Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I think it does pinch slightly, but after closing the lid a couple of times the lid now closes pretty normally. I did try to pull the wiring as close to the corners as I can, but I didn’t run it through any hidden channels. As it sits now I don't have any concerns about damaging anything.

Here’s a picture of what my armrest storage looks like with the lighting kit installed:
The two other complaints I have with this kit is 1. It takes up the whole cigarette lighter. I wish it comes with a USB power cord, and 2. The screws that‘s supposed to hold the fiber optics ends to the LED light is too big to be screwed into the hole to secure the fiber. I may have to look for smaller screws myself or just tape it up but in the summer heat the adhesive may become nasty cooking in the center console.

The two other complaints I have with this kit is 1. It takes up the whole cigarette lighter. I wish it comes with a USB power cord, and 2. The screws that‘s supposed to hold the fiber optics ends to the LED light is too big to be screwed into the hole to secure the fiber. I may have to look for smaller screws myself or just tape it up but in the summer heat the adhesive may become nasty cooking in the center console.
These are definitely drawbacks, but for me the 12V plug is something I almost never use so it was an OK trade off for me. I used some electrical tape to hold the fiber optic to the LED port so I guess we'll see how it goes in the summer.

I saw one installation of something similar on Youtube but instead of stashing all the cables in the center console, he removed the panel to the right of the driver's knee and stored them in there, with only one wire running into the center console to plug into the lighter.

• Helpful
Reactions: Mr_Joe
I just got it. Installed the center console one with no problem but when I started the dash, the metal pry tool they gave scrated the *sugar* out of my white trim and I stopped. Is there a better way to do this? Like remove the white trim and loosen it first or something

You can always get a splitter for the power socket (cig lighter).

I just got it. Installed the center console one with no problem but when I started the dash, the metal pry tool they gave scrated the *sugar* out of my white trim and I stopped. Is there a better way to do this? Like remove the white trim and loosen it first or something
I only used the plastic spatula to pry open a crack to install the outmost end of the light strip. After that you can pretty easily just press the light strip in with your thumb. The metal thing would for sure cause significant scratches.

Reactions: dragoon9988
Could you share that video?
I have mine installed with all the wires hiding under the center console. I used a more expensive kit from Xkglow though. I powered them tapping power from the back of the cigarette socket. I also have mine wired to a relay that will power on/off with the footwell light, so you can manually turn the ambient lights off from the menu if you want.

Attachments

• B32C53B8-5ADF-47CF-9342-D9E2ADCB42EA.jpeg
    B32C53B8-5ADF-47CF-9342-D9E2ADCB42EA.jpeg
    510.3 KB · Views: 290
  • 40DDD756-ABBB-44A4-8E10-9E4CBFA8359A.jpeg
    40DDD756-ABBB-44A4-8E10-9E4CBFA8359A.jpeg
    485.4 KB · Views: 193
  • 10B6323E-1988-42C8-B4AF-E70288BDF15E.jpeg
    10B6323E-1988-42C8-B4AF-E70288BDF15E.jpeg
    347.5 KB · Views: 201
  • F563311B-38BF-4A45-B182-77D3BD3ECC53.jpeg
    F563311B-38BF-4A45-B182-77D3BD3ECC53.jpeg
    553.9 KB · Views: 186
  • 4B67F77A-54A3-4296-B1D7-C36E7C829110.jpeg
    4B67F77A-54A3-4296-B1D7-C36E7C829110.jpeg
    334.8 KB · Views: 187
I have mine installed with all the wires hiding under the center console. I used a more expensive kit from Xkglow though. I powered them tapping power from the back of the cigarette socket. I also have mine wired to a relay that will power on/off with the footwell light, so you can manually turn the ambient lights off from the menu if you want.
That’s exactly i want to do on my MY. like to get power from back of 12 socket and connect stock footwell light from under dash wire as switch using relay…..
So i control on/off ambient light from menu.
Can you explain more detail connection of relay ? with pictures ?

Thank you

Last edited: