car has Matrix. May also give a clue if your VIN is from another order that someone backed out on....I'm only wondering as 1/25 is a very recent order date to get a VIN already. Most are just 1/18-1/20 ODs getting VINs. And some with even earlier ODs don't have VINs yet.

Congrats on VIN. A 1/25 order with VIN is rare. Fremont will have cargo cover (unless 7 seater) and has a high likelihood of having matrix lights. So far matrix has been on all cars up to VINs with PF68XXXX. I haven't seen anyone take delivery of a PF 69XXXXX to confirm if they still have matrix.

What are the first three numbers of your VIN after the PF? That may tell you if your car has Matrix. May also give a clue if your VIN is from another order that someone backed out on....I'm only wondering as 1/25 is a very recent order date to get a VIN already. Most are just 1/18-1/20 ODs getting VINs. And some with even earlier ODs don't have VINs yet.
its 690. How do you know if its from another order? i'm such a newbie

its 690. How do you know if its from another order? i'm such a newbie
690 will be new. Not many 690s out there yet. If you had a PF66XXXXX or PF67XXXX it could be an order that was transferred. Let us know if you get matrix as there were rumours they were switching back from matrix but so far they haven't.

Your SA (if you have contact with one) can tell you if you have matrix lights or not from your VIN. Their system will say either Global or Premium. Global are matrix, Premium are non-matrix.
Otherwise when you take delivery if the headlights have a circular projector bulb in the outer corner then that is matrix. If just a row of reflectors then that is non-matrix. Or you can run the light show and if it spells out TESLA at the end you have matrix.

Matrix on the left in this comparison photo:

f6a04a28177e2b346ec008ab2eda3270.jpeg

690 will be new. Not many 690s out there yet. Let us know if you get matrix as there were rumours they were switching back from matrix but so far they haven't.

Your SA (if you have contact with one) can tell you if you have matrix lights or not from your VIN. Their system will say either Global or Premium. Global are matrix, Premium are non-matrix.
Otherwise when you take delivery if the headlights have a circular projector bulb in the outer corner then that is matrix. If just a row of reflectors then that is non-matrix. Or you can run the light show and if it spells out TESLA at the end you have matrix.

Matrix on the left in this comparison photo:

thank you so much !!!! so with this vin its not from a previous order...this is fresh out of the factory?

Congrats! You are the few lucky ones.

Mine got pushed up 1 week this morning. Tomorrow is 7 days since VIN, so hopefully they will contact me. VIN is PF68 so cargo cover and matrix. Everything falling into place.

I’m LR MSM, black, 5, 19s, std autopilot. Basically MSM is the only option. Ordered 1/16 and initial EDD was Feb-March. Looked at my MVPA today and indeed delivery location is Roswell (Alpharetta). I live in Jackson County so that’s about an hour from home (like everything).

Hopefully this means more MSM builds are heading to Atlanta soon. Kind of surprised to see I have a Fremont build (11th digit is an F). Not disappointed, just surprised.
I got my Vin this morning. Also MSM but with white interior and 20' wheels. My EDD is two weeks out.

Reactions: EnrgyNDpndnce
I ordered mine on 1/28. Got an original EDD of late February, which about a week or so ago moved up to that day - February 23, and kept holding steady. A few days ago I got a VIN. And, delivery is scheduled for 2/19. Is there any way to know if mine is a new one or perhaps one that was rejected?

I ordered mine on 1/28. Got an original EDD of late February, which about a week or so ago moved up to that day - February 23, and kept holding steady. A few days ago I got a VIN. And, delivery is scheduled for 2/19. Is there any way to know if mine is a new one or perhaps one that was rejected?
You're weeks ahead of your cohort. I ordered on 1/15 with delivery on 2/28. Sounds like you got a cancellation.